new Honda CR-V break in

Old January 2nd 10, 07:13 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_4_]

Default new Honda CR-V break in

On 01/02/2010 11:04 AM, Guy wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 10:09:49 -0800, jim > wrote:

>>> Thanks for giving me the best word to describe what I think of your
>>> opinion now... "garbage". People disagree but when some people carry
>>> on the way you do, they have something wrong. Why not make yourself
>>> happy and PLONK me so I don't have to see your "garbage" posts any
>>> longer.

>> i have a better solution: you stop flaunting your willful ignorance,
>> then see what kind a reaction you get. think about it. if you can.

> Wow. Do you feel better when you talk like this?

do you have /no/ logical thought capability???
Old January 2nd 10, 07:36 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Greg[_19_]

jim beam wrote:

> 1999 or not, that doesn't change the physics. think of it like this:
> solid ice can rough you up pretty badly. water offers almost no
> lubrication worth worrying about. but ice slurry, where the smaller
> particles are free to slide among themselves, can be a fantastic remover
> of friction.

I think you need to re-think this one.
A 'slurry' of metal particles is going to lubricate better than clean
oil?? LOL!
I don't think you understand how a hydrodynamic bearing works, nor do
you appreciate how vanishingly thin the oil film is under load.
Old January 2nd 10, 07:40 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Guy[_2_]

On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 11:11:31 -0800, JRStern >
wrote:

>On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 19:41:07 -0600, "Guy" > wrote:
>
>>I got a new 2010 CR-V and wife asked me how to break it in properly.
>>What is the proper way?
>>
>>I don't care what the manual says. What do you guys feel is the best
>>mileage to do the first oil change? I normally change my oil and
>>filter around 3500 miles on my other cars with no synthetic.

>Follow the manual and the minder.
>
>They say no restrictions on driving from day one, and you'll probably
>go about a normal oil change distance, about 6k miles depending on
>your driving habits, before the minder says hello.
>
>That's what Honda wants to honor the warranty, seems good to me.
>
>Engineering, materials, manufacturing are all really, really different
>now than thirty years ago, I haven't heard anyone accusing the minder
>of being too conservative about oil changes, maybe a little the other
>way in fact, recommending changes a little sooner than really needed.
>Plus, you might get paranoid when it says 15% left and change it then,
>when you really can run it to zero, usually another 1,000 miles. Not
>like the car grinds to a halt at that point!
>
>J.

Thanks JR, I gotcha. That sounds reasonable. I do intend to read
the manual regardless but I really wanted to know how others drove
their newer cars especially for breakin. I imagine my CR-V tho not
an EX will seem like a EX compared to my Accord LX of 7 years ago so
I'll have to get used to the extra bells and whistles. Anyway,
thanks for the straight advice and without the accusations.
Old January 2nd 10, 07:46 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Guy[_2_]

On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 11:13:02 -0800, jim beam > wrote:

>On 01/02/2010 11:04 AM, Guy wrote:

>>> i have a better solution: you stop flaunting your willful ignorance,
>>> then see what kind a reaction you get. think about it. if you can.

>> Wow. Do you feel better when you talk like this?

>do you have /no/ logical thought capability???

Gosh you are so intellectual and I bet it shows to the rest. Go ahead
and reply so I can have something to laugh at today and I'll do my
best to let you have the last word. That way you can have a higher
opinion of yourself.
Old January 2nd 10, 07:51 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_4_]

On 01/02/2010 11:36 AM, Greg wrote:
> jim beam wrote:
>

>> 1999 or not, that doesn't change the physics. think of it like this:
>> solid ice can rough you up pretty badly. water offers almost no
>> lubrication worth worrying about. but ice slurry, where the smaller
>> particles are free to slide among themselves, can be a fantastic
>> remover of friction.

> I think you need to re-think this one.
> A 'slurry' of metal particles is going to lubricate better than clean
> oil?? LOL!

the majority of particulate matter in oil is combustion product, not
metal. if /you/ have a slurry of metal particles in your oil, you have
a problem.

