GN70 Mod is Out

Old November 22nd 05, 01:47 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default GN70 Mod is Out

>"Bruce Kennewell" > wrote
> You haven't changed in over six years, Frankie. Still spouting utter
> rubbish
> at the best of times.

Sorry but same for you, you still have this stuck-up attitude, whenever
somebody challenges you slightly you come back with some wrath that is
uneccessary.

You have no more proof than me about this subject. You're spouting the same
rubbish as I do. This mod is just trucks with different polygons, as good
as it might be and as good as the work they have done. That you cannot
dispute and go on into this sort of nostalgia "NOOO YOU CANNOT PUT IT DOWN
ITS OLD CARS!".

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Old November 22nd 05, 01:56 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

>"Goy Larsen" > wrote
> First of all, no pun intended, we've never had a problem with F1RST,

You mean the "Don't change the physics or we'll sue your ass" problem that
never occured?

> quite the opposite actually as the nice people over there said they'd do
> their best to support any future mods we'd come up with, if on the other
> hand you are talking about FIRST, or more correctly iRacing, then yes,
> they've been less than supportive towards us but we've moved past
> that.....for the most part

Of course I'm talking about them, sorry for the mispelling.

> but quite simply because you're talking down something you don't
> even have the basics to have an opinion about because you haven't even
> tried it !,

Yeah it's sitting on my PC installed and I haven't raced it, cmon. So I say
it's a shame that it's basically trucks with different polygons, and that NL
is perhaps as good if not better. And Bruce goes into this sort of rampage
like he usually does (god forbid somebody makes a speeeeelling error it
might kill him). What's wrong with that? I even congratulated them on the
effort even if I felt it was unecessary to continue working on it in the
end. They should have made it for RF (it would really need a mod like
this).

¨>there are several tracks made with this mod in
> mind that not only capture the "feel" of the area
> graphically, but also come with tweaked track.ini's,

Yep, I gladly took the tracks and filtered them in either my oval or
roadcourse folder for NR2003.

> 2 years ago there were no "real" mods made for the N4-2003 series of
> Papy's sims, and yet people painted touring cars schemes on Nascar
> bodies and ran them on road courses with CUP physics, bodged Cup physics
> at that, back in 99/00 we ran touring car leagues using super touring
> bodies and CTS physics, have you forgotten all this Frank ?

That was 2 years ago. Meanwhile RF is strulling to keep it's customer base
and increase it's membership. You think I spout random rambling like that?
It's rambling yeah but its not random <g>. Ok perhaps a little.... chaotic
and lunatic.

> You've become a spoilt elitist Frank

I'm simply stating facts about the community. Some mods are released too
soon, others too late. Some should have been for other sims. It happens.

p.s.: We wouldn't have waited a year for a RF version of the mod. If a mod
that was already that perfected some time ago takes a year to release in RF,
RF is already dead, people will drop like flies and it'll be
yet-another-ISI-related-sim-that-we-race-for-6-months-and-move-onto-the-next-project-with-the-same-problems-unfixed

Old November 22nd 05, 01:57 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

>"Scott B. Husted" > wrote
> No only your opinion is useless.. and usualy wrong and meaningless to
> boot. =)

Wank... errr Bankers aren't even allowed to have an opinion!

Old November 22nd 05, 04:02 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

You really just don't get it, do you?
It has >>nothing<< whatsoever to do with nostalgia - if it did have then I'd
be agreeing that NASCAR Legends is the best thing since sliced bread.

And at least I have owned and driven a couple of early 1970's "Yank Tanks"
(as we refer to them down here).

BK

.. .

Old November 23rd 05, 03:02 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Goy Larsen wrote:
> ymenard wrote:
>>
>>> "Bruce Kennewell" > wrote
>>> And NASCAR Legends >>doesn't<< have more realism; the cars sit as
>>> if glued to the track. At least the n2003 machines move around.

>> Sorry the fact that it's basically 2003 trucks you're racing puts
>> that mod more useless than Nascar Legends. They should have dropped
>> the mod when the idiots at F1RST did their move. So what if the
>> physics of NL are a little more ancient? It driver closer to what
>> they were back then than the trucks physics.

> First of all, no pun intended, we've never had a problem with F1RST,
> quite the opposite actually as the nice people over there said they'd
> do their best to support any future mods we'd come up with, if on the
> other hand you are talking about FIRST, or more correctly iRacing,
> then yes, they've been less than supportive towards us but we've
> moved past that.....for the most part

<snip>

Well said Goy!!

Don Burnette