OT - So Michael...

Old February 2nd 08, 02:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Default OT - So Michael...

Joe wrote:
> Michael Johnson > wrote in
> :
>
>> Joe wrote:
>>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>>> :

> down
>>> too.

> you?!?!?
>>> face

> against
>>> happen
>>> Gee, Michael, tell us how you _really_ feel...

>> I can't stand the Clintons. They are more responsible for the dumbing
>> down of politics in this country than any other two people. I don't
>> care about him getting blow jobs in the White House from someone other
>> than his wife. Hell, that has happened plenty of times in the past.
>> The fact he got caught just shows the depth of his stupidity. He took
>> advantage of a young intern that was unstable to begin with and that

> is
>> just ignorant on an inconceivable level. His whole career has been

> like
>> this. They need to just go away. If the Democrats elect Obama as

> their
>> candidate it will go a long way in restoring my respect for that
>> political party.

> Let's face it - both parties are scum. Whatever examples one points out
> from either party, there are examples from the other side to counter.
> This is but one of the reasons why I'm a registered Independent.

Both sides have their morons for sure. With Clinton's political skills
he could have done so much more than he did. His problem is that he is
personally weak and can't control himself or his urges. Just look at
all the women that have accused him of everything from affairs to rape.
The woman that accused him of raping her isn't a floozy. She has a
very respectable career and a solid family life. A person can't get
that many accusations without there being a basis for them in his
personal behavior. The very fact he would take advantage of a young
intern in his charge shows just how little control he has over himself.

He drug the presidency into the gutter and cheapened the office in a way
no one else has done in recent memory. He lied under oath, he lied to
everyone of us on camera and he still lies to this day. He still can't
control himself and it is killing his wife's chances to become the
nominee. Not that I am sad about it.

At least Bush has kept his personal life out of the public's business.
This is something Clinton could never do. Even while Governor he run a
muck and tried to screw anything that and had a pulse. Just look at
their tactics in this election. It tells you everything you need to
know about their morals and that is they have none. Like I said, they
just need to go away.
Old February 2nd 08, 02:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Joe wrote:
> Michael Johnson > wrote in
> :
>
>> Joe wrote:
>>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>>> :

> down

> think

> just

> can't

> chunk

> time.

> Romney

> for

> will

> be

> but

> win

> far

> call
>>> Excellent post! Thanks very much for your honesty. You never
>>> disappoint.

>> If you couldn't tell I'm not real thrilled with anyone this election.

>> am somewhat excited about Obama though but not in regard to his
>> political views. I wouldn't vote for him because he is very liberal

> but
>> the fact a black man can be a serious contender for President shows
>> just how far this country has come regarding race relations. I also
>> believe that the same would have happened on the right if someone like
>> Colin Powell had run this year. Powell could have walked away with

> the
>> Republican nomination this election cycle.

> Agreed. Then again, the same holds true regarding women with Clinton.

I think that a black man trumps a woman in which shows more maturity.
Half the population are women and they don't have the racism component.
I think Obama is breaking more ground than Hillary. Also, if she
wasn't Billy's ho bag she wouldn't stand a chance. At least now we know
why she stayed married to him after all those affairs.

>>> That said, I'm waiting for Bloomberg to stir things up.

>> I don't think he will run if McCain gets the nomination. McCain will
>> suck all the votes from the moderates and that is the very voters
>> Bloomberg desperately needs if he stands any chance of winning.

> Again, agreed, although it would've been great to see Bloomberg thick in
> the fray of things. IMO the next thing will be to see who the VP
> candidates will be.

If Obama is smart he should try and get Evan Bayh as his running mate.
He is a moderate, white male and is young with plenty of experience. It
would make a formidable ticket, IMO. McCain has less to chose from,
IMO. He definitely needs someone who is conservative, somewhat young
and has good experience. I don't know who that person would be off the
top of my head.
Old February 2nd 08, 02:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Joe wrote:
> Michael Johnson > wrote in
> :
>
>> dwight wrote:
>>> Carter was brilliant. Bush can't form a sentence.

