YES! FINALLY!!!

Old June 26th 08, 04:24 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
SINNER

Default YES! FINALLY!!!

* E Meyer wrote in rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata:

>> On sections of I30 they are starting to keep trucks out of the left
>> lane, on the higgways in Jersey there is signage that desgnates left
>> lanes are for passing and I have seen cops ticket drivers for this.
>> In Texas, there are no signs which might help curb the problem if
>> theyd put some up.

> That's not true. The Interstates have signs in Texas. They used to
> say "slower traffic keep right". When they passed the "road rage"
> law, they changed them to "left lane for passing only". Look harder,
> they're out there. The only thing that will solve the problem will be
> enforcement though.

Been here almost 10 years and never seen one.

--
David
Old June 26th 08, 05:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
E Meyer

On 6/26/08 10:24 AM, in article
, "SINNER"
> wrote:

> * E Meyer wrote in rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata:
>
>>> On sections of I30 they are starting to keep trucks out of the left
>>> lane, on the higgways in Jersey there is signage that desgnates left
>>> lanes are for passing and I have seen cops ticket drivers for this.
>>> In Texas, there are no signs which might help curb the problem if
>>> theyd put some up.

>> That's not true. The Interstates have signs in Texas. They used to
>> say "slower traffic keep right". When they passed the "road rage"
>> law, they changed them to "left lane for passing only". Look harder,
>> they're out there. The only thing that will solve the problem will be
>> enforcement though.
>>

> Been here almost 10 years and never seen one.

I'll grant you they don't pepper the side of the road with them, but keep
looking, they are there. The stretch of interstate I drive most frequently,
I-45 from Dallas south to Navarro county has them every time the speed limit
changes and generally at each county line.

Old July 7th 08, 07:32 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck[_11_]

"you bring it right on down to the speed limit----"

Around here, that's a good way to get pulled over, with the cops thinking
you might be running drugs or illegals.
Never run exactly the speed limit. After all, in this state, except in
construction and a few other zones, only a state cop can write a ticket for
less than ten over. And they will not, unless you are doing something else
to gain attention. Other cops can be obnoxious, and stop you, hoping to find
something to complain about. Usually they will not, since it's not worth the
time and effort to chase you down for a minor infraction.

We have two local small towns that overlap the local interstate in a rural
area. They make tons of money by sitting just inside the town limits on the
interstate shoulders, and catching the unwary. It's really dumb, because
the city cops use the older radar systems that are always set to highway
(high power) mode, and don't have the instant on features that the state
uses. Just watch the trucks. If they slow down to 65-70, you can bet that
there is a radar trap just ahead.

"Calab" > wrote in message
> <snip>
>
>> gumballs in your rear-view, you bring it right on down to the speed
>> limit and not an iota above, and you steer like you've got your Granny
>> in the passenger seat with a basket of eggs on her lap. You don't give
>> them any excuse to pull you over and while away an hour or two of their
>> paid time and your unpaid time while they inspect and interrogate you
>> like they saw your name on the FBI top ten most wanted list. You slow
>> down and drive straight.

> <snip>
>
> Uhm... why wouldn't you already be driving legally in the first place?

Finally got a 5.0 !!! [email protected] Ford Mustang 2 March 25th 06 09:34 PM
Finally! JohnH Driving 16 July 30th 05 12:08 AM
Finally :-D Arif Khokar Driving 0 March 6th 05 02:38 AM
Finally -- GTP David G Fisher Simulators 3 January 20th 05 06:32 PM
Finally.. Thomas Strandtoft Alfa Romeo 34 September 16th 04 09:24 PM