'91 Jetta GLi 2 liter will not shift into 5th gear and hiccoughs on acceleration

Old November 20th 19, 08:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
~Von

Default '91 Jetta GLi 2 liter will not shift into 5th gear and hiccoughs on acceleration

Hello,

It has been some time since I have used this forum...

My '91 GLi has been sitting idle in the garage for several years. It now has fresh oil and fresh gas and fires right up. Shifting through gears 1-4 is perfect however I cannot get the lever into 5th gear.

Also, under medium to hard acceleration, there is a lurch that feels like there is a momentary loss of fuel delivery

Any suggestions as to what either of these might be?

THx!
Old November 21st 19, 05:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Sam Stone

~Von wrote:

> cannot get the lever into 5th gear

maybe some clues here for your GLi
https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=110995

maybe that plastic cable holder broke? EnJoy

00 Jetta 2.0l automatic wont shift past 2nd gear after the altanatorovercharged the system [email protected] VW water cooled 0 January 7th 08 02:33 PM
Engine Stalls at idle, next to no acceleration in gear JimF Technology 2 October 9th 06 11:44 PM
Notchy gear shift Kenneth S. Mazda 2 July 17th 05 05:54 PM
93 Sundance will not shift into any gear. Shaun Q Chrysler 9 June 29th 05 05:18 PM
different gear shift rod length? Marco VW air cooled 4 October 23rd 04 08:40 PM