Early C3: Hard to Find 2182 Radio Bulb?

Old August 20th 04, 10:30 PM
pgtr

Default Early C3: Hard to Find 2182 Radio Bulb?

Anybody have a GM part# or suggestion on where I can find this bulb? I
checked a former Delco radio repair shop that still has parts and they
didnt' find anything but they also couldn't find a part# either.

All the other interior/dash bulbs are easy to find at parts stores or
even WalMart but this tiny one isn't.

it's the tiny 2182 bulb that is the 'stereo indicator' for the U79
Delco stereo radios used in early C3s. Take the radio out, take the
nose piece off and it's a tiny push in/twist bulb (bayonet) that
lights up on a stereo FM station. The trade name is or was 2182. It's
12V.

Old August 20th 04, 11:35 PM
Tom Crabtree

http://www.atlantalightbulbs.com/eca...alog/catm.html
http://www.miniaturelamps.com/en-us/dept_26.html
http://www.ba-electronics.com/bulbs.htm
http://www.lamptech.com/Pages/mini.htm
http://www.topbulb.com/search/default.asp

Take your pick.
It took me 30 seconds tops using Google to find these 5 companies.
*sheesh*

Old August 21st 04, 08:31 AM
pgtr

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:35:09 -0700, Tom Crabtree >
wrote:

>http://www.atlantalightbulbs.com/eca...alog/catm.html
>http://www.miniaturelamps.com/en-us/dept_26.html
>http://www.ba-electronics.com/bulbs.htm
>http://www.lamptech.com/Pages/mini.htm
>http://www.topbulb.com/search/default.asp
>
>Take your pick.

Thank you.

But what's this...

>It took me 30 seconds tops using Google to find these 5 companies.
>*sheesh*

....started out helpful enough but then we get to the gratuitous
attitude. Oh gee now we have a google elitist bragging on an ability
to paste 4 digits into a window and click the search button. Well
those mass marketed 2182 solder-in bulbs you're so keen on are not the
bayonet style 2182s GM or Delco used that I need. I guess the driving
need to cop a 'tude and brag on your googling talents blinded you to
stopping and considering the application.