Corvette Z06 tires/wheels on a C6

Old December 31st 07, 07:34 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Lawrence Lugar

Default Corvette Z06 tires/wheels on a C6

i'm not really a car guy, in regards to the mechanical technicalites...

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/features/ Tires/Wheels section

but my question is, is it ok to put the Z06 tires and wheels on a C6?
w/o any negative performance/reliability issues

Old January 1st 08, 01:33 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Sarah Czepiel

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 23:34:08 -0800, "Lawrence Lugar"
> wrote:

:>i'm not really a car guy, in regards to the mechanical technicalites...
:>
:> http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/features/ Tires/Wheels section
:>
:>
:>
:>but my question is, is it ok to put the Z06 tires and wheels on a C6?
:>w/o any negative performance/reliability issues

Why do you need to know?

Old January 1st 08, 09:13 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Lawrence Lugar

just answer the question, if you know - thank you very much

Old January 1st 08, 02:54 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

It would likely be a clearance issue if anything. That and you would
suffer a minor mileage penalty. If you are really in a position to need
the information, why not try asking in one of the Corvette forums where
there is likely a vendor who has set up one that way? And if you are
concerned about warranty issues, ask a couple Chevy dealers.

Old January 1st 08, 07:50 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Sarah Czepiel

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 01:13:22 -0800, "Lawrence Lugar"
> wrote:

:>just answer the question, if you know - thank you very much

Yes Lawrence, do.

And also what car do you own and drive?

:>"Sarah Czepiel" > wrote in message
. ..
:>> On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 23:34:08 -0800, "Lawrence Lugar"
:>> > wrote:
:>>
:>> :>i'm not really a car guy, in regards to the mechanical technicalites...
:>> :>

Old January 1st 08, 07:52 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Sarah Czepiel

On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 08:54:19 -0600, Bob I > wrote:

:>It would likely be a clearance issue if anything. That and you would
:>suffer a minor mileage penalty. If you are really in a position to need
:>the information, why not try asking in one of the Corvette forums where
:>there is likely a vendor who has set up one that way? And if you are
:>concerned about warranty issues, ask a couple Chevy dealers.

Lawrence knows he'll be picked apart on the Corvette forums faster
than a 16 lb cooked turkey.

:>Lawrence Lugar wrote:
:>> just answer the question, if you know - thank you very much
:>>
:>>
:>>
:>>
:>>
:>>
:>> "Sarah Czepiel" > wrote in message
:>> ...
:>>> On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 23:34:08 -0800, "Lawrence Lugar"
:>>> > wrote:
:>>>
:>>> :>i'm not really a car guy, in regards to the mechanical technicalites...
:>>> :>

Old January 1st 08, 10:56 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
CardsFan

"Sarah Czepiel" > wrote in message
news
> On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 08:54:19 -0600, Bob I > wrote:
>
> :>It would likely be a clearance issue if anything. That and you would
> :>suffer a minor mileage penalty. If you are really in a position to need
> :>the information, why not try asking in one of the Corvette forums where
> :>there is likely a vendor who has set up one that way? And if you are
> :>concerned about warranty issues, ask a couple Chevy dealers.
>
> Lawrence knows he'll be picked apart on the Corvette forums faster
> than a 16 lb cooked turkey.

So it turns out the guy who comes in here trumpeting a 147 hp/l Porsche
engine is "not really a car guy, in regards to the mechanical
technicalities". But I guess he can read a stats sheet. LOL.

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Old January 1st 08, 11:10 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Lawrence Lugar

lol - you're confusing what I'm asking with what's different.

any bozo can calculate horsepower/liter...but what I am asking now is
something a Corvette mechanic could only answer - which I'm not, that's why
i'm asking. and my question isn't revealed on a stats sheet.

....know the difference.

Old January 1st 08, 11:38 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Sarah Czepiel

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 15:10:53 -0800, "Lawrence Lugar"
> wrote:

:>lol - you're confusing what I'm asking with what's different.
:>
:>any bozo can calculate horsepower/liter...but what I am asking now is
:>something a Corvette mechanic could only answer - which I'm not, that's why
:>i'm asking. and my question isn't revealed on a stats sheet.
:>
:>...know the difference.

Silly boy. Folks routinely put Z06 wheels and tires on their C6's.
They aren't Corvette mechanics, and they hang out in the Corvette
forums.

I would be happy to answer your question Lawrence as soon as you
answer mine.

:>"CardsFan" > wrote
:>>>

Old January 2nd 08, 04:44 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
My Name Is Nobody

WHY?

Just go away.

"Lawrence Lugar" > wrote in message
> just answer the question, if you know - thank you very much
>

> "Sarah Czepiel" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 23:34:08 -0800, "Lawrence Lugar"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> :>i'm not really a car guy, in regards to the mechanical technicalites...
>> :>
>> :> http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/features/ Tires/Wheels section
>> :>
>> :>
>> :>
>> :>but my question is, is it ok to put the Z06 tires and wheels on a C6?
>> :>w/o any negative performance/reliability issues
>>
>> Why do you need to know?

Rods to Wheels 2007 #13 - 199x Corvette C4 & 2001 Corvette C5=KRM.jpg (1/1) 402596 bytes [email protected] Auto Photos 0 August 3rd 07 02:56 AM
FS: 5'er Snow Tires: Wheels and Tires Nik BMW 5 December 16th 05 12:36 AM
E46 wheels and tires Planar1 BMW 26 July 9th 05 12:48 PM
NEED wheels and tires jamesno BMW 2 October 28th 04 01:40 AM