new JEEP owner

Old September 8th 07, 07:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Scott in Baltimore

Default new JEEP owner

> It's not a body lift from what my cousin said. The plastic fender thingys
> have chalked a bit. I repainted them with a dark green plastic for now. they
> look really cheesy. I want to get some touch up paint to paint them to match
> the rest of the JEEP.
> Here's a picture of it.
> http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1217/newjeep1co9.jpg
> http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ewjeep1co9.jpg

If that's a '97, you have Emerald Green Pearl Coat, just like mine.

It's a hard color to photograph. It's a bluish green. Some digital
cameras make it blue and others make it green even if you play with
the color temperature. Blue and green are close in wavelength.
Old September 8th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Scott in Baltimore

Scott in Baltimore wrote:
>> It's not a body lift from what my cousin said. The plastic fender
>> thingys have chalked a bit. I repainted them with a dark green plastic
>> for now. they look really cheesy. I want to get some touch up paint to
>> paint them to match the rest of the JEEP.
>> Here's a picture of it.
>> http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1217/newjeep1co9.jpg
>> http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ewjeep1co9.jpg

> If that's a '97, you have Emerald Green Pearl Coat, just like mine.

Actually, after digging out my "The Jeep Book" from 1997 the following colors are listed:

* Lapis Blue
* Flame Red
* Black
* Stone White
* Citron Pearl
* Bright Jade Satin Glow
* Moss Green Pearl Coat
* Magenta
* Dark Blue Pearl Coat
* Emerald Green Pearl Coat

Your picture looks more like moss green.

I've got a lot of the TJ dealer stuff for Jeeps and accessories
for the first few years. The last is an accessory book for 2005.
Is there a site I could scan these and upload them for all?
Old September 9th 07, 12:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III[_3293_]

Did you hear they just released a new Barbie doll called "Divorced
Barbie" for $350?
Yeah, it comes with half of Ken's things and alimony.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 9th 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Dead Kid

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 16:30:06 -0700, L.W. (Bill) Hughes III wrote:

> Did you hear they just released a new Barbie doll called "Divorced
> Barbie" for $350?
> Yeah, it comes with half of Ken's things and alimony.

So that's how you got all of Faggoty-Ken's fashion designs....clever.

And Barbie was the only woman you ever felt comfortable with.

Gosh, this is so heart-warming!

Old September 9th 07, 01:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobile.pictures
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III[_3303_]

This from the biggest spammer of them all! The jealous, really weak
jealous, I can't believe how jealous this little draft dodging coward
schizophrenic psychopath liar hiding in Vancouver via
S0106000ea6ba70e7.vn.shawcable.net 24.86.24.251 who's
only way to get attention is to make a fool of its self using foul language,
like it did back in elementary school yard. But, too afraid to use it's name
and address, and take on responsibility like a grown up. With an obsession
with perverts and goats, where it writes via remailers, @news.alt.net, and
cross posts to other perverts to no one's surprise. With extreme jealous
ranting over my documents, possessions, successes, manliness and fine,
Southern California surfing body, beard, and loving Christian family.
Committing forgery over many of my posts, proving I'm a responsible American
man. You remind me of a little rat dog, like a Mexican Chiwawa with its
senseless barking, me too, me too. You're even more senile than I first
thought. And the poor thing, you're too girlie to take responsibility for
yourself again, by signing your statement like a man.
That really thinks the group's members are so stupid not to know it's
the same coward, posting over and over again using a schizophrenic
psychopath forged up names?
You're not worth any more time when a cut and paste this same
paragraphs it fits so well!
But, now worth a forwarding to:
,
, , , ,
for forgery.
Who said it also likes baby monkeys sucking their penis, like his buddy
posted on an auto picture group at:

