OT The pen is mightier than the sword?

Old May 17th 05, 09:53 PM
Shag

Default OT The pen is mightier than the sword?

A local heating/air-conditioning company *blantantly* tried to RIP ME
OFF to the tune of $208, but by filing a formal complaint with the
Better Business Burea and being assigned a case number and then
emailing the president of the business that was trying to rip me off
and referencing that case number and threatening (politely) to involve
the Attorney General Fraud office... I got an email back from the
president dude already saying he would refund 100% of my money. Once
the check clears I'll figure out what to do next. It was AMAZING to
me how these guys tried to operate. I *read* the contract I had out
LOUD to the ****brick who was standing in front of me where it PLAINLY
said labor was covered by the contract and he just grinned, proudly
displaying both of his teeth, and said "No, you just get a 15%
discount. Says so right there in the 'parts' section where it lists
parts that you get a 15% discount on." Think again, Batman. I'm
seriously considering contacting the IRS *after* I get my $ back from
these bozos to let them know how they are creatively billing labor as
parts. Don't you hate it when someone tries to just ROB you because
they think they can get away with it? Damn, that burns me up!!!!
/rant off

Old May 18th 05, 01:32 AM
Bill Berckman

I need to try that with the folks at Meineke. Corporate called back
this morning and said they they called the shop in question, and they
said that it was all my fault for using the emergency/brake in my
driveway.

Old May 18th 05, 01:45 AM
Shag

On 17 May 2005 17:32:38 -0700, "Bill Berckman"
> wrote:

>I need to try that with the folks at Meineke. Corporate called back
>this morning and said they they called the shop in question, and they
>said that it was all my fault for using the emergency/brake in my
>driveway.

http://www.bbb.org/
And more local to me:
http://www.ncdoj.com/consumerprotect...complaints.jsp
Fight da power!!! Power to the people!!! Fight da man!!!
They only take advantage of people because (most) people let them.
Don't be a most people.

Old May 19th 05, 10:07 PM
Shag

Followup: Got refund check in the mail today and cashed it. Bought
"Napoleon Dynamite" on DVD to celebrate. :-)

Old May 19th 05, 10:11 PM
Shag

On Thu, 19 May 2005 21:07:45 GMT, Shag >
wrote:

>Followup: Got refund check in the mail today and cashed it. Bought
>"Napoleon Dynamite" on DVD to celebrate. :-)

Oh, yeah... And called my friend I went to school with who owns his
own AC business and he came out yesterday and found a very minor leak
in my evaporator coil (whatever that is), recommended only recharging
it for now, and did. Only charged me for the refill, not for
"diagnostics." AC working great. (for now, and should hold for the
duration of the "air-condiditioning season")

Old May 19th 05, 11:16 PM
johnboy

On 17 May 2005 17:32:38 -0700, "Bill Berckman"
> wrote:
> I need to try that with the folks at Meineke. Corporate called back
> this morning and said they they called the shop in question, and they
>said that it was all my fault for using the emergency/brake in my
>driveway.

Okay, action time. First, find the place in the manual for your car where
they tell you to set the parking brake, and also get that Meineke statement
in writing and then you will have one terrific case to take to small-claims
court. I can't imagine a count not crushing Meineke like a bug in
vise-grips.

Sucky situation. If you need help make up the day's loss of pay to go to
small-claims court, count me in. That's (user and domain
spelled backwards to thwart spammers.)

Old May 20th 05, 03:44 AM
Joey Tribiani

"johnboy" > wrote in message >
> Okay, action time. First, find the place in the manual for your car where
> they tell you to set the parking brake, and also get that Meineke

statement
> in writing and then you will have one terrific case to take to

small-claims
> court. I can't imagine a count not crushing Meineke like a bug in
> vise-grips.
>
> Sucky situation. If you need help make up the day's loss of pay to go to
> small-claims court, count me in. That's (user and domain
> spelled backwards to thwart spammers.)

but, but, but john wasn't it you that claimed ford didn't suggest setting
the "parking" brake when parking?(my ford manual does, remember i posted
it?)

Old May 20th 05, 03:56 AM
johnboy

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message

> but, but, but john wasn't it you that claimed ford didn't suggest setting
> the "parking" brake when parking?(my ford manual does, remember i posted
> it?)

No, that was my evil twin.

I'm not saying it's the best thing to do, and I do believe a cable can
stretch. What I am saying is that if Meineke made the justification Bill
mentions, then they are big boys and should know better, be less petty, and
be made accountable. Squash them like a bug in vise-grips!

Old May 20th 05, 03:57 AM
johnboy

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message

> but, but, but john wasn't it you that claimed ford didn't suggest setting
> the "parking" brake when parking?(my ford manual does, remember i posted
> it?)

Oh, BTW, I found my wife's 99 Taurus wagon manual and you were right. It
does state that one should use the parking brake. I still don't use it.

Old May 20th 05, 04:08 AM
Joey Tribiani

"johnboy" > wrote in message news

> No, that was my evil twin.
>
> I'm not saying it's the best thing to do, and I do believe a cable can
> stretch. What I am saying is that if Meineke made the justification Bill
> mentions, then they are big boys and should know better, be less petty,

and
> be made accountable. Squash them like a bug in vise-grips!

I agree...Bill should educate them....