>> Carter would have been brilliant if being president was like being an
>> engineer on a nuclear submarine. He was one of the worst Presidents
>> this country has ever had to endure. Thank God he only had one term.
>> Two terms of of his stupidity would have been more than this country
>> could bare.
>>
>>> I'm not quite sure how you meant this.

>> The original intent was to indicate that letting liberals have enough
>> political rope will result in them hanging themselves. The one of the
>> most recent examples of this was Jimmie Carter followed by Clinton in
>> his first two years in office. I threw in the last sentence as an
>> embellishment.
>>
>> As for old Jimmie, the older he gets the stranger he becomes. I can't
>> think of one decent thing that resulted from his time in office. I
>> can name several disasters though.

> Actually, the same thing can be said for Dubya.

There have been some good. We haven't had another terrorist attack
within our borders since 9-11. I give him a lot of the credit for this.
He did get some decent tax cuts through. We haven't had to hear about
his personal sex life and there have been no impeachment hearings (even
though Congress has tried their best to find something the past two
years). I would say the Israeli - Palestinian conflict is much cooler
now than and there is a real chance for peace between them. Women in
Afghanistan can actually go to school now and not live in fear for their
lives every day as is the case with many people in Iraq.

Also, the jury is still out on whether Iraq was a good or bad action.
We won't know the score on that for another 10-20 years. If it does
turn out that Iraq leads the Middle East to be more democratic then
history will judge Bush much more kindly than some people are judging
him today. Remember all the uproar when Reagan called the Soviet Union
and evil empire? The press said he was going to cause WWIII and the
protesters were out en mass against him. Reagan was demonized while he
was in office. Now look at how he is seen. Even the Democrats don't
criticize him anymore. The same could very well happen to Bush.
Old February 2nd 08, 03:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

dwight wrote:
> "Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
>> dwight wrote:
>>> Carter was brilliant. Bush can't form a sentence.

>> Carter would have been brilliant if being president was like being an
>> engineer on a nuclear submarine. He was one of the worst Presidents this
>> country has ever had to endure. Thank God he only had one term. Two terms
>> of of his stupidity would have been more than this country could bare.

> NU-CLE-AR. At least, he knew how to speak the language.
>
>>> I'm not quite sure how you meant this.

>> The original intent was to indicate that letting liberals have enough
>> political rope will result in them hanging themselves. The one of the
>> most recent examples of this was Jimmie Carter followed by Clinton in his
>> first two years in office. I threw in the last sentence as an
>> embellishment.

> But the same could be said about the two Bush presidencies. "Give 'em enough
> rope..." The simple fact is that we've been getting the government we so
> obviously deserve. The Democrats have been ineffectual, the Republicans have
> been a disgrace.

The problem is that the Republicans have forgotten what they were sent
to Washington to accomplish and what being a conservative really means.
They and the Democrats have morphed into the same hideous creature
that cares only about themselves and their pet projects.

> Just as with any mass marketing, we've ended up yet again with the
> candidates who have the broadest appeal. And the people we'd really LIKE to
> have as president wouldn't even consider running for the job.
>
> How many times have you cast a vote, not FOR someone, but against the other?

Actually, the last time I voted against someone rather than for their
opponent was in 1996. Dole did nothing for me but he was better than
Clinton.

