Blown Engine 2.0ts 156

Old March 4th 05, 06:30 PM
Liam McLaughlin

Default Blown Engine 2.0ts 156

Hi guys,

long time no lurk. Have been incredibly busy with work leading to an
increase in mileage, but a decrease in adequate care and attention for
my lovely 156 (Toadyyy on the group website). Lo and behold she's been
running low on oil for far too long and I've shot the engine to sh1t.
Big ends gone or something expensive sounding. Filings in the oil,
sounds like a machine gun when fired up. Not a good day.

Anways, Jezebel (the car) is sat at Bianco's in Reigate (cannot sing
these guys praises enough when I used them on my 145 many moons ago)
and she needs a new engine. What I'm after is a reliable source for a
recon unit. I've had a few guys come back, £900 cheapest, £1200 the
most. I'm not an idiot, and the £900 guys attitude alone was enough
for me to "lose" his details before even hanging up the phone. But how
do I know who to trust? I look upon the trusy newsgroup and plead for
advice!! Anyone with any pointers/recommendations please do let me
know, am based in the South East but anywhere trustworthy will do.

I can also be mailed on , any help will be
hugely appreciated, saving £600 over Alfa's recon prices will make
this a not quite so horribly painful outlay...

thanks

Liam
Old March 4th 05, 07:24 PM
Catman

Liam McLaughlin wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> long time no lurk. Have been incredibly busy with work leading to an
> increase in mileage, but a decrease in adequate care and attention for
> my lovely 156 (Toadyyy on the group website). Lo and behold she's been
> running low on oil for far too long and I've shot the engine to sh1t.
> Big ends gone or something expensive sounding. Filings in the oil,
> sounds like a machine gun when fired up. Not a good day.

Defintely a downer.

Try Jamie

www.alfaworkshop.co.uk

He may have one, or know where to get one.

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 2.0 TS
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk