Pulsation in steering wheel caused by power steering pump or rack?

Old January 11th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Pulsation in steering wheel caused by power steering pump or rack?

Hi,

I've developed a noticeable pulsing in my 1988 Accord steering wheel at
very low speeds, getting a little faster as I speed up, and going away
altogether above say 40 mph. I'll take the PS belt off this weekend and
see whether it goes away.

If it does, anyone know know how to tell if the problem is with the PS
pump or the valving at the rack?

Thanks,

JB

Old January 30th 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Yep, front tire finally went flat, just as I was preparing to switch it
to the rear, and showed several deep cuts at tread inner edge. Wobble
gone.

Replace water pump myself - '97 TJ [email protected] Jeep 7 December 13th 05 02:47 PM
Power Steering Fluid boils over - steering works fine... How??? spareparts Technology 0 June 21st 05 03:29 PM
97 Grand Voyger power steering pump JOEWHO Chrysler 4 April 25th 05 01:26 AM
YJ power steering pump Chuck Jeep 2 April 4th 05 03:23 AM
My power steering pump ceased, and broke a stud... [email protected] Ford Mustang 3 April 2nd 05 03:28 PM