R.I.P. Chrysler

Old November 5th 08, 09:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Rich

Default R.I.P. Chrysler

Frigging yuppie queers and their mutual peer-(queer) pressure to drive
only JAP and Eurotrash have KILLED Chrylser and will soon kill Ford.
How does it feel, sending every DIME you spend to foreign countries??

http://www.newsweek.com/id/166659/page/1

Old November 6th 08, 07:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
.boB[_2_]

--
I'v been seriously considering trading my beloved
Dakota in for a diesel. The Dodge looks very

As you can tell, I only drive American products.
That won't change. But Dodge? I just don't
know.
--------
..boB
2006 FXDI hot rod
2008 Mustang Coupe
2001 Dodge Dakota QC 5.9/4x4/3.92
1965 FFR Cobra - 427W EFI, Damn Fast.

Old November 6th 08, 07:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
AshtarSheran

get use to it, Obama is raising corperate tax, so companies are moving on
out to cheaper countries.
What a stinking dumbass.

Old November 6th 08, 07:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brad and Karen

"AshtarSheran" > wrote in message

> get use to it, Obama is raising corperate tax, so companies are moving on
> out to cheaper countries.
> What a stinking dumbass.
>
> "Rich" > wrote in message
>> Frigging yuppie queers and their mutual peer-(queer) pressure to drive
>> only JAP and Eurotrash have KILLED Chrylser and will soon kill Ford.
>> How does it feel, sending every DIME you spend to foreign countries??
>>
>> http://www.newsweek.com/id/166659/page/1

Guys, it's a global economy. My 2006 Lincoln has a tranny made by a company
owned by Toyota. Remember the Dodge Stealth? The only thing American on that
car was the name, considering it was made in Japan. Chevy's old Camaro was
made in Canada - I think the new one is too. And the Japanese make lots of
their cars in the US. The Big 3 have done enough to kill themselves. And
it's a shame as they are making great vehicles today.

Old November 6th 08, 11:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On Nov 6, 7:16 am, ".boB" > wrote:
> Rich wrote:
> > Frigging yuppie queers and their mutual
> > peer-(queer) pressure to drive
> > only JAP and Eurotrash have KILLED Chrylser and
> > will soon kill Ford.
> > How does it feel, sending every DIME you spend
> > to foreign countries??

> >http://www.newsweek.com/id/166659/page/1

> --
> I'v been seriously considering trading my beloved
> Dakota in for a diesel. The Dodge looks very
> good. But the company has such a dismal future,
> I'm reluctant to buy one. I don't think I want an
> orphan. What about warrenty work? What about
> the dealer only parts? Recalls? TSB's?
>
> As you can tell, I only drive American products.
> That won't change. But Dodge? I just don't
> know.
> --------
> .boB
> 2006 FXDI hot rod
> 2008 Mustang Coupe
> 2001 Dodge Dakota QC 5.9/4x4/3.92
> 1965 FFR Cobra - 427W EFI, Damn Fast.

How about a nice F-350:

http://www.johnnystacks.com/joomla/i...cles&Itemid=63

Old November 6th 08, 02:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Tired

> get use to it, Obama is raising corperate tax, so companies are moving on
> out to cheaper countries.
> What a stinking dumbass.

Fortune teller now???? DUMBASS to you too! I didn't think he ran the country
until he was swarn in?

Old November 6th 08, 05:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
.boB[_2_]

John S. wrote:
> On Nov 6, 7:16 am, ".boB"
> > wrote:
>> Rich wrote:
>>> Frigging yuppie queers and their mutual
>>> peer-(queer) pressure to drive
>>> only JAP and Eurotrash have KILLED Chrylser
>>> and
>>> will soon kill Ford.
>>> How does it feel, sending every DIME you spend
>>> to foreign countries??

>>> http://www.newsweek.com/id/166659/page/1

>> --
>> I'v been seriously considering trading my
>> beloved
>> Dakota in for a diesel. The Dodge looks very
>> good. But the company has such a dismal
>> future,
>> I'm reluctant to buy one. I don't think I want
>> an
>> orphan. What about warrenty work? What about
>> the dealer only parts? Recalls? TSB's?
>>
>> As you can tell, I only drive American
>> products.
>> That won't change. But Dodge? I just don't
>> know.
>> --------
>> .boB
>> 2006 FXDI hot rod
>> 2008 Mustang Coupe
>> 2001 Dodge Dakota QC 5.9/4x4/3.92
>> 1965 FFR Cobra - 427W EFI, Damn Fast.

> How about a nice F-350:
>
> http://www.johnnystacks.com/joomla/i...cles&Itemid=63

Pretty Sweet!

I really like those side boxes. Dodge did
something similar on the '09 1500's - but not done
nearly as well.

I'v taken a carefull look at Ford. The Cat diesel
is frought with problems. All relativly minor,
like a crank position sensor. But they fail all
of a sudden and leave the truck stranded. Not a
good thing. They also seem to have problems with
the transmission case cracking. Heard that from
many owners.

--------

Old November 6th 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
C. E. White[_1_]

".boB" > wrote in message
. com...
> I'v taken a carefull look at Ford. The Cat diesel is frought with
> problems. All relativly minor, like a crank position sensor. But
> they fail all of a sudden and leave the truck stranded. Not a good
> thing. They also seem to have problems with the transmission case
> cracking. Heard that from many owners.

You must not have looked too carefully. It is not a "Cat" diesel. All
the PowerStroke diesel engines so far have been purchased from
Navistar International (aka - International). The engine with the
sensor problem was two generations ago (late 7.3L). The generation
prior to the latest (the 6.0L) was considered problematic at first.
They finally got the problems corrected, but then they did a major
redesign (6.4L). I haven't heard of any problems with the latest
redesign. Never heard of a problem with transmission cases. Which year
model? Ford started using a completely different extra heavy duty
transmission several years ago behind the diesel (2004 models?). I
know of at least 6 farmers with the Powerstroke Engines - not one has
had a failure. One of them uses his in truck pulls. The transmission
has held up fine. His biggest complaint was that the prior generation
engine (the 6.0L version) couldn't be "turned up" to produce more
power. Apparently the 7.3L engine could easily be chipped to produce a
lot more power - and probably this is the reason some people have
transmission problems.

Ed

Old November 7th 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_3_]

"Tired" > wrote in message

>> get use to it, Obama is raising corperate tax, so companies are moving on
>> out to cheaper countries.
>> What a stinking dumbass.

> Fortune teller now???? DUMBASS to you too! I didn't think he ran the
> country until he was swarn in?

Hey - there's this neat little pamphlet called the Constitution. There's
something in there about taxes, but it has nothing to do with the president.

dwight

Old November 7th 08, 11:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Bob Willard

AshtarSheran wrote:

> get use to it, Obama is raising corperate tax, so companies are moving on
> out to cheaper countries.
> What a stinking dumbass.
>
> "Rich" > wrote in message
>
>>Frigging yuppie queers and their mutual peer-(queer) pressure to drive
>>only JAP and Eurotrash have KILLED Chrylser and will soon kill Ford.
>>How does it feel, sending every DIME you spend to foreign countries??
>>
>>http://www.newsweek.com/id/166659/page/1

Uh, the 35% corporate tax rate is almost a joke. Large corporations pay
far less than that, due to loopholes and other legislated favors; many
pay nearly zero and a few even pay less than zero. See, for example:
http://www.reclaimdemocracy.org/corp...es_plummet.php

And, don't forget those patriotic corporations that hire Americans from
offshore shell corporations to avoid paying social security and medicare.
See, for example: http://thinkprogress.org/2008/03/06/kbr-taxes-cheney/
--
Cheers, Bob