Question on Windows on C4 -might be relevent to others

Old August 19th 04, 03:01 AM
Chet Doboe

Default Question on Windows on C4 -might be relevent to others

Hi, I've been vettin now for about 3 months now and lovin it big time, of
to Carlisle next week in fact.

Question: I have MAJOR water spots on back window of vert top, and I've
not been successful removing(also a little on front windshield)

One How does this happen.... I have no problem with my other 3 vehicles

Two How do I go about removing these spots

Any help is much appreciated.

thank You

--
Chet Doboe
'96 Vert - Lu Loo

http://www.hippickles.com

It's all in the mama-daddies!!!

"You play because you must." - drummer Tony Williams

Babatunde Olatunji - -
"Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a Mystery
and today? Today is a gift.
that's why we call it the present. "

You don't stop playing when you're getting old......
you play as long as there is music left inside you
- Louis Armstrong

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)

Old August 19th 04, 05:20 AM
Marty

Try a little white wine vinegar, if it is lime deposits it will come right
off. Buff clean with newspaper. Works on mine when Windex and ammonia
fails.Don't use a scour pad!

. net...

http://www.hippickles.com

Old August 19th 04, 09:48 PM
eat411

I had some extremely tough water spots on my Glass as well. I tried
all of the usual things people recommend, ammonia, vinegar, etc. I
was seriously considering paying and getting a new windshield
installed. However I called a local glass shop and they recommended a
product called Bioclean. It's a light green runny paste that has a
gritty feel. The grit concerned me but I felt that because I was
going to get a new windshield anyway I might as well try it (for only
10 bucks).

I cleaned the windshield normally and then used a cotton terrycloth to
apply the bioclean with a fair amount of elbow grease and the spots
came off. It was a dramatic difference and even cleaned the side
windows up at the top where they were even worse for staining from
being rolled up.

The shop that recommended the bioclean told me that the mirrors of the
car had a different glass and would be scratched by the grit, I did
not test this. However I checked to see if the windshield was
scratched, and I did not see any new one ones (though the windshield
wasn't new I didn't see any added scratches.

Windows101.com sells it, but I'm sure you can get it at a local glass
shop faster & cheaper.

I hope it works for you too.

Old August 19th 04, 10:49 PM
CardsFan

"eat411" > wrote in message
om...
> I had some extremely tough water spots on my Glass as well. I tried
> all of the usual things people recommend, ammonia, vinegar, etc. I
> was seriously considering paying and getting a new windshield
> installed. However I called a local glass shop and they recommended a
> product called Bioclean. It's a light green runny paste that has a
> gritty feel. The grit concerned me but I felt that because I was
> going to get a new windshield anyway I might as well try it (for only
> 10 bucks).
>
> I cleaned the windshield normally and then used a cotton terrycloth to
> apply the bioclean with a fair amount of elbow grease and the spots
> came off. It was a dramatic difference and even cleaned the side
> windows up at the top where they were even worse for staining from
> being rolled up.
>
> The shop that recommended the bioclean told me that the mirrors of the
> car had a different glass and would be scratched by the grit, I did
> not test this. However I checked to see if the windshield was
> scratched, and I did not see any new one ones (though the windshield
> wasn't new I didn't see any added scratches.
>
> Windows101.com sells it, but I'm sure you can get it at a local glass
> shop faster & cheaper.
>
> I hope it works for you too.

Do you have any idea if this stuff would work on, or damage a targa roof?
Mine has all kinds of waterspots, but I don't think the roof is actually
glass. I'd think if it was, it would be heavier.

Can you check with your local glass shop? TIA.

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

Old August 19th 04, 11:22 PM
Charles Spitzer

"CardsFan" > wrote in message
> "eat411" > wrote in message
> om...
> > I had some extremely tough water spots on my Glass as well. I tried
> > all of the usual things people recommend, ammonia, vinegar, etc. I
> > was seriously considering paying and getting a new windshield
> > installed. However I called a local glass shop and they recommended a
> > product called Bioclean. It's a light green runny paste that has a
> > gritty feel. The grit concerned me but I felt that because I was
> > going to get a new windshield anyway I might as well try it (for only
> > 10 bucks).
> >
> > I cleaned the windshield normally and then used a cotton terrycloth to
> > apply the bioclean with a fair amount of elbow grease and the spots
> > came off. It was a dramatic difference and even cleaned the side
> > windows up at the top where they were even worse for staining from
> > being rolled up.
> >
> > The shop that recommended the bioclean told me that the mirrors of the
> > car had a different glass and would be scratched by the grit, I did
> > not test this. However I checked to see if the windshield was
> > scratched, and I did not see any new one ones (though the windshield
> > wasn't new I didn't see any added scratches.
> >
> > Windows101.com sells it, but I'm sure you can get it at a local glass
> > shop faster & cheaper.
> >
> > I hope it works for you too.

> Do you have any idea if this stuff would work on, or damage a targa roof?
> Mine has all kinds of waterspots, but I don't think the roof is actually
> glass. I'd think if it was, it would be heavier.
>
> Can you check with your local glass shop? TIA.
>
> AJM
> '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

it's acrylic. there's lots of specialty polishing agents for that. check
with small airports for the stuff they use to polish airplane cockpit
windows. there's also a micromesh product used to polish acrylic marine fish
tanks.

Old August 20th 04, 07:04 AM
Marty

"Charles Spitzer" > wrote in message

> it's acrylic. there's lots of specialty polishing agents for that. check
> with small airports for the stuff they use to polish airplane cockpit
> windows. there's also a micromesh product used to polish acrylic marine

fish
> tanks.

Online you can try Sportys Pilot shop here.

http://www.sportys.com/acb/showdetl....=4295&CATID=96

$11 for a 13 oz can and safe for all plastics.

Old August 20th 04, 07:24 AM
eat411

I don't know if it will damage a targa- my gut instinct would be to
not offer advice on something I haven't done. The jar I have
recommends it (among other things) for fiberglass, aluminum and
corian, however it warns against using on surfaces that can be harmed
by mild abrasives. The jar also lists a phone number you can try for
the company: 800 341 5417. If the water spots on your window aren't
coming off with these other recommendations (or even if they are) I'd
still recommend using it. The Targa is a different matter though & i
wouldnt want to advise there.

Best luck! (& let us know what you find!)

Old August 20th 04, 05:16 PM
RicSeyler

I've used NOVIS #2 on acrylic nano tank before...

Charles Spitzer wrote:

--
Ric Seyler

Old August 20th 04, 05:26 PM
RicSeyler

Ahhhh. I know you... You post on RAMR also don't ya?

--
Ric Seyler

2004 BMW 525i- why windows fog? have it set automatic- w/refresh air KOS BMW 7 December 22nd 04 10:24 PM
320 Diesel - found all 4 windows down David Brown BMW 10 November 28th 04 03:36 PM
Help - Front elect Windows dont work Michael Lee BMW 0 November 3rd 04 12:49 AM
E34 question Vernon Balbert BMW 11 October 27th 04 01:37 PM
Power Windows ('98 A6) Question eBob.com Audi 1 June 8th 04 02:20 AM