GT5 Comment from the Man Himself

Old May 17th 05, 04:03 AM

Default GT5 Comment from the Man Himself

....explained Yamauchi, "we haven't had cars crash or overturn. We
believed expressing this properly to be more difficult than actually
making [the cars] race."

What planet does this guy live on? When has there been racing in the
GT series? How difficult is it to write code to have 5 cars stick to a
predetermined line on the track and to base their pace on the pace of
the players car. I love it when the AI cars will turn on 1.20 minute
laps on a track and if you pull off on the side of the road, the AI
cars will then proceed to turn 2.50 minute laps. (until they come upon
your parked car, which they will then manage to hit) Yeah, that's
racin'

Old May 17th 05, 06:31 AM

You're right there, the AI in GT4 is really bad.

I'm actually quite surprised just how bad it is given the level of
polish in some other areas of the game and was really hoping for a
decent improvment from the original Gran Turismo.

Most of the time is doesn't even feel like real racing at all, more
like a barging contest to see who gets to the front.

Old May 17th 05, 06:48 AM
jason moyer

Stop flogging a dead horse.

Old May 17th 05, 07:35 AM

jason moyer wrote:

> Stop flogging a dead horse.

Put it back in your pants moyer.

Old May 17th 05, 10:11 AM
artie beamer

> jason moyer wrote:
>

>>Stop flogging a dead horse.

> Put it back in your pants moyer.

let me see it first

No Comment Needed Bill 2 Driving 5 March 6th 05 05:43 PM
Just a comment Jeff Kleier VW air cooled 7 December 23rd 04 01:23 PM
Two Comment Periods Closing on Monday Greg Adams 4x4 0 November 12th 04 06:00 AM
Last Chance on Forest Service OHV Comment Period Greg Adams 4x4 0 September 11th 04 06:49 AM
Comment Period Deadline on OHV Rule Coming Up Greg Adams 4x4 0 September 3rd 04 04:40 AM