Now that I got both motor mounts replaced, The clunking is stillthere

Old June 23rd 09, 10:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
kohlrabi_croce

Default Now that I got both motor mounts replaced, The clunking is stillthere

Hi all,

going back to this thread:

http://tinyurl.com/nrs987

I now have both the upper motor mount and the transmission (lower)
mount replaced.
It's still clunking. I read somewhere that maybe it could also be the
dome bolts.

I tried to find dome bolts, but could not find that kind of part.
Could it also be
called something else?

The problem could not be the bolts on the upper motor mount, because
that mount
did not come with any bolts, so the mechanic had to sue whatever bolts
the car
already had.

I had the upper motor mount replaced first, and it held for about 3
weeks, but
that was it.

So if anybody knows what else these dome bolts could be called, maybe
I can
buy them somewhere.

Thanks!
Old June 24th 09, 12:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
phil[_3_]

On Jun 23, 4:39*pm, kohlrabi_croce > wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> going back to this thread:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/nrs987
>
> I now have both the upper motor mount and the transmission (lower)
> mount replaced.
> It's still clunking. I read somewhere that maybe it could also be the
> dome bolts.
>
> I tried to find dome bolts, but could not find that kind of part.
> Could it also be
> called something else?
>
> The problem could not be the bolts on the upper motor mount, because
> that mount
> did not come with any bolts, so the mechanic had to sue whatever bolts
> the car
> already had.
>
> I had the upper motor mount replaced first, and it held for about 3
> weeks, but
> that was it.
>
> So if anybody knows what else these dome bolts could be called, maybe
> I can
> buy them somewhere.
>
> Thanks!

when my satur had badd motor mounts it was more of a buzz sound with
the engine running and was louder when it was cool out. The buzz was
pretty much constant.
When I had a clunking sound, either driving down the road or going
over bumps it turned out to be the front upper strut mounts. All went
away once I changed the struts and mounts. If you do your own struts
and mounts get the upper mounts that are more expensive and
warranteed. I bought the cheap mounts nce just to replace them within
6 months which is a real pitat being that you need to remove the strut
and spring to replace them. My son messed up his new upper mounts by
driving through real loose sand and it got up in the bearings.
Phil
Old June 28th 09, 01:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
kohlrabi_croce

On Jun 24, 4:06*am, phil > wrote:
> On Jun 23, 4:39*pm, kohlrabi_croce > wrote:
>

> > Hi all,

> > going back to this thread:

> >http://tinyurl.com/nrs987

> > I now have both the upper motor mount and the transmission (lower)
> > mount replaced.
> > It's still clunking. I read somewhere that maybe it could also be the
> > dome bolts.

> > I tried to find dome bolts, but could not find that kind of part.
> > Could it also be
> > called something else?

> > The problem could not be the bolts on the upper motor mount, because
> > that mount
> > did not come with any bolts, so the mechanic had to sue whatever bolts
> > the car
> > already had.

> > I had the upper motor mount replaced first, and it held for about 3
> > weeks, but
> > that was it.

> > So if anybody knows what else these dome bolts could be called, maybe
> > I can
> > buy them somewhere.

> > Thanks!

> when my satur had badd motor mounts it was more of a buzz sound with
> the engine running and was louder when it was cool out. The buzz was
> pretty much constant.
> When I had a clunking sound, either driving down the road or going
> over bumps it turned out to be the front upper strut mounts. All went
> away once I changed the struts and mounts. If you do your own struts
> and mounts get the upper mounts that are more expensive and
> warranteed. I bought the cheap mounts nce just to replace them within
> 6 months which is a real pitat being that you need to remove the strut
> and spring to replace them. My son messed up his new upper mounts by
> driving through real loose sand and it got up in the bearings.
> Phil

So then I need buy two strut mounts, right?
Old July 6th 09, 12:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
phil[_3_]

On Jun 27, 7:01*pm, kohlrabi_croce > wrote:
> On Jun 24, 4:06*am, phil > wrote:
>

> > On Jun 23, 4:39*pm, kohlrabi_croce > wrote:

> > > Hi all,

> > > going back to this thread:

> > >http://tinyurl.com/nrs987

> > > I now have both the upper motor mount and the transmission (lower)
> > > mount replaced.
> > > It's still clunking. I read somewhere that maybe it could also be the
> > > dome bolts.

> > > I tried to find dome bolts, but could not find that kind of part.
> > > Could it also be
> > > called something else?

> > > The problem could not be the bolts on the upper motor mount, because
> > > that mount
> > > did not come with any bolts, so the mechanic had to sue whatever bolts
> > > the car
> > > already had.

> > > I had the upper motor mount replaced first, and it held for about 3
> > > weeks, but
> > > that was it.

> > > So if anybody knows what else these dome bolts could be called, maybe
> > > I can
> > > buy them somewhere.

> > > Thanks!

> > when my satur had badd motor mounts it was more of a buzz sound with
> > the engine running and was louder when it was cool out. The buzz was
> > pretty much constant.
> > When I had a clunking sound, either driving down the road or going
> > over bumps it turned out to be the front upper strut mounts. All went
> > away once I changed the struts and mounts. If you do your own struts
> > and mounts get the upper mounts that are more expensive and
> > warranteed. I bought the cheap mounts nce just to replace them within
> > 6 months which is a real pitat being that you need to remove the strut
> > and spring to replace them. My son messed up his new upper mounts by
> > driving through real loose sand and it got up in the bearings.
> > Phil

> So then I need buy two strut mounts, right?- Hide quoted text -

like brakes you should always replace both sides. Did you try pushing
te car up and down to simulate the sound?

Motor mounts for '93 626? Where to buy? Noozer Technology 3 July 7th 07 10:53 PM
Motor Mounts duckbill Honda 2 April 1st 06 05:36 AM
Motor Mounts gazelle Jeep 7 September 16th 05 03:12 PM
Motor mounts? Lucifer VW water cooled 2 May 4th 05 02:18 PM
Motor Mounts Eric Jeep 2 December 16th 04 07:21 PM