will VW rims fit 2006 honda civic?

Old November 19th 06, 03:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Al[_4_]

Default will VW rims fit 2006 honda civic?

The specs for wheels on my 2006 honda civic a Front and rear steel
wheels with 6 inch rim diameter and 6 inch rim width. They are 5 bolt,
with tire size 195-65-15.

I am interested in purchasing used winter tires and rims and would
appreciate advice on whether the following wheels will fit my honda:
Genuine VW 15 inch 5 X 100 steel rims that fit the MKIV series Golf and
Jettas (1999-2005). The tire size is same - 195-65-15.

Thanks!

Old November 19th 06, 03:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
High Tech Misfit

Al wrote:

> The specs for wheels on my 2006 honda civic a Front and rear steel
> wheels with 6 inch rim diameter and 6 inch rim width. They are 5 bolt,
> with tire size 195-65-15.
>
> I am interested in purchasing used winter tires and rims and would
> appreciate advice on whether the following wheels will fit my honda:
> Genuine VW 15 inch 5 X 100 steel rims that fit the MKIV series Golf and
> Jettas (1999-2005). The tire size is same - 195-65-15.
>
> Thanks!

I just checked 2 tire websites, and both said the '06 Civic has a 5x114.3
bolt pattern. So those Jetta rims will not do.

I was in the same boat when I purchased my '04 Civic last month. The winter
tires I used on my '93 Accord will fit on my Civic, but I had to change the
rims because the Accord had a 5x114.3 patter while the Civic has a 5x100.
Old November 19th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Al[_4_]

Old November 19th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Al[_4_]

Looks like I will be buying new rims. Thanks for your help!

Old November 19th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
kwatq

If you live close enough to Ottawa, Ont. you might be interested in the
steel wheels from my 2002 Honda CR-V. They have good Michelin HydroEdges
installed, I'd love to be rid of them.
The CR-V was totalled while on snow tires.

Old November 20th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Allnews

Would your tires/rims fit a 05 accord?
(205/65/15)
news