Cop shoots SUV 9 times after it bumps his car - Cop gets one week suspension

Old September 29th 10, 07:37 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.legal,alt.politics,talk.politics.guns
Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are Murderers

Default Cop shoots SUV 9 times after it bumps his car - Cop gets one week suspension

http://jonathanturley.org/2010/09/23...ek-suspension/

Published 1, September 23, 2010

A Florida Highway Patrol trooper was given only a one-week suspension
without pay after he fired nine rounds at a vehicle that bumped his
cruiser. In the incident caught on this videotape, Trooper Timothy E.
Nichols was responding to a call about a man suspected of stealing two
bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches from a Palm Harbor gas station.
However, an investigation showed that (as indicated on the video) the
driver was innocently backing up his SUV when the bumping of the
cruiser occurred — triggering Nichols’ shower of bullets.

Agency director John T. Czernis ruled that the force was obviously
excessive, but only saw fit to suspend the officer.

(snip)
Old September 29th 10, 08:49 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.legal,alt.politics,talk.politics.guns
The PHANTOM

On Sep 29, 1:37*pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are Murderers"
> wrote:
> http://jonathanturley.org/2010/09/23...res-nine-round...
>
> Published 1, September 23, 2010
>
> A Florida Highway Patrol trooper was given only a one-week suspension
> without pay after he fired nine rounds at a vehicle that bumped his
> cruiser. In the incident caught on this videotape, Trooper Timothy E.
> Nichols was responding to a call about a man suspected of stealing two
> bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches from a Palm Harbor gas station.
> However, an investigation showed that (as indicated on the video) the
> driver was innocently backing up his SUV when the bumping of the
> cruiser occurred — triggering Nichols’ shower of bullets.
>
> Agency director John T. Czernis ruled that the force was obviously
> excessive, but only saw fit to suspend the officer.
>
> (snip)

The COP must be a tree hugging progressive that buys into the Dr.Gore
"Global Warming" hype. He wanted to KILL that EVILLLLL gas guzzling
SUV before it could do anymore damage to the planet !!! Kudos to
him !! He should go to work for Van Jones !!
Old September 30th 10, 08:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.legal,alt.politics,talk.politics.guns
Ad absurdum per aspera[_2_]

> http://jonathanturley.org/2010/09/23...res-nine-round...

> Agency director John T. Czernis ruled that the force was obviously
> excessive

Not to mention ineffectual -- and possibly dangerous to bystanders.
Although the article doesn't say how many times he *hit* the SUV with
that fusillade (or where the rest of the bullets ended up),
obviously the gunfire didn't succeed in stopping it or its driver.

After some time he managed to pull the driver over. But, hey, if
*I'd* been in the SUV, I probably would have kept going too.. and
called 911 on the cell. If somebody's shooting at you, but not
hitting you, you tend to behave in a way that preserves that happy
situation.

Dash-cam video is available at:
http://www.baynews9.com/video?clip=h...Video_0915.flv

--Joe
Old September 30th 10, 10:04 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.legal,alt.politics,talk.politics.guns
lorad

On Sep 30, 3:33*pm, Ad absurdum per aspera > wrote:
> >http://jonathanturley.org/2010/09/23...res-nine-round...
> > Agency director John T. Czernis ruled that the force was obviously
> > excessive

> Not to mention ineffectual -- and possibly dangerous to bystanders.
> Although the article doesn't say how many times he *hit* the SUV with
> that fusillade (or where the rest of the bullets ended up),
> obviously the gunfire didn't succeed in stopping it or its driver.
>
> After some time he managed to pull the driver over. *But, hey, if
> *I'd* been in the SUV, I probably would have kept going too.. and
> called 911 on the cell. *If somebody's shooting at you, but not
> hitting you, you tend to behave in a way that preserves that happy
> situation.
>
> Dash-cam video is available at:http://www.baynews9.com/video?clip=h...s9.com/newsvid...
>
> --Joe

The cop should be charged with attempted murder.
Old October 1st 10, 01:57 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.legal,alt.politics,talk.politics.guns
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are DEADLY PSYCHOPATHS

On Sep 30, 3:04*pm, lorad > wrote:

> The cop should be charged with attempted murder.-

That was my first thought too. But it appears he won't be charged with
anything and just loses his pay for a week!!!
Old October 1st 10, 02:24 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.legal,alt.politics,talk.politics.guns
john.whine

On Sep 29, 12:37*pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are Murderers"
> wrote:
> http://jonathanturley.org/2010/09/23...res-nine-round...
>
> Published 1, September 23, 2010
>
> A Florida Highway Patrol trooper was given only a one-week suspension
> without pay after he fired nine rounds at a vehicle that bumped his
> cruiser. In the incident caught on this videotape, Trooper Timothy E.
> Nichols was responding to a call about a man suspected of stealing two
> bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches from a Palm Harbor gas station.
> However, an investigation showed that (as indicated on the video) the
> driver was innocently backing up his SUV when the bumping of the
> cruiser occurred — triggering Nichols’ shower of bullets.
>
> Agency director John T. Czernis ruled that the force was obviously
> excessive, but only saw fit to suspend the officer.
>
> (snip)

___________________
da officuh was unduh a lotta preshuh.

uh, and did the suv get a new suspension?
Old October 2nd 10, 08:55 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.legal,alt.politics,talk.politics.guns
necromancer[_7_]

S4B spewed:

>On Sep 30, 3:04*pm, lorad > wrote:
>>

>> The cop should be charged with attempted murder.-

>That was my first thought too. But it appears he won't be charged with
>anything and just loses his pay for a week!!!

Too bad you weren't in the SUV at the time. I'd have recommended the
Trooper for a medal if he shot you, seppo.

--
"I always heard that primitave hoo-mans lacked intelligence,
but I never thought they'd be this stupid."
Old October 2nd 10, 11:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.legal,alt.politics,talk.politics.guns
Bill Graham

"necromancer" <Zidane's_Last_Red_Card@worldofnecromancer_no_spam _no_way.org>
wrote in message ...
> S4B spewed:
>
>>On Sep 30, 3:04 pm, lorad > wrote:
>>>

>>> The cop should be charged with attempted murder.-

>>That was my first thought too. But it appears he won't be charged with
>>anything and just loses his pay for a week!!!

> Too bad you weren't in the SUV at the time. I'd have recommended the
> Trooper for a medal if he shot you, seppo.

How about those Portland, Oregon cops? They shot a naked man a few months
ago....."We thought he was armed" they said. The guy was stark naked and not
carrying anything, and they were exonerated by the police review board,
too......