2007 Camry is an Accord Killer

Old January 12th 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 2007 Camry is an Accord Killer

High Tech Misfit wrote:
> Art wrote:
>
>> From what I've read the Accord in '07 won't be much different than the
>> current model. Seems like Honda's best engineers were working the Civic,
>> minivan, and pickup truck.
>>

> Honda just gave the Accord a minor restyling for '06. Since the current
> Accord came out for 2003, expect the next version for 2008.

yup. i like the new taillights. less asian looking.
Old January 12th 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

SoCalMike wrote:

>> Honda just gave the Accord a minor restyling for '06. Since the
>> current Accord came out for 2003, expect the next version for 2008.

> yup. i like the new taillights. less asian looking.

IMO, the new tail alone makes the '06 look much better than the '03-'05.
Old January 12th 06, 01:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"Regardless of the nay sayers and nit pickers, the Ridgeline is a truck
and a
very good one in its class."

Come on Kent; the Ridgeline is the perfect truck for people who need a
Civic. A load in the bed obstructs access to the spare, its V6 gets
similar fuel economy to GM's new V8s and it isn't cheap. No wonder
sales are barely meeting goal. Had Honda brought this thing to market 3
or 4 years ago it would have been a winner. Today, it's another
Element.

But regarding the next generation Accord - I expect some major platform
changes including an AWD option (probably starting with the Accord's
platform mate the Acura TL). Like the Camry, I expect the Accord to
grow in size a little. I'd sure like to see Honda offer a head's up
display. One of my cars has that and it works great. Honda's cloth
seats could stand some major improvement, too. A fully reclining
passenger seat with flip-up leg support (like the optional BMW seats)
would be nice.

Old January 12th 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"All of this assumes you are looking for tire scorching performance --
and perhaps indifferent gas mileage. If I buy a sedan, I can't imagine
the need for anything more than Honda's I4. I alternately drive to
work an 03 Civic LX 5 spd and a 01 Prelude 5 spd. The Civic does just
fine on I 75 and gets 38-40 mpg. Heck, lets put a "hemi" in the Camry
or Accord next. "

I gotta agree with TWW. All our Accords have been I4s and they've all
been perfectly fine for the intended use. However, we do have a
V6-powered minivan for family outings and weeks-long vacations. I
wouldn't be surprised to see market segmentation between I4-FWD cars
and V6-AWD/RWD cars in the not too distant future. With V6s exceeding
250HP, FWD becomes less and less "user friendly."

Old January 12th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"SoCalMike" wrote

> yup. i like the new taillights. less asian looking.

And unlike the 2005-2006 Accords, their taillights still have amber turn
signals. ;-)

Old January 12th 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"Where would you rather have a spare, in a locked compartment shielded
from damage and theft, or hanging under the bumper subject to both?"

I'd like the spare where I could get to it when I needed it.

Have a nice day, Kent.

Old January 13th 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

You're a total cook. You're one of those cooks that drives on underinflated
tires, so you can spend you're day on the side road fixing a flat.

ups.com...

Old January 13th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Too many Toyota trolls. Camry is a grandpa car. Admit it. The new Avalon..
guess who is buying them?? It's a Buick but in a different skin.

Old January 13th 06, 05:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Who cares about the Camry. I love my Hondas including my 04 EX V6 but I may
have to break down and buy a Hemi Challenger when they come out. That will
smoke either though probably will not be as reliable or hold it's value as
well but oh to return to my youth. --- Steve

oups.com...

Old January 13th 06, 06:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Kent Finnell wrote:
> "SoCalMike" > wrote in message
>> Art wrote:
>>> From what I've read the Accord in '07 won't be much different than the
>>> current model. Seems like Honda's best engineers were working the Civic,
>>> minivan, and pickup truck.

>> the civic looks much improved, the minivan is equalled only byt he sienna,
>> and the "truck"...? well, 2 out of 3 aint bad!
>>
>> has a ridgeline run at baja yet?

> Yup, and was doing very well until about half way when the poorly chosen
> tires gave out. Two Ridgelines were very near stock, had minimal
> preparation, mostly to the safety regs of the race.
>
> Regardless of the nay sayers and nit pickers, the Ridgeline is a truck and a
> very good one in its class.

ok, ok... itll just take some getting used to, like the original subaru
brat. same concept, actually.