166 Break down.

Old May 19th 05, 02:52 PM
Brian

Default 166 Break down.

Hi All, I am a new member, and i joined because we have what seems to
be a major problem.

My dad was driving home yesterday, and he heard a loud 'whoosh' type
noise from his engine.
He then felt the power go from the car so pulled over. When he got out
the engine sounded poorley, like a old diesel tractor engine (quite
loud).
So he had it transported on a flat bed truck to a local Alfa garage.
They are telling him this morning that the crankshaft is gone and the
car needs a new engine
Anyone any ideas or thoughts on this.
The car is an 2002 166 2.5L V6, with under 60K on the clock.
He has had it from new, and it was serviced regularly by Alfa dealers.

Old May 22nd 05, 11:58 AM
J.A.

Don't do anything at the car. Call Alfa UK and tell them what happened,
that's a mayor structural problem. They will send an inspector to the
dealer.
Again, that's a structural problem, the crankshaft was defective so it's not
your fault.
The engine will be probably changed under warranty, without any cost for
you.

--

JacoAlfa
Coordinatore per Prato e provincia

"Brian" > ha scritto nel messaggio
ups.com...
> Hi All, I am a new member, and i joined because we have what seems to
> be a major problem.
>
> My dad was driving home yesterday, and he heard a loud 'whoosh' type
> noise from his engine.
> He then felt the power go from the car so pulled over. When he got out
> the engine sounded poorley, like a old diesel tractor engine (quite
> loud).
> So he had it transported on a flat bed truck to a local Alfa garage.
> They are telling him this morning that the crankshaft is gone and the
> car needs a new engine
> Anyone any ideas or thoughts on this.
> The car is an 2002 166 2.5L V6, with under 60K on the clock.
> He has had it from new, and it was serviced regularly by Alfa dealers.

E39 break service Johan Karl Larsen BMW 6 April 19th 05 06:45 PM
95 saturn SL2, stepping on the break pedal, it goes in soft and deep into the floor... John Doe Saturn 6 March 6th 05 04:15 PM
Break Light Circuit message Dara BMW 5 November 29th 04 06:03 PM
'94 Pontriac Grand Prix 3.4L 6 Cyl xmiss and break problems Not Me General 5 January 13th 04 12:52 PM