Just how popular is Forza 2?

Old September 9th 08, 11:52 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jeffareid

Default Just how popular is Forza 2?

I was at a Best Buy today, looking for GTR Evolution (they didn't have it),
and the sales guy mentioned he mostly plays Forza 2, an XBOX 360 game,
with apparently a very large number of online players, much more than
Live For Speed. I don't own a console, but I dediced to check out their
forum and there are 120,000+ members which seems like a lot.

I'm not planning to buy a console (don't own any of them), but I was
curious about this, since PC based racing game sales seem to be growing
smaller over the last few years.

Old September 9th 08, 02:06 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bob Loblaw

"jeffareid" > wrote in message
>I was at a Best Buy today, looking for GTR Evolution (they didn't have it),
> and the sales guy mentioned he mostly plays Forza 2, an XBOX 360 game,
> with apparently a very large number of online players, much more than
> Live For Speed. I don't own a console, but I dediced to check out their
> forum and there are 120,000+ members which seems like a lot.
>
> I'm not planning to buy a console (don't own any of them), but I was
> curious about this, since PC based racing game sales seem to be growing
> smaller over the last few years.

It's very popular. The possibility to customize the look of your car is one
the main reasons why a lot of people play that game. There are some very
talented painters despite the limitations of the interface. The game itself
is actually pretty decent for a Gran Turismo clone.

Old September 9th 08, 02:44 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
schooner

It seems to be more about car collecting and painting than actual racing.
It has only 8 cars on track, no racing flags, no full pit stops. It has a
good physics model but the racing side of it is weak feature wise. It gets
borring fast.

Old September 9th 08, 04:43 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

I have Forza 2, and I can't stand it. The racing on the XB360 really stinks
IMHO.

So I think your assessment is pretty accurate.

-Larry

Old September 9th 08, 05:15 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
schooner

I have it as well, never play it, boring. GRID is much better, although
more arcade style but much more fun. NASCAR09 is also decent, best NASCAR
title from EA in a long time, take that for what it is worth. SimBin has
RacePro coming soon for 360 as well so it may be worth a look.

Old September 9th 08, 07:28 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bob Simpson

On Sep 9, 12:15*pm, "schooner" > wrote:
> I have it as well, never play it, boring. *GRID is much better, although
> more arcade style but much more fun. *NASCAR09 is also decent, best NASCAR
> title from EA in a long time, take that for what it is worth. *SimBin has
> RacePro coming soon for 360 as well so it may be worth a look.
>
> "Larry" > wrote in message

> >I have Forza 2, and I can't stand it. *The racing on the XB360 really
> >stinks IMHO.

> > So I think your assessment is pretty accurate.

There is no in-car cockpit view, I believe. Enough said.
Old September 9th 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
schooner

That is correct, there is none, although I prefer hood/roof view but those
views don't even have a mirror either.

Old September 10th 08, 02:22 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Exactly...

Old September 10th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ronald Stoehr

schooner wrote:
> That is correct, there is none, although I prefer hood/roof view but
> those views don't even have a mirror either.

Well, if you HAVE to sit on the hood/roof, at least accept that there
are no mirrors attached to the hood/roof!

Finally a developer added a pinch of realism to those views... SCNR

Old September 13th 08, 05:59 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
John Doe

Ronald Stoehr > wrote:

> schooner wrote:

>> That is correct, there is none, although I prefer hood/roof view but
>> those views don't even have a mirror either.

> Well, if you HAVE to sit on the hood/roof, at least accept that there
> are no mirrors attached to the hood/roof!

If you are talking about training a real racecar driver, then that part
of simulation realism probably would be necessary. But what if your
sitting inside the car looking at a monitor? Some HUDs reflect off of a
car windshield. Extending some boundaries can enhance the experience.

> Finally a developer added a pinch of realism to those views...

So you prefer a developer that forces your idea of realism on others
and goes out of business, instead of a developer that provides easy to
include options you can simply choose not to use.

Forza 2 schooner Simulators 3 September 6th 06 12:30 AM
Which is better overall, Forza or GT4 ? meee Simulators 8 May 9th 05 01:50 AM
Forza Car List Rob Berryhill Simulators 19 May 7th 05 11:37 PM
has anyone tried Forza using a wheel ?? meee Simulators 3 May 7th 05 04:31 AM
Forza [email protected] Simulators 6 May 6th 05 06:21 PM