WAY 2 HOT

Old July 6th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
vita via CarKB.com

Default WAY 2 HOT

hey guyz now that my saturn past on inspections thanks to everybody that help
me........................my next problem is 2 months ago my alternator died..
.... so my man took the compressor out..... dont ask why.... ha ha ha......
anyway we went to advance auto to get it check the guy said sir we dont test
compressor....... funny huh... anyway we got that right wwe put new altenator.
... put back the compressor.... the problem is all my FREON was gone.... hate
to spend to much money in the shop 2 charge.. we wanna charge it our self ..
we dont know where. there is 2 tubes one on top and one under it both of them
has black tops....... whwwhere do i charge it and what kind do i need how how
many can .. there is a freon with oil in it alredy someone told me i neeed
oil too . what do i get in what part of tubes do i charge it..... vita

Old July 6th 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
davemac[_1_]

The oil does not normally come out unless some dripped out of the
compressor when you removed it or seeped out from the hoses. You don't
mention your Saturn's year. 1994 and up use R134A refrigerant. If 93
or older, it will be cheaper for you to do a conversion to r134a. To
recharge it, you need to first evacuate all of the air you introduced
into the system by opening it. If you left it open like this for
awhile, then you also introduced moisture and now need to replace the
receiver dryer and the oil possibly. This is not a DIY'er job unless
you have all the required equipment and are knowledgeable. Since you
removed the compressor instead of the alternator for servicing, that
kind of tells me you are not qualified.

dave mc

Old July 6th 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
vita via CarKB.com

davemac wrote:
>The oil does not normally come out unless some dripped out of the
>compressor when you removed it or seeped out from the hoses. You don't
>mention your Saturn's year. 1994 and up use R134A refrigerant. If 93
>or older, it will be cheaper for you to do a conversion to r134a. To
>recharge it, you need to first evacuate all of the air you introduced
>into the system by opening it. If you left it open like this for
>awhile, then you also introduced moisture and now need to replace the
>receiver dryer and the oil possibly. This is not a DIY'er job unless
>you have all the required equipment and are knowledgeable. Since you
>removed the compressor instead of the alternator for servicing, that
>kind of tells me you are not qualified.
>dave mc

oh its a 1996 saturn.....
yes you are right but he found it and replace it ... so what do i do now

Old July 6th 06, 09:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SnoMan

On 6 Jul 2006 11:27:22 -0700, "davemac" > wrote:

>This is not a DIY'er job unless
>you have all the required equipment and are knowledgeable. Since you
>removed the compressor instead of the alternator for servicing, that
>kind of tells me you are not qualified.

To say the least.... Best let someone else do it before you do more
damage or get hurt too. R134a is not user freindly if you do not have
a pretty fair grip on what you are doing.
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com