I thought this traitor's attacks were just over personal disagreements,
but in reality these attacks stemming from my love of God and America on
Independents Week, I realized you are actually attacking my country, and
that's what you've been doing all along is declaring your hatred for the
United States of America, with each declaration of my signature, but just
too cowardly and stupid to be a terrorist. It's America, love it, or leave
it, so keep the f*ck out!
Or let me know when you cross my American border, so I may arrest you!
YOU ARE A TRAITOR and lost all rights to my American border, and
someday I'll have you in jail where you belong! Any time, I'll fly and meant
with other patriots guarding our borders against vermin like you.
Forwarded to: alt.binaries.pictures.autos,
alt.binaries.automobile.pictures groups so they may to see what an a**hole
you, aka SW really is!!!!!
Why don't you call the San Diego Sheriffs Department at 858-974-2020
YOU NEED HELP!
The moral majority say you are not only faggots, but cowards
You wouldn't know about business as you have never succeeded and
anything.
Tell me when you are about to cross my American border and I'll fly up
and arrange at meeting with the U.S. Border patrol and Minutemen for your
arrest, after you give me your name, address, date, and meeting place.
I would appreciate the name and address of these trolls, Square Wheel:
S0106000ea6ba70e7.vn.shawcable.net 24.86.24.251
and
24bit:
12.205.158.32 AT&T WorldNet Services ATT Mediacom Communications Corp. I
will keep your name in confidence, kindly email
or

Sincerely,
Llewellyn W. (Bill) Hughes III

And you think the news members won't catch on and be able to see your
user names, as fake as you.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 10th 07, 02:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Zelix

"Peter Stolz" > wrote in message
> Tracie wrote:

>>> Hahaha!

>> Welcome to the madhouse! (just kidding fellas) You will LOVE your
>> jeep once you get going with it. Everyone here is very nice and
>> extremely helpful. I have learned ALOT here in the past 6-8 months
>> that I have been writing in with my own questions. You will come
>> across the occasional idiot, but just try to ignore him (her/it?).
>> For the most part, everyone here is great.
>>
>> Your rig looks really nice. As for the fender flares....I didn't
>> catch whether or not you wanted to paint to match or go back to black,
>> but try E-Bay. There is a TON of great used/new stuff on there to
>> outfit your ride with. Prices are usually reasonable too if you can
>> get it. Just type in 'jeep wrangler' followed by whatever it is
>> you're looking for.
>>
>> Just a suggestion (if I may)......it appears that your tires are stock
>> tires. If they are, a set of All-Terrains or Mud-Terrains would look
>> AWESOME on it! I personally prefer BFG Mud-Terrains, but there are a
>> lot of other great tires out there. Here are some pics of my rig....
>>
>> www.flickr.com/firebutie/photos/
>>

> Great suggestion on the BFG MT's or AT's. I'm running the MT's on my '84
> CJ and the AT's on my wife's '94 Land Rover Defender 90. Both are great
> tires (I don't work for BFG, honest). Zelix, you mentioned you're
> thinking of a lift. If you want more info on sizing, go to:
>
> http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticl...rts/index.html
>
> It shows sizing for all Jeep models and lifts from stock height to like
> six inches. There are also some other tires that they reviewed too.
>
> Don't listen to those other guys about emptying your pockets on this rig.
> As far as I know, I've only spent about $5500 on my Jeep...that's when I
> quit counting...
>
> Welcome!
>
> Pete

Hi Pete thanks for the reply and link. I just order JP Magazine last week.
My JEEP has a small lift already I think. It seems more lifted than my
buddies sarahara of the same year.

I have some serious projects I wanna do to the jeepy. I dont really want
huge tires though. I wanna get some fog lights and a class 3 hitch to begin
with.

New Jeep Owner [email protected] Jeep 6 August 8th 07 07:37 PM
New Jeep Cherokee Owner, Advice Please. Jay Jeep 10 August 25th 06 04:36 AM
new Jeep owner with questions [email protected] Jeep 5 February 10th 06 05:35 PM
New Jeep Owner Lovs2fly Jeep 4 November 30th 05 12:17 AM
New Jeep owner Firebird Jeep 10 February 9th 05 03:17 PM