Lawtey, FL cop charged with soliciting bribes from speeders

Old May 28th 10, 09:16 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_7_]

Default Lawtey, FL cop charged with soliciting bribes from speeders

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/362ywrh

In short, the drivers could pay him US$190.00 and they go on their way
- no conviction, points etc....

BTW, Lawtey is the second most nortorius speed trap in FL (and
possiblly the US) behind Waldo.

More proof positive: speed enforcement is all about the Benjamins (two
of 'em per, "violation," in this case).

God Bless America (sic).

"In reverse order, our last eight presidents*:
A hillbilly with a permanent hard-on, an upper-class
bureaucrat-twit, an actor-imbecile, a born-again
Christian peanut farmer, an unelected college football
lineman, a paranoid moral dwarf, a vulgar cowboy
criminal, and mediocre playboy sex fiend."
--George Carlin
*Prior to the GWB, of course.
Old May 28th 10, 09:37 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
N8N

On May 28, 4:16*pm, necromancer
<Zidane's_Last_Red_Card@worldofnecromancer_no_spam _no_way.org> wrote:
> Ref:http://tinyurl.com/362ywrh
>
> In short, the drivers could pay him US$190.00 and they go on their way
> - no conviction, points etc....
>
> BTW, Lawtey is the second most nortorius speed trap in FL (and
> possiblly the US) behind Waldo.
>
> More proof positive: speed enforcement is all about the Benjamins (two
> of 'em per, "violation," in this case).

In most places, it'd be money well spent. Not too bright, turning him
in.

nate
Old May 28th 10, 10:55 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_7_]

On Fri, 28 May 2010 13:37:31 -0700 (PDT), N8N >
wrote:

>On May 28, 4:16*pm, necromancer
><Zidane's_Last_Red_Card@worldofnecromancer_no_spa m_no_way.org> wrote:
>> Ref:http://tinyurl.com/362ywrh
>>
>> In short, the drivers could pay him US$190.00 and they go on their way
>> - no conviction, points etc....
>>
>> BTW, Lawtey is the second most nortorius speed trap in FL (and
>> possiblly the US) behind Waldo.
>>
>> More proof positive: speed enforcement is all about the Benjamins (two
>> of 'em per, "violation," in this case).

>In most places, it'd be money well spent. Not too bright, turning him
>in.

True, unless he was shaking down people who weren't speeding to begin
with.

--
"Well, if crime fighters fight crime and
fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom
Old May 28th 10, 11:21 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 05/28/2010 05:55 PM, necromancer wrote:
> On Fri, 28 May 2010 13:37:31 -0700 (PDT), >
> wrote:
>
>> On May 28, 4:16 pm, necromancer
>> <Zidane's_Last_Red_Card@worldofnecromancer_no_spam _no_way.org> wrote:
>>> Ref:http://tinyurl.com/362ywrh
>>>
>>> In short, the drivers could pay him US$190.00 and they go on their way
>>> - no conviction, points etc....
>>>
>>> BTW, Lawtey is the second most nortorius speed trap in FL (and
>>> possiblly the US) behind Waldo.
>>>
>>> More proof positive: speed enforcement is all about the Benjamins (two
>>> of 'em per, "violation," in this case).

>> In most places, it'd be money well spent. Not too bright, turning him
>> in.

> True, unless he was shaking down people who weren't speeding to begin
> with.

I could see that, but I've driven near Jacksonville before (granted, a
long time ago, have things changed?) once you get out toward the sticks,
it's hard to find someone *not* speeding, so once you've learned that
you're either going to get a ticket or you have to pay $200... I'd just
as soon my insurance company and employer not know about it.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old May 29th 10, 04:23 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

On 2010-05-28, Nate Nagel > wrote:
> On 05/28/2010 05:55 PM, necromancer wrote:
>> On Fri, 28 May 2010 13:37:31 -0700 (PDT), >
>> wrote:

>>> In most places, it'd be money well spent. Not too bright, turning him
>>> in.

>> True, unless he was shaking down people who weren't speeding to begin
>> with.

