Frod's Blue

Old December 6th 04, 06:36 PM
chris

Default Frod's Blue

Ford's blue color they have looks more purple to me. Any thoughts?

Old December 6th 04, 07:07 PM
Garth Almgren

Around 12/6/2004 10:36 AM, chris wrote:

> Ford's blue color they have looks more purple to me. Any thoughts?

Which blue? The 2005's sonic blue or windveil blue?

Or maybe you mean an older fox-body blue, like dark blue metallic,
midnight blue metallic, light cadet blue, medium light cadet blue, dark
cadet blue metallic, pastel regatta blue, light regatta blue, light
regatta blue metallic, medium regatta blue metallic, bright regatta
blue, bright regatta blue metallic, shadow blue metallic, medium shadow
blue metallic, dark shadow blue, dark shadow blue metallic, light
crystal blue, twilight blue, bimini blue, ultra blue, royal blue, reef
blue metallic, or maybe the good old fashioned Ford blue?

Please, try and be more specific!

I'm guessing you mean the sonic blue of the new '05, since that looks
like it is dark enough to be confused with purple in the wrong light.

I like it, mainly because my car is painted almost the same color.
Actually, on a ticket I got a while back, I was miffed because the
officer listed my car's color as purple, when it is, IMO, very clearly
blue. <http://www.v6stang.com/v6stang/pics/sideview_new2.jpg>

--
/ Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch <Former MW #7> \
| My V6stang: http://www.v6stang.com/v6stang |
Old December 6th 04, 07:17 PM
chris

Yeah, I was reading my post and I didn't even know what I was talking
about...

I just bought a blue 2003 mustang convertable a month ago and in the
sunlight it's deffenitly blue, but in the shade, or every other day in
Michigan, it looks a little purple. According to ford the paint name
is true blue.

Old December 6th 04, 07:28 PM
351CJ

LMFAO

ups.com...

Old December 6th 04, 08:21 PM
Dan

I know the exact color car you are talking about. It does look very
purple. Almost to the point I think of being a more a shade of purple
instead of a shade of blue.

I would check it in comparison to a color called "PROM DRESS BLUE"

Old December 6th 04, 08:32 PM
chris

Dan wrote:
> I know the exact color car you are talking about. It does look very
> purple. Almost to the point I think of being a more a shade of

purple
> instead of a shade of blue.
>
> I would check it in comparison to a color called "PROM DRESS BLUE"
>
> chris wrote:
> > Ford's blue color they have looks more purple to me. Any thoughts?

Nice reply, Captain Jealously! What kind of car do you drive Dan? I
forgot, let's see.... OH YEAH, it's a butterscotch colored station
wagon, that's right.

Old December 7th 04, 03:18 AM
trainfan1

Garth Almgren wrote:
> Around 12/6/2004 10:36 AM, chris wrote:
>
>> Ford's blue color they have looks more purple to me. Any thoughts?

> Which blue? The 2005's sonic blue or windveil blue?
>
> Or maybe you mean an older fox-body blue, like dark blue metallic,
> midnight blue metallic, light cadet blue, medium light cadet blue, dark
> cadet blue metallic, pastel regatta blue, light regatta blue, light
> regatta blue metallic, medium regatta blue metallic, bright regatta
> blue, bright regatta blue metallic, shadow blue metallic, medium shadow
> blue metallic, dark shadow blue, dark shadow blue metallic, light
> crystal blue, twilight blue, bimini blue, ultra blue, royal blue, reef
> blue metallic, or maybe the good old fashioned Ford blue?
>
> Please, try and be more specific!

You forgot Grabber Blue.

Rob
Old December 7th 04, 04:35 AM
Garth Almgren

Around 12/6/2004 7:18 PM, trainfan1 wrote:

> Garth Almgren wrote:
>
>> Which blue? The 2005's sonic blue or windveil blue?
>>
>> Or maybe you mean an older fox-body blue, like dark blue metallic,
>> midnight blue metallic, light cadet blue, medium light cadet blue,
>> dark cadet blue metallic, pastel regatta blue, light regatta blue,
>> light regatta blue metallic, medium regatta blue metallic, bright
>> regatta blue, bright regatta blue metallic, shadow blue metallic,
>> medium shadow blue metallic, dark shadow blue, dark shadow blue
>> metallic, light crystal blue, twilight blue, bimini blue, ultra blue,
>> royal blue, reef blue metallic, or maybe the good old fashioned Ford
>> blue?
>>
>> Please, try and be more specific!

> You forgot Grabber Blue.

Yeah, but I was only doing FOX-bodied Mustangs.

Old December 10th 04, 11:19 AM
SVTKate

Well now, that COULD be a compliment.
You've heard the expression for something fast:
'Off like a Prom Dress" ... right?

*wink *

Kate
98 Cobra Drop Top
"Aint an Angel White"

oups.com...

Old December 10th 04, 02:52 PM
Gearhead-FMC

Take off your rose-colored glasses

--
Gearhead-FMC
95" '03 FLHTCUI
oups.com...

Blue Tooth on 235 Jill Swartz BMW 1 December 13th 04 04:19 AM
Blue tint mirrors for NB wjcimbri VW water cooled 1 October 14th 04 02:27 AM
Are japs controlling the Blue Ribbon Coalition? Sportsmen Against Bush 4x4 6 December 20th 03 03:58 AM
1969 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible. Lemans Blue JetSkiBob1 Antique cars 0 November 19th 03 10:33 PM