iRacing... help... must... resist!

Old August 9th 08, 09:30 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson

Default iRacing... help... must... resist!

(Larry) wrote:

> Every soldier goes through Boot Camp

Yes, but they don't have to pay for the 'pleasure'. :->

Andrew McP

Old August 9th 08, 03:33 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
hoover

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 11:04:44 -0400, Larry wrote:
> Uve,
>
> Hang in there bud. Once you get to the Class C Mazda and Silver Crown, the
> tendancy to 'bore out' goes down considerably.
>
> Your progression is exactly like mine was:
>
> Solstice/Legends - Oh, please PLEASE let me out of these things!
> Skippy/Late Model - Fun, but becomes a bit stagnant after a while.
> Mazda/Silver Crown - Now we're talking! You are too busy in these cars to
> get bored
>
> Bear with it. Long before December you'll be singing a different tune

Hey Larry, thanks for your support. I had a chance to try the Mazda in
one of the earlier betas, and it didn't do much for me (but that may
have changed in one of the latest patches). I liked the Skippy better
than the earlier incarnation of the F-Mazda.

Right now I'm suffering from a bit of simracing "disillusionment" or
whatever one would like to call it, so maybe it's not exactly fair to
assess iR at the moment ;-)

All the best,

Uwe
Old August 9th 08, 03:37 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
hoover

On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 11:08:21 GMT, Ken MacKay wrote:

> hoover wrote:
>> My subscription lasts
>> until December, maybe they'll come up with something new that gets me
>> going again.

> I was shocked when you said you signed up for 6 months after all that
> ****ing and moaning in the iracing forums during the beta. ;-) I

Yeah well, I thought "what the heck, this Skippy is fun", and as all
the content was free for the taking for beta testers I went with it,
wondering what else they'd come up with in this timeframe.

All the best, Uwe

Old August 9th 08, 03:41 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
hoover

On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 21:08:05 +0200, Ronald Stoehr wrote:

> That's why I can't wait for 'GTR Evolution' (Addon for Race07), which will
> contain a (hopefully great) commercial version of the Ring (not to show
> disrespect to the creators of the mod version of the green hell, of course).

While I don't enjoy Race 07's physics (preferred GTR2's in fact),
it'll be great to see an rF conversion of an accurate Nordschleife
once the update is released. Then I'll be forced to buy GTR Evolution
in order to "legalize" my use of their content in rF ;-)

All the best, Uwe

Old August 9th 08, 09:36 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
0-0-0-0-0

LOLOLOL

=-=-=-=-=-

ddress_disguised...

Old August 9th 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Wingwong Woo

"Larry" > wrote in
:

> A tip about the grass. Below a certain speed, the off penalties will
> not appear so if you know you have to go off course, get your speed
> down.
>
> I don't remember if it's 30mph or 10 mph, but one of those will negate
> off-penalties.
>
> -Larry

Whats' the point of penalizing for going on the grass? Isn't the loss of
time enough of a penalty? They don't get penalized for touching the grass
in real racing.
Old August 10th 08, 12:23 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ronald Stoehr

hoover wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 21:08:05 +0200, Ronald Stoehr wrote:
>> That's why I can't wait for 'GTR Evolution' (Addon for Race07), which will
>> contain a (hopefully great) commercial version of the Ring (not to show
>> disrespect to the creators of the mod version of the green hell, of course).

> While I don't enjoy Race 07's physics (preferred GTR2's in fact),
> it'll be great to see an rF conversion of an accurate Nordschleife
> once the update is released. Then I'll be forced to buy GTR Evolution
> in order to "legalize" my use of their content in rF ;-)

I just received Race07 in the mail. While the physics are not bad, I
really prefer rF's (maybe just because I'm already used to rF too much).

So yes, I'm hoping for a conversion, too. Hmm, driving those 1995 ChampCars
on the Ring -> Schwiiingggggg!

l8er
ronny
Old August 11th 08, 06:31 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

"Wingwong Woo" > wrote in message
> "Larry" > wrote in
> :
>
>> A tip about the grass. Below a certain speed, the off penalties will
>> not appear so if you know you have to go off course, get your speed
>> down.
>>
>> I don't remember if it's 30mph or 10 mph, but one of those will negate
>> off-penalties.
>>
>> -Larry

> Whats' the point of penalizing for going on the grass? Isn't the loss of
> time enough of a penalty? They don't get penalized for touching the grass
> in real racing.

Yeah, dont like that either. Like to see that modified so that you only
get penanlties for having no wheels on bitumen - a necessity to stop corner
cutting. But even then you get a scenario where you might need to go off
track to avoid an incident unfolding in front of you which is actually good
driving, yet you get a kick in the arse anyway. I do sympathise with the
programmers though - implementing any rules via software can seem an easy
thing at first glance but when you think about all the contingencies that
should ideally be covered it becomes a nightmare.

Old August 11th 08, 07:56 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Except for practice SESSIONS, yes. They don't count in practice SESSIONS.
It still puts them up to remind you how bad a driver you are

-Larry

"Andrew MacPherson" > wrote in message
ddress_disguised...
> (Tony R) wrote:
>
>> Warm up incidents and post race incidents count
>> against your SR

> I see. I think it's safe to work on the assumption that every time I see
> an incident message online, it's hurting! That way I'm never going to be
> surprised.
>
> Andrew McP

iRacing - weather? Byron Forbes Simulators 8 June 20th 08 06:25 AM
iRacing Who? [email protected] Simulators 62 August 10th 07 10:01 PM
iRacing what? _Mitch Simulators 4 August 1st 07 04:27 AM
New A4... must.. resist... Bram Audi 5 December 2nd 04 04:16 AM