audi a6 2.6 se 1995 heater problems

Old March 8th 07, 10:52 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default audi a6 2.6 se 1995 heater problems

hi
just wondering if anyone can help me out my heater has decided to only
blow out luke warm air and was working untill about a week ago.
when i first got the car the heater stopped blowing out any warm air
so i bled the matrix still nothing a couple of days later it started
working only the temperature was very hot on all of the settings apart
from low and when the air con is switched on now it has packed in
again ....aaaagggh if anyone has any tips please

Old March 9th 07, 08:52 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

On 8 Mar, 23:03, TonyJ > wrote:
> wrote:
> > hi
> > just wondering if anyone can help me out my heater has decided to only
> > blow out luke warm air and was working untill about a week ago.
> > when i first got the car the heater stopped blowing out any warm air
> > so i bled the matrix still nothing a couple of days later it started
> > working only the temperature was very hot on all of the settings apart
> > from low and when the air con is switched on now it has packed in
> > again ....aaaagggh if anyone has any tips please

> It could be a failed (open) thermostat but it seems that inoperative vent flaps
> are more likely the culprit. Not sure if you can pull codes on yours but you may
> want to check.
> Do you hear snapping and clicking from the dash when you change heater settings?

hi thanks for replying just found the codes to run diagnostic check
and you can hear an occasional snap noise like one of the vents is
shutting but i just assumed this was normal just going to out to out
to read any fault codes now thanks ian mac

e36 1995 heater control Kriznaft BMW 3 January 21st 07 12:15 AM
1995 525 heater permanently on Joe[_17_] BMW 3 November 17th 06 11:42 PM
1995 Odyssey- Heater Valve Larry B Honda 6 April 15th 06 07:33 PM
Heater Fan Problem 1995 Honda Civic EX 4 Dr fwabel Honda 1 February 12th 06 02:17 AM
Help!! 1995 Integra heater control jcoyne97222 Honda 0 January 15th 05 07:19 PM