2005 Butt-Ugly Mustang

Old November 8th 04, 03:07 AM
GEB

Default 2005 Butt-Ugly Mustang

Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer wrote:
> Ford really helped GM by bringing out this ugly Mustang. The new Pontiac GTO greatly outclasses the retro Mustang.
>
> One Who Knows

Come back at the end of the year when the year end sales figures are
out, and tell us that again! I'd be willing to bet the Mustang out sells
the GTO, just like it out sold the butt ugly Camaro. At least Ford
stayed with the Mustang body lines, and not re-badge some other piece of
crap to help sell them.

Gary
Old November 8th 04, 05:08 AM
RowdyRebel

"Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer" > wrote
in message ...
> Ford really helped GM by bringing out this ugly Mustang. The new Pontiac
> GTO greatly outclasses the retro Mustang.
>
> One Who Knows

troll...

Old November 8th 04, 05:31 AM

lmao

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

Old November 8th 04, 07:01 AM
p51d007

Trolling?

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 02:44:26 +0100 (CET), Anonymous via the

Old November 8th 04, 11:24 PM
Wound Up

One who thinks the Grand Am-like GTO is more exciting than the new
Mustang prefers Manilow to Korn.

Old November 9th 04, 01:32 AM
V'ger

One who just bought the WRONG make and model and is taking it out on
the make and model they should have bought!!!!

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:24:38 GMT, Wound Up
> wrote:

>One who thinks the Grand Am-like GTO is more exciting than the new
>Mustang prefers Manilow to Korn.
>
>Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer wrote:
>> Ford really helped GM by bringing out this ugly Mustang. The new Pontiac GTO greatly outclasses the retro Mustang.
>>
>> One Who Knows

Entering into the unknown, V'ger seeks information
used to maintain his Vintage Burgundy 1965 Ford
Mustang 2+2 w/289 ci 4v oem A Code V8, C4 Trans,
16x8" Vintage 40 wheels, with BF Goodrich gForce
T/A 225/50ZR16 tires, American Racing "Mustang"
Centercaps, and a whole lot of other stuff; )
Old November 9th 04, 01:40 AM
Wound Up

More likely. I think my comparison is silly. I should have thought of
better examples. Oh well, I'm too apathetic to be very clever.

I don't know about you, but I'm getting damned tired of all these "05
Mustang styling" threads. OK, we get it; some like it, some don't.
Another loser tries to start a flame war. What fun.

Hardware excluded, I still look at that silver GTO every single day when
I pass that house, and think, "I hope they make it more EXCITING" next year.

Old November 9th 04, 03:27 AM
Stuart&Janet

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Once a GM executive called the original Mustang a
"Hamtramck Falcon" ( which was not a compliment BTW) Needless to say, he wasn't laughing
very long was he?
If you don't like the styling then bully for you. It is purely subjective, like you
arguing about what my favourite colour is. Regardless of whether you like it or not, it
will still be my favourite colour now won't it?

I for one am glad it isn't just another melted bar of soap like so many other "sport
coupes". It actually looks like a Mustang. Just about any Japanese car's styling puts me
to sleep.

If I have one criticism to level at the new Mustang's styling is that they didn't put a
"coke bottle" bulge on the rear fender. I like cars to have a delineation there to give
them a broader shouldered look. Well Ford will need to do things in future years to
"update(?)" the looks so maybe I'll get my wish.

As for the GTO. Best Grand Am I've ever seen. Too bad no secretaries will buy one to keep
the sales figures healthy. Maybe Pontiac can slag some tacky body cladding on it. Yawn.
StuK

Old November 9th 04, 03:41 AM
Wound Up

So then you've driven an 03 Cobra? That's not what we're talking about.
And it's 390, anyway.

Old November 9th 04, 03:43 AM
Wound Up

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:24:38 GMT, Wound Up
> > wrote:
>

>>One who thinks the Grand Am-like GTO is more exciting than the new
>>Mustang prefers Manilow to Korn.

> No Way, Jose -
>
> I find 400HP way more exciting than 300HP.

2005 545i vs 2005 A6 4.2 Seth Brundle Audi 36 February 22nd 05 03:32 PM
New Mustang Looking Boss! Patrick Ford Mustang 6 December 3rd 04 06:06 PM
2005 S4 Cab Flyboy Audi 0 November 23rd 04 08:35 PM
FS: "1968 Ford Mustang GT500" Press-Sheet Litho J.R. Sinclair General 0 August 26th 04 05:15 AM
2005 S4 Cabriolet Newbie Ramzi Nassar Audi 4 August 7th 04 10:35 PM