'01 LW300 groaning

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 7th 11, 05:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Ned Flanders[_2_]

Default '01 LW300 groaning

Oppie wrote:
> "Ned Flanders" > wrote in message
>> Sounds like a great way to spend the Labor Day weekend or as we say in
>> Canada Labour Day!
>>
>> Good luck on the alternator!

> Unlike the tensioner and water pump that were in the $50 range, the
> alternator is coming up as $215 plus core charge. <sigh>
> Alternator is tucked way under the engine toward the rear. Don't even
> know yet how difficult it is to get to. Shop manual didn't give much
> information. I remember what a royal pain getting to the starter motor
> was when the solenoid had fried (5 years ago).
>
> The other good thing I forgot to mention is that while I had the timing
> belt housing off to get to the water pump, I could see that the timing
> belt and all the idlers were in good shape and well tensioned. I'll give
> it another look next year.
>
> ... I thought in Canada, it was Labrador day...
> Where in Canada are you?
>
> My son had permanently 'borrowed' my torque wrench. Went up the street
> to one of the new neighbors to borrow his. They just moved in from
> Germany and he works with Lufthansa at Kennedy Airport in NYC. He was
> proudly telling me about Opel and how they designed the L-series.

Ah, I miss messing with my car... The new one (2008 VUE) is still under
the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty, my old one 1991 Mustang was taken
from me suddenly 2 and 1/2 years ago. She was T-Boned in an intersection
buy a guy who ran a red light (she did not suffer).

Unfortunately I did not fare so well and getting up and down to work
under a car has gotten to be a challenge.

The warranty will expire near the end of this year due to mileage (I use
the VUE for work) so I am not sure if I will be working on it or looking
for a good cheap mechanic.

I was born, raised, and currently live in the Vancouver area of BC.
Costs an arm and a leg to live here, but I would not live any other place...

Steering wheel groaning Harry Lockwood[_2_] BMW 6 June 11th 08 06:34 PM
source of groaning noise? Robert Reynolds Chrysler 4 June 12th 07 03:19 PM
Steering Column Groaning RZ Dodge 1 February 17th 06 09:43 AM
01 GTI groaning noise while steering YYZedd VW water cooled 1 October 26th 05 04:09 PM
'95 Voyager 4-spd - groaning noise Jeff Wieland Chrysler 6 August 30th 05 07:28 AM