Flatout Demo Available

Old November 6th 04, 02:01 AM
Destroy

> Full version has 'sim mode' without the throttle aid, figure 8, ragdoll
> bowling and demo derby course FWIW.

Correction. Seems the full PC version in Pro mode still has this
traction control aid active. Lame.

This game has loads of potential as a decent simish racer but the
throttle limiter thing keeps it way on the arcade side. Arg.

Old November 6th 04, 02:44 PM
Marc Collins

(*&! off and don't come back here if you make comments like that.

Marc

Old November 6th 04, 08:51 PM
ymenard

>"Jussi Koukku" > wrote
> Hehe... imagine using the driver's view and flying through the
> windshield =)

You had that in some bike sim... back in the days. It was fun. You had to
run back to your bike.

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Old November 6th 04, 10:49 PM
redTed

>> Hehe... imagine using the driver's view and flying through the
>> windshield =)

> You had that in some bike sim... back in the days. It was fun. You had
> to run back to your bike.

Road Rash ?
Fantastic.

Old November 6th 04, 11:00 PM
redTed

>> You had that in some bike sim... back in the days. It was fun. You had
>> to run back to your bike.
>>

> Road Rash ?
> Fantastic.

And before you shout "that wasn't a sim"...what other bike game could you
kick your opponents off their machines ?

Old November 7th 04, 01:10 AM
ymenard

>"redTed" > wrote
> And before you shout "that wasn't a sim"...what other bike game could you
> kick your opponents off their machines ?

Road Rash 2?

Eh.

There was this game also, for the PC and Sega Genesis, based on the Road
Rash engine, where you were rollerskating instead and you could kick/punch
your opponents. It was pretty nice for the time, you needed basically to
attach yourself to the rear bumpers of cars.

Old November 7th 04, 09:20 AM
Slash

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 20:10:56 -0500, "ymenard"
> scribbled:

>Road Rash 2?
>
>Eh.
>
>There was this game also, for the PC and Sega Genesis, based on the Road
>Rash engine, where you were rollerskating instead and you could kick/punch
>your opponents. It was pretty nice for the time, you needed basically to
>attach yourself to the rear bumpers of cars.

Ah yes, Skitchin' for the Sega Genesis! Get it? Skate... hitching?
Skitchin'! Totally rad, man.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Not my auction, just sticking it in here in case someone wants to read
the description and see the box pic.

Some games, I just don't miss.

-Slash
--
"Ebert Victorious"
-The Onion
Old November 8th 04, 07:17 PM
Mika Takala

"Destroy" > kirjoitti
>> Full version has 'sim mode' without the throttle aid, figure 8, ragdoll
>> bowling and demo derby course FWIW.

> Correction. Seems the full PC version in Pro mode still has this traction
> control aid active. Lame.

Yep. It is unlockable, though. But I don't know when one can unlock it.

The driving model that prohibits me from actually driving the car in corners
is so unmotivating that I think one day of the game was enough for me. I'm
happy that I bought it, though. Flatout is a game that one can enjoy in tiny
chunks, and the damage modeling&nitro system sure is fun, untill you
actually do need to try to race the car. And because it is Finnish

--
Mika Takala

Old November 8th 04, 11:25 PM
Destroy

> Yep. It is unlockable, though. But I don't know when one can unlock it.
>
> The driving model that prohibits me from actually driving the car in corners
> is so unmotivating that I think one day of the game was enough for me.

Don't give up yet. True sim mode in FlatOut is already here...almost....
http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=184886