> The simple fact is, of course, that no one individual is ever going to
> measure up. No one party (and we've really only got two) is ever going to
> reflect 100% what we as individuals believe and hold dear. The system by
> design will always disappoint.
>
> We make the best choice possible from among a tiny pool of talent and we
> send them to Washington to do an impossible job, with half of the population
> already dead set against them. Along with a new president, we send in a
> Congress that, upon close inspection, seems to have been assembled through
> insanity. We elect dead people, outright crooks, frauds, cardboard,
> egomaniacs and crazies, and send them off to do the people's business.
>
> And THEN, after this huge set-up, comes the punchline - we, as a nation,
> have fallen into two gigantic camps, each loathing the other with a vitriol
> that is created wholly out of thin air. We've become a people that loves to
> draw lines in the sand - political, racial, religious, sexual - and throw
> stones at those on the other side. Because it's easier than thinking.
>
> If we can break all of humanity into two and only two groups -
> Republican/Democrat, black/white, Christian/Muslim, gay/straight,
> Ford/Chevy - it makes our lives and our hate so much easier. So we choose
> the candidate who is closest to our hate, not our hope. Three out of five,
> he's got my vote.

If they would just go to Washington and do what they said they would do
while campaigning to get elected we would be fine. The trouble is that
as soon as they get elected they are busy trying to get re-elected and
doing what they promised is quickly forgotten. Also, we all shouldn't
be so naive as to actually believe them.

> Nixon wanted to steal an election. Ford doesn't really count. Carter fell
> victim to OPEC and runaway inflation. Reagan was hounded for Iran/Contra.
> Bush 41 forgot to keep his eye on the home ground. Clinton got a blow job.
> Bush 43 has screwed up in every which way imaginable. It gets worse and
> worse.
>
> Now you look at the current crop. Vote for McCain! Because he'd be a great
> leader? No, because he's not Hillary. Vote for Obama! Why, because he'd
> completely rewrite the rules in Washington? No, because he's not Hillary. Or
> McCain.
>
> I'm disgusted.

I'll be disgusted if Hillary is the next president. I can live with any
of the other options.

> Maybe it's time for dwight in 2012.

This couldn't be any worse than Hillary.
Old February 2nd 08, 03:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

dwight wrote:
> "Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
>> dwight wrote:
>>
>>> The past seven years has left me utterly disgusted. The next time some
>>> smarmy Republican calls democrats "tax and spend liberals", I may have to
>>> exercise my 2nd amendment rights and buy a damn gun.

>> What is your assessment of the Reid and Pelosi show in Congress the pst
>> two years?

> Interesting. That might be the only real answer to the whole problem:
>
> Elect a president, and give him a Congress that can't really DO anything.
>
> The Republicans have proven that they can match earmark for earmark with the
> Democrats and can outspend anybody that ever was. So long as they tuck them
> into bills that the president is willing to sign, it's all good.

I agree 100%. Both side are spending whores. They can't help themselves.

> But for anything important, anything that addresses the foundation of the
> country, there seems to be no hope of action without a clear majority on
> either side.

The two party system we have needs to be dissolved or more parties need
to form to dilute their power. The trouble is they actively prevent
this from occurring.

> Interesting that you call it the Reid and Pelosi show, as if the Republicans
> in Congress are not playing the game, too. What are they - innocent
> bystanders?

Well Reid and Pelosi set the agenda and the Republicans can only react
to it. They couldn't even get a five day work week established for
Congress like they promised and that has nothing to do with the
Republicans. How many of their promises did they keep? I can't think
of one right off hand.

> The Republican Congress raped the treasury. But now, with a Democratic
> majority, they want to complain about earmarks and pork-barrel spending,
> without ever conceding that fully half of the earmarks (if not more) were
> put in by Republicans.
>
> Hypocrisy and deception. Yeah, THAT's what I want from my representatives.

This is what we are all getting. We know it too and still don't seem to
be willing to do anything about it.
Old February 2nd 08, 04:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_26_]

Michael Johnson > wrote in
:

> Joe wrote:
>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>> :

>> down

>> you?!?!?

>> against
>>> I can't stand the Clintons. They are more responsible for the
>>> dumbing down of politics in this country than any other two people.
>>> I don't care about him getting blow jobs in the White House from
>>> someone other than his wife. Hell, that has happened plenty of
>>> times in the past. The fact he got caught just shows the depth of
>>> his stupidity. He took advantage of a young intern that was
>>> unstable to begin with and that

>> is
>>> just ignorant on an inconceivable level. His whole career has been

>> like
>>> this. They need to just go away. If the Democrats elect Obama as

>> their
>>> candidate it will go a long way in restoring my respect for that
>>> political party.

