trunk/boot liner removal help req

Old March 18th 07, 03:52 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
TwoBells

Default trunk/boot liner removal help req

Hey All

I have a 1999 A4 manual and need to get behind the number plate [the intense
heat has melted the fixative that held it in place. and needs a pair of
self-tappers] anyway, I cannot seem to find out what is holding the furry
trunk/boot liner in place.
I've removed the screws but the handle recesses refuse to release allowing
the liner to come away..

Any help would be greatfully received.

tb

--
"El sueno de la razon produce monstruo"

[Goya 1796]

Old March 18th 07, 06:44 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Bundy

"TwoBells" > wrote
> Hey All
>
> I have a 1999 A4 manual and need to get behind the number plate [the

intense
> heat has melted the fixative that held it in place. and needs a pair of
> self-tappers] anyway, I cannot seem to find out what is holding the furry
> trunk/boot liner in place.
> I've removed the screws but the handle recesses refuse to release allowing
> the liner to come away..
>
> Any help would be greatfully received.
>
> tb

For a normal model (no avant):

Removing holder for warning triangle.
Remove bolt -1- (2x).
Unscrew bolts -2- (12x) (flock-coated in same colour as lining) and detach
trim.

The bolt -1- is in/behind the handgrip located on the right side of the
trim.

Hope this helps.

The_Al

Old March 19th 07, 02:26 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
TwoBells

Thanks v much for your help.
I was able to remove it easily once I realised the warning sign holder
needed removing.

On other matters I noticed that when I throttled down off the motorway I had
lost a lot of power.
Almost as though the car wasn't running on all its cylinders, I could even
floor it and only get a little acceleration.
However, after stopping and driving later than evening the power returned.
It seems connected to longish drives at high power causes the problem.

regards

tb

Old March 19th 07, 07:54 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Bundy

"TwoBells" > wrote
> Thanks v much for your help.
> I was able to remove it easily once I realised the warning sign holder
> needed removing.
>
> On other matters I noticed that when I throttled down off the motorway I

had
> lost a lot of power.
> Almost as though the car wasn't running on all its cylinders, I could even
> floor it and only get a little acceleration.
> However, after stopping and driving later than evening the power returned.
> It seems connected to longish drives at high power causes the problem.
>
> regards
>
> tb

What kind of engine does your car have?

Sounds like the engine went into a safe running mode. If this happens (due
to some engine problem) the ECU limits the power of the engine. The best
(easiest) is to let the car checked at some dealer.

The_Al