new MotorStorm PS3 trailer

Old July 22nd 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
AirRaid[_1_]

Default new MotorStorm PS3 trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm2awEjLtLw

to me it looks decent looking, (physics seem nice) but otherwise not
mindblowing as it should be for a $500/$600 next-gen console with CELL
"supercomputer" CPU,
Reality Synthesizer ~ RSX "the most powerful GPU ever built" and the
fastest consumer memory there is; Rambus XDR.

the actual game does not look as good as the pre-rendered E3 2005
render target, not by a long shot. In realtime, the graphics are not
as complex, the image-quality is not nearly as high, and worst of all,
it runs at half the framerate, 30fps.

the exact MotorStorm visuals shown at E3 2005 will not be possible in
realtime, on a Playstation console, until PS4 in 2011-2012. However,
we will see that level of visuals sooner on non-Playstation platforms;
on the PC in 2008-2009 and on the future Xbox around 2010.

Old July 22nd 06, 03:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
Brenden D. Chase

"AirRaid" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm2awEjLtLw
>

> to me it looks decent looking, (physics seem nice) but otherwise not
> mindblowing as it should be for a $500/$600 next-gen console with CELL
> "supercomputer" CPU,
> Reality Synthesizer ~ RSX "the most powerful GPU ever built" and the
> fastest consumer memory there is; Rambus XDR.

Add some motion blur and a few more particles and i'd say its pretty darn
close to being what the pre-rendered E3 05. However, keep in mind that you
arent seeing much of the detail due to the quality of the video. It
definitely looks better than this past E3's video demo. I'm sure that even
you can admit that.

> the actual game does not look as good as the pre-rendered E3 2005
> render target, not by a long shot. In realtime, the graphics are not
> as complex, the image-quality is not nearly as high, and worst of all,
> it runs at half the framerate, 30fps.

I dont recall the video stating that it was 30fps. I'm not saying its not.
However, how much of that is due to video compression/conversion? Just
asking. Given all the things that the video itself could be blamed for, the
video looks good, and better than what we've already seen. So thanks for
bringing this video to light.

> the exact MotorStorm visuals shown at E3 2005 will not be possible in
> realtime, on a Playstation console, until PS4 in 2011-2012. However,
> we will see that level of visuals sooner on non-Playstation platforms;
> on the PC in 2008-2009 and on the future Xbox around 2010.

If there's a MotorStorm 2 on PS3, I'd say that it'll more likely look
exactly like the E3 05 visuals. That's just how playstation systems work.
Everyone knows that.

Old July 22nd 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
The Berzerker

As in the YouTube comments:

High Resolution:

http://eu.playstation.com/ps3/images/Motorstorm.mov

Old July 22nd 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
Air Raid

Brenden D. Chase wrote:
> "AirRaid" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm2awEjLtLw
> >

> > to me it looks decent looking, (physics seem nice) but otherwise not
> > mindblowing as it should be for a $500/$600 next-gen console with CELL
> > "supercomputer" CPU,
> > Reality Synthesizer ~ RSX "the most powerful GPU ever built" and the
> > fastest consumer memory there is; Rambus XDR.

> Add some motion blur and a few more particles and i'd say its pretty darn
> close to being what the pre-rendered E3 05. However, keep in mind that you
> arent seeing much of the detail due to the quality of the video. It
> definitely looks better than this past E3's video demo. I'm sure that even
> you can admit that.

I can admit that its looking like a decent game but not in any way on
par with what was shown at E3 2005. also, ive read through these
threads

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111167
http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=458436

there is doubt that even this new trailer is legit -- that there is
more post-processing of image quality going on that what would be
feasible on PS3. like 16x anti-aliasing, and a framrate that never
dips. it could be in-game assests sped up to a higher framerate, with
lots of image-enhancements to make it look great, combined with mostly
close-up replay angles. putting the game in the best possible light.

Lets see what the final game looks like when someone is playing it.

> > the actual game does not look as good as the pre-rendered E3 2005
> > render target, not by a long shot. In realtime, the graphics are not
> > as complex, the image-quality is not nearly as high, and worst of all,
> > it runs at half the framerate, 30fps.

> I dont recall the video stating that it was 30fps. I'm not saying its not.
> However, how much of that is due to video compression/conversion? Just
> asking. Given all the things that the video itself could be blamed for, the
> video looks good, and better than what we've already seen. So thanks for
> bringing this video to light.

it's been said that MotorStorm runs at 30fps. the new video did not
state that, and maybe it did not run at 30fps but sped up to 60fps. all
i can tell you is that evern since E3 2006, MotorStorm is said to be
30fps and you can believe that if they're using 4x anti-aliasing.

> > the exact MotorStorm visuals shown at E3 2005 will not be possible in
> > realtime, on a Playstation console, until PS4 in 2011-2012. However,
> > we will see that level of visuals sooner on non-Playstation platforms;
> > on the PC in 2008-2009 and on the future Xbox around 2010.
> >

> If there's a MotorStorm 2 on PS3, I'd say that it'll more likely look
> exactly like the E3 05 visuals. That's just how playstation systems work.
> Everyone knows that.

If there's a MotorStorm 2 on PS3 it'll look very good, but not like
certain parts (the most complex ones with all the particles) of the E3
2005 visuals since those are beyond the max capability of PS3. it's
just that simple.