>> Let's face it - both parties are scum. Whatever examples one points
>> out from either party, there are examples from the other side to
>> counter. This is but one of the reasons why I'm a registered
>> Independent.

> Both sides have their morons for sure. With Clinton's political
> skills he could have done so much more than he did. His problem is
> that he is personally weak and can't control himself or his urges.
> Just look at all the women that have accused him of everything from
> affairs to rape.
> The woman that accused him of raping her isn't a floozy. She has a
> very respectable career and a solid family life. A person can't get
> that many accusations without there being a basis for them in his
> personal behavior. The very fact he would take advantage of a young
> intern in his charge shows just how little control he has over
> himself.
>
> He drug the presidency into the gutter and cheapened the office in a
> way no one else has done in recent memory. He lied under oath, he
> lied to everyone of us on camera and he still lies to this day. He
> still can't control himself and it is killing his wife's chances to
> become the nominee. Not that I am sad about it.
>
> At least Bush has kept his personal life out of the public's business.
> This is something Clinton could never do. Even while Governor he run
> a muck and tried to screw anything that and had a pulse. Just look at
> their tactics in this election. It tells you everything you need to
> know about their morals and that is they have none. Like I said, they
> just need to go away.

IMO, Clinton did nothing worse than what tons of other men did and still
do. His problem was that he got caught and it was splattered all over
the world. I didn't/don't care who he's screwed, as long as it didn't
affect me personally, which it really didn't.

OTOH, Bush's shenannigans have greatly affected me and the rest of the
country. He's done more damage than anyone in recent memory.
Old February 2nd 08, 05:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Joe wrote:
> Michael Johnson > wrote in
> :
>
>> Joe wrote:
>>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>>> :

>>> down
>>> you?!?!?
>>> against
>>> is
>>> like
>>> their
>>> Let's face it - both parties are scum. Whatever examples one points
>>> out from either party, there are examples from the other side to
>>> counter. This is but one of the reasons why I'm a registered
>>> Independent.

>> Both sides have their morons for sure. With Clinton's political
>> skills he could have done so much more than he did. His problem is
>> that he is personally weak and can't control himself or his urges.
>> Just look at all the women that have accused him of everything from
>> affairs to rape.
>> The woman that accused him of raping her isn't a floozy. She has a
>> very respectable career and a solid family life. A person can't get
>> that many accusations without there being a basis for them in his
>> personal behavior. The very fact he would take advantage of a young
>> intern in his charge shows just how little control he has over
>> himself.
>>
>> He drug the presidency into the gutter and cheapened the office in a
>> way no one else has done in recent memory. He lied under oath, he
>> lied to everyone of us on camera and he still lies to this day. He
>> still can't control himself and it is killing his wife's chances to
>> become the nominee. Not that I am sad about it.
>>
>> At least Bush has kept his personal life out of the public's business.
>> This is something Clinton could never do. Even while Governor he run
>> a muck and tried to screw anything that and had a pulse. Just look at
>> their tactics in this election. It tells you everything you need to
>> know about their morals and that is they have none. Like I said, they
>> just need to go away.

> IMO, Clinton did nothing worse than what tons of other men did and still
> do. His problem was that he got caught and it was splattered all over
> the world. I didn't/don't care who he's screwed, as long as it didn't
> affect me personally, which it really didn't.

Which is why I say he is weak in his personal life. I don't care that
he got a blow job but I do care that he was so reckless about it. Look
at JFK for God's sake. He knew how to cut a piece of strange off and
not get caught. You think Clinton would have known better. Thanks to
his inability to control himself he drug the country through the gutter
for four years over nothing more than a blow job.

