another passing

Old February 23rd 08, 02:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
John Bradley

Default another passing

SW - you know what to post>

Charles Ryan, 92; co-wrote pop hit 'Hot Rod Lincoln'
From the Associated Press
February 22, 2008

Charles Ryan, the musician and songwriter who co-wrote the hit song "Hot Rod
Lincoln," died Saturday in Spokane, Wash., after a long battle with heart
disease, his family said. He was 92.

Ryan and W.S. Stevenson wrote "Hot Rod Lincoln" and in 1955 Ryan first
recorded the song with the rockabilly beat and the vivid lyrics describing a
nighttime car chase:

"My fenders was clickin' the guardrail posts; the guy beside me was white as
a ghost."

It began with the line "My pappy said, 'Son, you're gonna drive me to
drinkin' if you don't stop drivin' that Hot Rod Lincoln.' "

The song was inspired by Ryan's commutes in his 1941 Lincoln from Spokane to
play gigs at the Paradise Club across the state line in Lewiston, Idaho.

It has been recorded many times since.

Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen made it a hit in 1972, and it has
been a mainstay of popular culture for decades.

Ryan was born in Graceville, Minn., on Dec. 19, 1915, grew up in Polson,
Mont., and moved to Spokane in 1943. He served in the Army during World War
II.

He worked as a musician and songwriter, touring with Jim Reeves, Johnny
Horton and others.

Ryan's version of "Hot Rod Lincoln" hit the Billboard Top 100 charts in 1960
and stayed there for six months. Many versions exist, with the words often
altered by each new group.

--
Vote for Ponzi - the US economy depends on him!

Old February 23rd 08, 05:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Square Wheels[_6_]

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 21:06:25 -0500, John Bradley wrote:

> Vote for Ponzi - the US economy depends on him!

What about Papoon? He's NI.

> SW - you know what to post>

Aye, Captain, that I do.

difficulties with some memory in the computer mechanism.

Will attempt a firing in just a wee bit....

Lt. Cmdr. SW
```````````````

> Charles Ryan, 92; co-wrote pop hit 'Hot Rod Lincoln' From the Associated
> Press
> February 22, 2008
>

> Charles Ryan, the musician and songwriter who co-wrote the hit song "Hot
> Rod Lincoln," died Saturday in Spokane, Wash., after a long battle with
> heart disease, his family said. He was 92.
>
> Ryan and W.S. Stevenson wrote "Hot Rod Lincoln" and in 1955 Ryan first
> recorded the song with the rockabilly beat and the vivid lyrics
> describing a nighttime car chase:
>
> "My fenders was clickin' the guardrail posts; the guy beside me was
> white as a ghost."
>
> It began with the line "My pappy said, 'Son, you're gonna drive me to
> drinkin' if you don't stop drivin' that Hot Rod Lincoln.' "
>
> The song was inspired by Ryan's commutes in his 1941 Lincoln from
> Spokane to play gigs at the Paradise Club across the state line in
> Lewiston, Idaho.
>
> It has been recorded many times since.
>
> Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen made it a hit in 1972, and it
> has been a mainstay of popular culture for decades.
>
> Ryan was born in Graceville, Minn., on Dec. 19, 1915, grew up in Polson,
> Mont., and moved to Spokane in 1943. He served in the Army during World
> War II.
>
> He worked as a musician and songwriter, touring with Jim Reeves, Johnny
> Horton and others.
>
> Ryan's version of "Hot Rod Lincoln" hit the Billboard Top 100 charts in
> 1960 and stayed there for six months. Many versions exist, with the
> words often altered by each new group.

--
Like cars in amusement parks, our direction is often determined through
collisions.

-Yahia Lababidi, writer (b. 1973)