> I could see that, but I've driven near Jacksonville before (granted, a
> long time ago, have things changed?) once you get out toward the sticks,
> it's hard to find someone *not* speeding, so once you've learned that
> you're either going to get a ticket or you have to pay $200... I'd just
> as soon my insurance company and employer not know about it.

A shakedown is a shakedown but the first (or at least an important) rule
of the mafia is not to run any sort of operation without a cut going up
the chain of command.

I wouldn't like a self-employed cop like that because it would be only a
matter of time until he would be shaking me down everytime he saw me
regardless of actual driving. Pay them once they are going to come back
for more.

Old May 29th 10, 11:45 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_7_]

On Fri, 28 May 2010 18:21:59 -0400, Nate Nagel >
wrote:

>I could see that, but I've driven near Jacksonville before (granted, a
>long time ago, have things changed?) once you get out toward the sticks,
>it's hard to find someone *not* speeding,

Now-a-days, you do have to go farther from the city center to get to
the sticks, but otherwise, J-ville is still the same town, though it
doesn't smell as bad since some of the papermills have gone away.

But, unless there is gridlock from an accident or such, finding anyone
obeying the SL is rare. and they also have a habit of waiting a second
or two after a light turns green to enter the intersection.

>so once you've learned that
>you're either going to get a ticket or you have to pay $200... I'd just
>as soon my insurance company and employer not know about it.

Loco Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend admits
to being a deadly speeder:

"There's a 55mph freeway near where i live and
if i do 50, everybody passes me. But if i do
60 very few do."
--Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend/laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE/
Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are Murderers (SADDAM) 12/17/2004
ref: http://tinyurl.com/np3y6
Message ID: . com>

Old June 1st 10, 07:00 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Studemania

On May 29, 3:45*pm, necromancer
<Zidane's_Last_Red_Card@worldofnecromancer_no_spam _no_way.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 28 May 2010 18:21:59 -0400, Nate Nagel >
> wrote:
>
> >I could see that, but I've driven near Jacksonville before (granted, a
> >long time ago, have things changed?) once you get out toward the sticks,
> >it's hard to find someone *not* speeding,

> Now-a-days, you do have to go farther from the city center to get to
> the sticks, but otherwise, J-ville is still the same town, though it
> doesn't smell as bad since some of the papermills have gone away.
>
> But, unless there is gridlock from an accident or such, finding anyone
> obeying the SL is rare. and they also have a habit of waiting a second
> or two after a light turns green to enter the intersection.
>
> >so once you've learned that
> >you're either going to get a ticket or you have to pay $200... *I'd just
> >as soon my insurance company and employer not know about it.

> Loco Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend admits
> to being a deadly speeder:
>
> "There's a 55mph freeway near where i live and
> *if i do 50, everybody passes me. But if i do
> *60 very few do."
> * * * *--Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend/laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE/
> Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are Murderers (SADDAM) 12/17/2004
> ref:http://tinyurl.com/np3y6
> Message ID: . com>

There is a delightful little device called a Note Taker avaiable for
about $59, usually less.
It is small - about the size of a sample cigarette pack. OIf you see a
patrol car nearing tyou, turn it on and put it in your shirt
paocket,
The convversation, wwhen later played, might prove useful.

Note: turn it on ASAP so you have a bit of dead time before he/she
stops you, there is a slight chance that might help.
BTW, it's great to have with you all the time - you'll mnever know
when it cam come in handt, maybe even for taking notes!
Old June 2nd 10, 05:22 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

On May 28, 4:16*pm, necromancer
<Zidane's_Last_Red_Card@worldofnecromancer_no_spam _no_way.org> wrote:
> Ref:http://tinyurl.com/362ywrh
>
> In short, the drivers could pay him US$190.00 and they go on their way
> - no conviction, points etc....
>
> More proof positive: speed enforcement is all about the Benjamins (two
> of 'em per, "violation," in this case).

If you have "proof", you don't need "more"...

Obviously you have no such proof, and know it.

Nothing is so satisfying to the lazy mind as news that reinforces a
negative stereotype. -Paul Theroux
-----

- gpsman