Things You Shouldn't Buy On Holiday...

Old February 8th 06, 10:47 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default Things You Shouldn't Buy On Holiday...

Heh - I'm going to Italy on holiday, and the people who own the property
have for sale:

1972 Alfa Romeo GT Veloce 2000
Registered with the Italian Historic Automotive Society (ASI)
Italian registration with original Roman plates and original registration.
New clutch, new paint, no rust, runs great!

9000 euros.

http://www.budainumbria.com/car_for_sale.html

Should I cancel the return flights?

--
Halmyre
Old February 8th 06, 10:54 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

> Should I cancel the return flights?
>
> --
> Halmyre

No - that thing wouldn't get you through the Swiss tunnel !!!

Old February 8th 06, 10:57 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Halmyre > wrote:

> Heh - I'm going to Italy on holiday, and the people who own the property
> have for sale:
>
> 1972 Alfa Romeo GT Veloce 2000
> Registered with the Italian Historic Automotive Society (ASI)
> Italian registration with original Roman plates and original registration.
> New clutch, new paint, no rust, runs great!
>
> 9000 euros.
>
> http://www.budainumbria.com/car_for_sale.html
>
> Should I cancel the return flights?

Yes.

If it's as good as it looks in the pics, that's probably worth 9k
*sterling* when you get it home......
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL
Old February 9th 06, 02:50 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Domestos wrote:

> > Should I cancel the return flights?
> >
> > --
> > Halmyre

> No - that thing wouldn't get you through the Swiss tunnel !!!

You have got to be joking. It has one of the best seating postions.
Then there is less to go wrong with the GTV 2000 than any modern Alfa,
and even if it does, it can usualy be fixed at the road side BY
YOURSELF, unlike todays cars. Then the sound of a howling GTV. 2 ltr.
in a tunnel ? Take my advice and buy it, then find the longest tunnel
you can, wind the windows down and wind those rev's up high. Now you
hear a car singing, and thats what makes you smile.

John, UK.

Old February 9th 06, 03:47 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 22:47:40 GMT, Halmyre >,
wrote:

>Heh - I'm going to Italy on holiday, and the people who own the property
>have for sale:
>
>1972 Alfa Romeo GT Veloce 2000
>Registered with the Italian Historic Automotive Society (ASI)
>Italian registration with original Roman plates and original registration.
>New clutch, new paint, no rust, runs great!
>
>9000 euros.
>
>http://www.budainumbria.com/car_for_sale.html
>
>Should I cancel the return flights?

If when you get it home you find that you don't like the colour then
remember me please <BWG>

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso
Old February 10th 06, 11:37 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 22:47:40 GMT, Halmyre > wrote:

>Heh - I'm going to Italy on holiday, and the people who own the property
>have for sale:
>
>1972 Alfa Romeo GT Veloce 2000
>Registered with the Italian Historic Automotive Society (ASI)
>Italian registration with original Roman plates and original registration.
>New clutch, new paint, no rust, runs great!
>
>9000 euros.
>
>http://www.budainumbria.com/car_for_sale.html
>
>Should I cancel the return flights?

If you want one, then it looks good, but personally I'd not be using
one except on special occasions.....

--
Catman MIB#14 SKoGA#6 TEAR#4 BOTAFOF#38 Apostle#21
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l. Really, Sprint 1.7
Old February 15th 06, 05:41 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

John, UK. wrote:
> Domestos wrote:
>
>>>Should I cancel the return flights?
>>>
>>>--
>>>Halmyre

>>No - that thing wouldn't get you through the Swiss tunnel !!!

> You have got to be joking. It has one of the best seating postions.
> Then there is less to go wrong with the GTV 2000 than any modern Alfa,
> and even if it does, it can usualy be fixed at the road side BY
> YOURSELF, unlike todays cars. Then the sound of a howling GTV. 2 ltr.
> in a tunnel ? Take my advice and buy it, then find the longest tunnel
> you can, wind the windows down and wind those rev's up high. Now you
> hear a car singing, and thats what makes you smile.
>
> John, UK.

....but watch out for the speed cameras! They will photo you in the
tunnel and pull you over at the exit for an on the spot fine. I speak
from grim experience of the Frejus (apologies if I've spelt that wron)
and the Mont Blanc tunnel. 90 euros a pop!

On a related issue...WHY go through a tunnel when you have fabulous
twisty alpine passes? And why is the toll something like 28.30 euros?
(I gave the rather angry French bloke at Mont Blanc a 200 euro note and
demanded the change...well they will have monopoly money!)

Buy the car.

Old February 23rd 06, 01:06 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Catman wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 22:47:40 GMT, Halmyre > wrote:
>
> >Heh - I'm going to Italy on holiday, and the people who own the property
> >have for sale:
> >
> >1972 Alfa Romeo GT Veloce 2000
> >Registered with the Italian Historic Automotive Society (ASI)
> >Italian registration with original Roman plates and original registration.
> >New clutch, new paint, no rust, runs great!
> >
> >9000 euros.
> >
> >http://www.budainumbria.com/car_for_sale.html
> >
> >Should I cancel the return flights?

> If you want one, then it looks good, but personally I'd not be using
> one except on special occasions.....

I can see why you say that Catman, but after I restored my old '71
2000GTV I ran it every day to work for about 7 years. Mind you you
have to keep on top of them to keep them tip top.
John,UK.

Old February 23rd 06, 03:02 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

John, UK. wrote:

> Catman wrote:
>> On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 22:47:40 GMT, Halmyre > wrote:
>>
>> >Heh - I'm going to Italy on holiday, and the people who own the property
>> >have for sale:
>> >
>> >1972 Alfa Romeo GT Veloce 2000
>> >Registered with the Italian Historic Automotive Society (ASI)
>> >Italian registration with original Roman plates and original
>> >registration. New clutch, new paint, no rust, runs great!
>> >
>> >9000 euros.
>> >
>> >http://www.budainumbria.com/car_for_sale.html
>> >
>> >Should I cancel the return flights?

>> If you want one, then it looks good, but personally I'd not be using
>> one except on special occasions.....
>>

> I can see why you say that Catman, but after I restored my old '71
> 2000GTV I ran it every day to work for about 7 years. Mind you you
> have to keep on top of them to keep them tip top.
> John,UK.

I hear what you're saying but for me
1) I got a bit tired of my cars fialing the MOT every year for tin worm
2) These things are getting rare. Seems a shame to run it into the ground
IYSWIM

--
Catman MIB#14 SKoGA#6 TEAR#4 BOTAFOF#38 Apostle#21 COSOC#3 OMF#22
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 156 TS S2