Transmission Fluid Change??

Old March 12th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_1_]

Default Transmission Fluid Change??

wrote:
> On Mar 9, 4:58 pm, (Brent P) wrote:
>> In article >, Gerry wrote:
>>> What is the mileage interval for changing
>>> Transmission Fluid

>>> Have a 2003 Mustang, manual shift and was advised
>>> by the dealer today when in for 28000 mile oil
>>> change that it should be changed.

>>> They wanted $160 to flush it and another $60 to

>>> Passed on it

>> Check your owners manual.... You'll find that it's well into the future.

> Gerry,
>
> I would highly recommend you have it changed; however, I wouldn't pay
> the dealer's price. Here's what I do. I pick up about 3 quarts of
> Redline's D4 ATF (it takes auto-trans fluid) and have a quick oil
> change place do the dirty work (suck out the old; refill with the
> new). It'll cost you a quarter of the dealer's price and you'll have
> a better lube.
>
> Note: I have my T-5's fluid changed out about every 25,000.
>
> Patrick
> '93 Cobra

Just make sure they actually USE your oil and don't just put the box
in the corner till you leave, then all your Red Lin / Amsoil / Synergy
goes into the Corolla that the kid in the pit is setting up for street
racing. He should crack the low 16's with that synthetic oil and a blower...

--
And if a cow had wheels,
it would be a milk truck. - Steve Linford
Old March 12th 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_1_]

Jim Warman wrote:
> Run away from that dealer... fast.... Drain and refill a manual trans will
> run about $40 plus oil..... Flush???? I'll bet that they make you bring your
> own vaseline...

All the ads I've seen in the last few years mention flush.