I disagree about Clinton's escapades not affecting us personally. While
he was fighting off impeachment Osama was planning to commit mass murder
on 9-11. That set up a series of events that lead us to where we are
today. Had he taken out Osama when he had the chance, and he did have
the chance, life as we know it today would be much different. We had a
taste of what the Islamic extremists wanted to accomplish in the 1993
World Trade Center bombings. They wanted those building to fall then
and Clinton didn't get the extent of the threat they posed and basically
did nothing to fight it aggressively. Had he done so I doubt 9-11 would
have occurred. You can bet that Bush would have taken it seriously had
he been president then.

Say what you want about Bush but he didn't sit around and wait for them
to drop the other shoe on us after 9-11. He went for their jugular vein
and, IMO, is one of the main reasons we haven't had another domestic
attack from them the past seven years. If he was going to err, I want
to to err on the side of going too far rather than not going far enough
and we have 100,000 dead Americans as a result.

> OTOH, Bush's shenannigans have greatly affected me and the rest of the
> country. He's done more damage than anyone in recent memory.

Whether it is damage is yet to be determined, IMO. If Clinton did the
same thing in Iraq the press would be spinning us a whole different
story line. Much of the negatives against Bush are for making political
hay and putting a Democrat in the White House this fall. The biggest
problem that elected Republicans face is that they have forgotten what
makes a conservative a conservative. The people that make up the party
haven't forgotten though and this is why they aren't going to the poles
to vote.
Old February 2nd 08, 06:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

"Joe" > wrote in message
> "dwight" > wrote in
> :
>
>> I'm disgusted.
>>
>> Maybe it's time for dwight in 2012.
>>
>> dwight

> How 'bout a benevolent dictatorship?

We all have our strengths and weaknesses. Me, I'm a lousy manager. But I'm
an okay piano player.

With all of this off-topic debate, let me take it further afield...

Now that I have my iPod in the car, I've decided that I want to record
"music to drive by." Drive-by music? We all have our favorite tunes to
listen to on the highway at 3 in the morning, but I wanted to create
something like that myself.

Unfortunately, the track I've just uploaded isn't quite that. It is, I
think, definitely car music, but definitely not 3 in the morning.

The liner notes for "bangin' the gears":
"Okay, I wasn't going to make this one publicly available, but it's growing
on me, even with its obvious flaws. I'll call it bangin' the gears . Walk
out to the car, start it up, idle for a bit, then pull out into traffic for
a time. At 2:23, we take a sudden turn onto an open road. I didn't plan it
that way, but that's what it sounds like to me."

Y'all can give it a listen and tell me if you like it. Notice I didn't say
tell me if you DON'T like it...

dwight
www.tfrog93.com/audio/audio.htm

(Just doing my bit to unite a nation.)

Old February 3rd 08, 02:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox-{SS}-[_2_]

dwight wrote:

> Y'all can give it a listen and tell me if you like it. Notice I didn't say
> tell me if you DON'T like it...
>
> dwight
> www.tfrog93.com/audio/audio.htm
>
> (Just doing my bit to unite a nation.)

Okay just so you know that's getting ripped and put onto a CD so I
can listen to it on my newly purchased Martin Logan reQuest speakers.

--
"Yah know I hate it when forces gather in ma' fringe..." - Sheogorath

"Daytime television sucked 20 years ago,
and it still sucks today!" - Marc Bissonette
Old February 3rd 08, 03:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

"WindsorFox-{SS}-" > wrote in message
> dwight wrote:
>
>> Y'all can give it a listen and tell me if you like it. Notice I didn't
>> say tell me if you DON'T like it...
>>
>> dwight
>> www.tfrog93.com/audio/audio.htm
>>
>> (Just doing my bit to unite a nation.)

> Okay just so you know that's getting ripped and put onto a CD so I can
> listen to it on my newly purchased Martin Logan reQuest speakers.

Okay, but that's not one of my better ones. I would call that one of my Slop
Piano tracks.

The one you really want to listen to with those speaker is "October 20."
Starts out quiet and slow, but stay with it. It's my personal favorite.

)