Old July 22nd 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
Ludwig[_1_]

Blig Merk wrote:
> [...]
> target, so that all that is left is high resolution terrain textures,
> more vegetation, tweaking the light sources, adjusting the motion blur,
> refining the ragdoll physics, refining the particle characteristics and
> physics, and some more work on the character modeling and texturing.
> You have been fixated on this title now for a year now, taking a 50%
> alpha build and passing final judgement on it. That is what premature
> ejaculators do, they splooge way before things are anywhere near
> finished. You are still passing final judgement on what amounts to a
> not fully completed beta build. Even when they show these update
> videos, they usually represent what was done a couple months ago. What
> is wrong with you? No, seriously, what is mentally wrong with you that
> you can't seem to understand this, Cyg-anus aka Air-Head Raid aka 20+
> other aliases?
> One thing you keep missing in your endless rambling about this one
> title is that the actual gameplay has several things going on that the
> render target did not. One thing is the tire ruts. If you look at the
> render target, no displaced terrain. The tire ruts, displaced terrain,
> in the gameplay is actual deformed geometry with the collision
> detection being altered by it. Do you have the slightest inkling how
> difficult and complex to do? No, you don't.
> The vehicles actually accumulate mud and dirt spattering while going
> over the course. This is pretty dramatic when you crash, the vehicle
> re-spawns totally clean and that is kind of a funny shock.
> Here is clue for you, clueless. The developers are going to be
> continuously developing until the title is ready to launch. There will
> be more and more improvements and even if it doesn't make the render
> target 100%, it is going to be very, very close and that is for a
> launch or near-launch title using 20% of the console capability. You
> know what that means and that is why you keep on doing what you do,
> because you are starting to realize what a fool you have made of your
> multiple identities.
>
> Air-Head Raid babbled:
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm2awEjLtLw
> >

> > to me it looks decent looking, (physics seem nice) but otherwise not
> > mindblowing as it should be for a $500/$600 next-gen console with CELL
> > "supercomputer" CPU,
> > Reality Synthesizer ~ RSX "the most powerful GPU ever built" and the
> > fastest consumer memory there is; Rambus XDR.
> >
> > the actual game does not look as good as the pre-rendered E3 2005
> > render target, not by a long shot. In realtime, the graphics are not
> > as complex, the image-quality is not nearly as high, and worst of all,
> > it runs at half the framerate, 30fps.
> >
> > the exact MotorStorm visuals shown at E3 2005 will not be possible in
> > realtime, on a Playstation console, until PS4 in 2011-2012. However,
> > we will see that level of visuals sooner on non-Playstation platforms;
> > on the PC in 2008-2009 and on the future Xbox around 2010.

Thanks Blig. Good luck with the rest of the development.

Old July 23rd 06, 04:21 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
Pez D Spencer

it looks good. no question.

Old July 23rd 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2
Mr. Impressive

AirRaid "unimpressively" said:

> the exact MotorStorm visuals shown at E3 2005 will not be possible in
> realtime, on a Playstation console, until PS4 in 2011-2012.

The same idiotic comments were made about all the PS2 E3 demos, and
guess what? PS2 easily trumped every demo ever shown for it and then
some. God of War alone tops every demo ever shown for the PS2. Matter
of fact, the most impressive demo shown for PS2 was MGS2 footage. Guess
what dumbass, the game ended up looking better.

> However,
> we will see that level of visuals sooner on non-Playstation platforms;
> on the PC in 2008-2009 and on the future Xbox around 2010.

You WILL see that level of visuals on the PS3.

> to me it looks decent looking,

The game looks better than ANYTHING on the Xbox360 so far and
Motorstorm is still in developement by a developer that isn't even that
good of a developer.

Old July 23rd 06, 04:54 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2
Mr. Impressive

Air Raid "unimpressively" said:

> also, ive read through these threads
>
> http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111167
> http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=458436

LOL.

I'm sure teamxbox holds the definitive truth for all things playstation.

You are an idiot.
Old July 23rd 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2
Mr. Impressive

Blig Merk "unimpressively" said:

> [...]
>
> Air-Head Raid babbled:
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm2awEjLtLw
> >

> > to me it looks decent looking, (physics seem nice) but otherwise
> > not mindblowing as it should be for a $500/$600 next-gen console
> > with CELL "supercomputer" CPU,
> > Reality Synthesizer ~ RSX "the most powerful GPU ever built" and
> > the fastest consumer memory there is; Rambus XDR.
> >
> > the actual game does not look as good as the pre-rendered E3 2005
> > render target, not by a long shot. In realtime, the graphics are
> > not as complex, the image-quality is not nearly as high, and worst
> > of all, it runs at half the framerate, 30fps.
> >
> > the exact MotorStorm visuals shown at E3 2005 will not be possible
> > in realtime, on a Playstation console, until PS4 in 2011-2012.
> > However, we will see that level of visuals sooner on
> > non-Playstation platforms; on the PC in 2008-2009 and on the future

Don't forget, the game is 16 player online and 20 offline

Old July 23rd 06, 08:28 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Vectrex

the hires one looks fantastic. And no.. I'm not a ps3 zealot, in fact I
generally hate consoles but I'm glad the game is looking close to the
prerender. It all looks realtime to me and frame advancing it shows
subtle signs of realtime motion blur as opposed to prerenders. Of
course most of it is replay angles but there's a few first person shots
which feel good. It's all about the feel, personally I don't care about
the actual gfx, but the feel is nice and chaotic and 'chunchy'.

ps can't anybody have a sane conversation without acting like 13 year
olds? oh.. perhaps they ARE 13 year olds