congratulations to who ever figures this out!

Old March 21st 07, 12:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Carjunky

Default congratulations to who ever figures this out!

O.k. I just installed a motor i rebuilt into my '92 sl2. The block and
rotating assembly is a 95 sohc and i put on my rebuild dohc head and top end.
The '92 car came with 2 coolant temp sensors. 1 for gauge, 1 for pcm. The new
head i got only has 1 water port, I do not know the year of the head. So i
have the cts in the head for the ecu. I have the guage cts in a coolant pipe.
When the motor starts, The dumby light on the dash flashes that it is
overheating! The gauge works so i'm sure its not overheating. And my EGTs are
holding aroung 800 F Breaking in new piston rings. The car runs very rough,
like it is missing. Spark tested, compression tested is good. Trouble code
brought up a code 26, quad driver (WTF)?. 23, MAT sensor, they mean IAT. So i
replaced the cts for the pcm, and the exact same part number for the IAT.
Nothing fixed. Also when it does actualy warm up it starts backfiring enough
to scare me to shut off the engine. My Air fuel ratios are good, and vacuum
is steady and good. I am stumped at where to look next, please help, ask
questions if you need and i will respond quikly. thanks in advance.

Old March 21st 07, 12:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Carjunky

Anotherthing, The pcm is out of a '95 sl1 manual and the crank sensor is as
well. Most of everything else is '92 dohc.

Old March 21st 07, 01:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SnoMan

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:38:13 GMT, "Carjunky" <u21895@uwe> wrote:

>The pcm is out of a '95 sl1 manual and the crank sensor is as
>well. Most of everything else is '92 dohc.

There are issues with using a SOHC PCM with a DOHC engine. I would
hunt down a proper PCM for starters.
-----------------
TheSnoMan.com
Old March 21st 07, 11:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Lane

Is there a reason you put a sohc manual PCM into an SL2? Snowman is right,
definitely sounds like that's it.

Also, the PCM year range needs to match the crank year range. The crank in
a '92 motor (if that's the one you're using) falls into '91 & '92. This
crank was different than 93+ for crank timing. Make sure the PCM matches.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]
---
Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page at http://www.evilplastic.com

That figures Mike T. Driving 2 June 11th 06 09:18 PM
congratulations and hello to aac Angelo de Mussi Corvette 7 March 21st 06 02:09 PM
Congratulations! You've graduated to my blocked list John Carrier BMW 0 May 23rd 05 12:15 AM
auto lease / why different figures [email protected] General 0 April 19th 05 12:35 AM
New Z06 HP figures? David Algie Corvette 8 February 16th 05 02:46 AM