> I don't think you understand how a hydrodynamic bearing works, nor do
> you appreciate how vanishingly thin the oil film is under load.

you're contradicting yourself. hydrodynamic separation, by definition,
means there is sufficient thickness to keep the two solid surfaces
apart. if they're not separated, then it's not hydrodynamic.
Old January 2nd 10, 07:55 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_4_]

On 01/02/2010 11:40 AM, Guy wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 11:11:31 -0800, >
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 19:41:07 -0600, > wrote:
>>
>>> I got a new 2010 CR-V and wife asked me how to break it in properly.
>>> What is the proper way?
>>>
>>> I don't care what the manual says. What do you guys feel is the best
>>> mileage to do the first oil change? I normally change my oil and
>>> filter around 3500 miles on my other cars with no synthetic.

>> Follow the manual and the minder.
>>
>> They say no restrictions on driving from day one, and you'll probably
>> go about a normal oil change distance, about 6k miles depending on
>> your driving habits, before the minder says hello.
>>
>> That's what Honda wants to honor the warranty, seems good to me.
>>
>> Engineering, materials, manufacturing are all really, really different
>> now than thirty years ago, I haven't heard anyone accusing the minder
>> of being too conservative about oil changes, maybe a little the other
>> way in fact, recommending changes a little sooner than really needed.
>> Plus, you might get paranoid when it says 15% left and change it then,
>> when you really can run it to zero, usually another 1,000 miles. Not
>> like the car grinds to a halt at that point!
>>
>> J.
>>

> Thanks JR, I gotcha. That sounds reasonable. I do intend to read
> the manual

you've been "intending" to read the manual for some time now guy.
contrasted with the time you've /actually/ spent here trying to justify
/not/ reading it of course. but we already know logic is not your strength.

Old January 2nd 10, 07:56 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_4_]

On 01/02/2010 11:46 AM, Guy wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 11:13:02 -0800, jim > wrote:

>>> Wow. Do you feel better when you talk like this?

>> do you have /no/ logical thought capability???

> Gosh you are so intellectual and I bet it shows to the rest. Go ahead
> and reply so I can have something to laugh at today and I'll do my
> best to let you have the last word. That way you can have a higher
> opinion of yourself.

you - just - don't - get - it.
Old January 2nd 10, 08:18 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Guy[_2_]

On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 11:55:01 -0800, jim beam > wrote:

>On 01/02/2010 11:40 AM, Guy wrote:
>> On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 11:11:31 -0800, >
>> wrote:

>>> Follow the manual and the minder.
>>>
>>> They say no restrictions on driving from day one, and you'll probably
>>> go about a normal oil change distance, about 6k miles depending on
>>> your driving habits, before the minder says hello.
>>>
>>> That's what Honda wants to honor the warranty, seems good to me.
>>>
>>> Engineering, materials, manufacturing are all really, really different
>>> now than thirty years ago, I haven't heard anyone accusing the minder
>>> of being too conservative about oil changes, maybe a little the other
>>> way in fact, recommending changes a little sooner than really needed.
>>> Plus, you might get paranoid when it says 15% left and change it then,
>>> when you really can run it to zero, usually another 1,000 miles. Not
>>> like the car grinds to a halt at that point!
>>>
>>> J.
>>>

>> Thanks JR, I gotcha. That sounds reasonable. I do intend to read
>> the manual

>you've been "intending" to read the manual for some time now guy.
>contrasted with the time you've /actually/ spent here trying to justify
>/not/ reading it of course. but we already know logic is not your strength.

Maybe I can't read the manual because I stuck inside sick. But I
guess that doesn't compute in your disillusional mind. Go ahead and
impress everyone else with your wisdom now !
Old January 2nd 10, 08:19 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Brian Smith

On 1/2/2010 2:06 PM, Guy wrote:

> You're right. Still hope he PLONKS me first.

LOL!
Old January 2nd 10, 08:21 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Brian Smith

On 1/2/2010 2:29 PM, pws wrote:

> That is what I did, but I still see his postings when other people reply
> to him.
> It cuts the number down, however, as nobody can respond to all of his
> postings. Most people have this thing called a life.

That's a small price to pay for peace and quiet and the enviable "No
Jim Zone". :^)

Honda Civic to easy to break into? john_c Honda 11 April 22nd 07 04:25 AM
2003 Honda Accord Break Rotors hokie_dawg Honda 9 January 24th 07 05:20 PM
Honda Accord Break Problem Jai Honda 10 January 24th 06 01:26 AM
low break pedal, non-working parking break - self-adjusters not working? [email protected] Technology 13 December 24th 05 12:32 PM
166 Break down. Brian Alfa Romeo 1 May 22nd 05 11:58 AM