Subject : Pictures Please - Ford 351 - Ford351C - Ford351W - Repost

Old May 11th 07, 02:31 PM posted to alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury,rec.autos.rod-n-custom,alt.autos.classic-trucks

Repost:

Hi,

I am working on a new website www.Ford351.com and need pictures of
Ford 351 engines. I had a '72 Ford Torino with a 351C engine but no
good engine pictures before restoration.

Specifically, I am looking for 351 C or 351 W engines. Pictures of a
"Boss 351" or 351 engines factory installed in non-Ford cars (Pantera,
Ski Nautique, Jeep) will be interesting.

Please help me find Ford 351 engine pictures. They must be your
pictures; please do not mail me links or search suggestions. No
pictures of your cars, boats or trucks.

Images to .

Thanks

Old May 11th 07, 05:25 PM posted to alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury,rec.autos.rod-n-custom,alt.autos.classic-trucks
Jeff Strickland

> wrote in message
ps.com...
> Repost:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am working on a new website www.Ford351.com and need pictures of
> Ford 351 engines. I had a '72 Ford Torino with a 351C engine but no
> good engine pictures before restoration.
>
> Specifically, I am looking for 351 C or 351 W engines. Pictures of a
> "Boss 351" or 351 engines factory installed in non-Ford cars (Pantera,
> Ski Nautique, Jeep) will be interesting.
>
> Please help me find Ford 351 engine pictures. They must be your
> pictures; please do not mail me links or search suggestions. No
> pictures of your cars, boats or trucks.

Most of us will have the engine bolted up to a car, truck, or boat. Getting
a shot of the engine standing alone is going to be very difficult.

I could lift the hood and send a shot of the air cleaner, but somehow I
think you've already got that shot.

Old May 11th 07, 07:25 PM posted to alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury,rec.autos.rod-n-custom,alt.autos.classic-trucks
TF

try typing into Google 351 windsor and I get 7600 pics.

Old May 11th 07, 07:53 PM posted to alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury,rec.autos.rod-n-custom,alt.autos.classic-trucks
Jeff Strickland

Why should I do that? Maybe the OP ought to give it a whirl ...

Old May 11th 07, 10:33 PM posted to alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury,rec.autos.rod-n-custom,alt.autos.classic-trucks
Whitelightning

"TF" > wrote in message
> try typing into Google 351 windsor and I get 7600 pics.

Just because you can view that many doesnt mean you can copy and use them as
you see fit. Copyright comes into play here. Sounds like the OP is asking
for donations of images he can use on his web royalty free ie for free,
rather than stealing someone elses images.

Whitelightning

Old May 11th 07, 11:28 PM posted to alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury,rec.autos.rod-n-custom,alt.autos.classic-trucks
Delbert

this guy is an idiot, and the web site sucks

ps.com...

Old May 12th 07, 02:42 AM posted to alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury,rec.autos.rod-n-custom,alt.autos.classic-trucks
Jeff Strickland

"David M" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 11 May 2007 06:31:41 -0700, flrealbot rearranged some electrons to
> form:
>
>> lame website stuff snipped

> Your web site is not only lame, but has incorrect information on it.
>
> 351C and 351W are completely different engines.

I haven't been to the website, but everybody knows that the 351 Cleveland
and the 351 Windsor are as different as night and day. They are completely
different. That's C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E-L-Y.

Wow, I can't believe somebody put together a site (or even a measely page)
that says these two engines share anything beyond displacement.

I forget which is which, but I recall that one is loosely based on the
289 -- its a small block motor -- and the other is based on the 429 -- which
is a large block (I think the Cleveland is the small block and the Windsor
is the large block). Obviously one would have to have a longer stroke as
compared to the other, causing the long stroke motor to run at lower RPMs.
The long stroke will produce more torque at the low end, but will top out
much sooner.

I gotta take a look at the website now ...

Old May 12th 07, 03:05 AM posted to alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury,rec.autos.rod-n-custom,alt.autos.classic-trucks
CobraJet[_2_]

In article <3Y81i.427$b67.111@trnddc06>, Jeff Strickland
> wrote:

> Wow, I can't believe somebody put together a site (or even a measely page)
> that says these two engines share anything beyond displacement.

They have the same motor mounts, bellhousing pattern, starters,
distributor cap, balancers, flywheels, and lifters.

However, the dickhead with the website is still a lazy, stupid,
freeloading *******.

--
CobraJet
Old May 12th 07, 03:10 AM posted to alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury,rec.autos.rod-n-custom,alt.autos.classic-trucks
Jeff Strickland

<copied from www.ford351.com>

Ford 351 - Ford 351C - Ford 351W

Also known as "351 Cleveland", and "351 Windsor".

Ford 351

Produced by Ford Motor Company from 1969 through 1997, the Ford 351 cubic
inch engine, also known as the "Ford 351W" or "Ford 351C" was a favorite V8
engine of the GM line. Appearing in such models as the Ford Mustang, Ford
full size cars and trucks, Jeep-brand Wagoneer, and Ski Nautique ski boats,
the Ford 351 also was the engine of choice for the mid-engine Pantera sports
car in the 1970s.

Introduced in 1969, the 351 c.i. "Windsor" (351W) was rated between 250 and
290 stock horsepower with a 3.5 inch stroke in a 335 small block. In 1970,
the 351 "Cleveland" (351C) was introduced primarily for the Ford Mustang.
The majority of 351 Cleveland engines are 2 barrel carburetor versions with
low compression, although the rare "Boss 351C", produced only in 1971, was
rated at 330 base horsepower. At the end of the 1974 model year, Ford ceased
production of the 351C "Cleveland" design at the Cleveland, Ohio plant.
Production of the immensely popular 351W "Windsor" continued until 1997 when
the Windsor, Ontario plant was closed.

<end copy and paste>

These motors are not, and never have been, known as "or." They are
completely different designs, differing in many ways, most notably the
physical size differences. Except for the displacement -- 351 cubic
inches -- there is nothing similar about them. They are not interchangable
in most applications, however I'd be teh first to admit that with enough
fabrication skills one could interchange anything.

I was not aware the the Ford 351C was a favorite of the GM line. Could you
provide any citation where GM used Ford power plants?

Good luck with your Website.

ps.com...

Old May 12th 07, 03:15 AM posted to alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury,rec.autos.rod-n-custom,alt.autos.classic-trucks
Jeff Strickland

"CobraJet" > wrote in message
> In article <3Y81i.427$b67.111@trnddc06>, Jeff Strickland
> > wrote:
>

>> Wow, I can't believe somebody put together a site (or even a measely
>> page)
>> that says these two engines share anything beyond displacement.

> They have the same motor mounts, bellhousing pattern, starters,
> distributor cap, balancers, flywheels, and lifters.
>
> However, the dickhead with the website is still a lazy, stupid,
> freeloading *******.

I guess I'll take your word for it. I thought the Cleveland and Windsor
power plants were completely different in each of the areas you just said
they are common.

I remember as a kid (with my father in car business) that when a car was
listed with a Ford 351, the first question was, Cleveland or Windsor? The
performance specs were different, and the physical size was different. Or
that's what I remember thinking at the time.