AUDI 1997 A4 - STALLING WHILE IDLING

Old November 7th 06, 08:44 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
car-car

Default AUDI 1997 A4 - STALLING WHILE IDLING

I have this problem only in the winter when the weather is cold. My 1997 A4
Quattro stalls only when I come to a stop or press the clutch.

I fixed this problem before at the dealer, but it is back.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how much it would cost?

Thanks.

Old November 7th 06, 10:43 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
dave AKA vwdoc1[_1_]

Did the engine check light come on?
Might be the Throttle Body needs cleaning out. If you clean it about $6 for
the TB cleaner.

lkaboutautos.com...

Old November 8th 06, 03:35 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
car-car

No, the engine light does not come on.

Any other suggestions??

Old November 10th 06, 11:31 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
dave AKA vwdoc1[_1_]

what did you check?
what have you done lately to the vehicle? engine service maybe?

lkaboutautos.com...

Old December 12th 06, 09:25 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
mike-ct

I’m having the exact same stalling problem. Have you figured out the
cause?

Thanks.

"car-car" wrote:
> I have this problem only in the winter when the weather is
> cold. My 1997 A4
> Quattro stalls only when I come to a stop or press the clutch.
>
> I fixed this problem before at the dealer, but it is back.
>
> Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how much it would
> cost?
>
> Thanks.

Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact author/report abuse
Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/1997-A4-ST...ict193531.html

Old December 16th 06, 06:02 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Alec

"mike-ct" > wrote in message
news:950195_f9c06647596d5f09c476cb68e1be470b@autob oardz.com...
> I'm having the exact same stalling problem. Have you figured out the
> cause?

Clean the throttle body

Old March 19th 07, 03:33 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dick Harder

No clean the battery cable that goes to the computer.