ok i'm buying a 2001 GT convertable

Old May 20th 05, 12:36 AM
Defiant

Default ok i'm buying a 2001 GT convertable

hopefully if everything goes ok and if I don't change my mind by Monday I'm
buying a 2001 Mustang GT convertible, flowmasters, cold air intake, color is
a firemist red, (right color name I think) leather,auto, 6 disc CD, car
seems to run really well, 62,000 miles on it. for 13,300 the owner is
selling it because he wants a stick Z-28 .
car drives and handles very well and rides ok. for some reason it runs much
better and faster than the 2002 mustang GT Stick I drove last week, this car
is much faster don't know what the deal is there.

only one problem that I have found and the guy and I have worked that out is
the left rear window sometimes goes out. had this same problem with my 92
and just had to replace the motor and it's not that big of a deal I've done
it before and can do it again. takes about an hour to do.

I'll let you guys know if I decide to get it Monday or not and try to post
pics if and when I do.

Oh and if anyone wants a autocheck run for the next 60 days send me the VIN
and I'll run it for you.
you will have to post it here and I'll post back as I have my email server
setup to only accept mail from authorized users only, less Spam that way.

--
Defiant

Defiant Till the end

Old May 20th 05, 01:20 PM
SVTKate

"Defiant" > wrote in message
| hopefully if everything goes ok and if I don't change my mind by Monday
I'm
| buying a 2001 Mustang GT convertible, flowmasters, cold air intake, color
is
| a firemist red, (right color name I think) leather,auto, 6 disc CD, car
| seems to run really well, 62,000 miles on it. for 13,300 the owner is
| selling it because he wants a stick Z-28 .

All of the above means he has prolly run the ASS of this Mustang and still
isn't satisfied whth what it has to offer.
But what the hell.

| car drives and handles very well and rides ok. for some reason it runs
much
| better and faster than the 2002 mustang GT Stick I drove last week, this
car
| is much faster don't know what the deal is there.

Like a floosey on Ladies Night?
There must be SOME reason. Are you sure he told you everything he has done
to it? Maybe the other car was a turd.

| only one problem that I have found and the guy and I have worked that out
is
| the left rear window sometimes goes out. had this same problem with my 92
| and just had to replace the motor and it's not that big of a deal I've
done
| it before and can do it again. takes about an hour to do.
|
| I'll let you guys know if I decide to get it Monday or not and try to post
| pics if and when I do.
|
| Oh and if anyone wants a autocheck run for the next 60 days send me the
VIN
| and I'll run it for you.
| you will have to post it here and I'll post back as I have my email server
| setup to only accept mail from authorized users only, less Spam that way.

Good luck to you... hope it turns out to be a good-un!

Kate

Old May 21st 05, 01:20 AM
Defiant

well **** that didn't work...D
oh well.
Defiant
"Defiant" > wrote in message

> > All of the above means he has prolly run the ASS of this Mustang and

still
> > isn't satisfied whth what it has to offer.
> > But what the hell.

> well maybe, but he's only had it 3 months, he's said he was just not
> satisfied with a stang.(that in itself kinda worries me) found out he had

> 00 Z-28 and wrecked it, then bought this car and now he's got this 99 Z-28
> 6 speed and can't afford both.
> but I'm also partial to Pontiacs and have sold several other cars just
> because I wanted another Trans Am.
>
> > Like a floosey on Ladies Night?
> > There must be SOME reason. Are you sure he told you everything he has

done
> > to it? Maybe the other car was a turd.

> that was my thoughts as well.
> >

> .
> > |

> > Good luck to you... hope it turns out to be a good-un!

> here's the auto check i ran on it.
> sorry for the HTML for those of you that have problems with that

stuff.only
> really odd one is the mileage and duplicate title deal but i'm gonna get
> that checked out before i buy the car.
> Defiant
>

> Your AutoCheck Vehicle History Report
>

> The vehicle identification number you submitted has been
> analyzed and summary information on your car is shown below.
>

> Report Run Date: 05/19/2005
> Vehicle Description: 1FAFP45X61F220136
> TitleCheck: No Record Found
> Problem Check: No Record Found
> Odometer Check: Record(s) Found
> Vehicle Information: Record(s) Found
> Full History: Record(s) Found
>

> Vehicle Description | TitleCheck | ProblemCheck | OdometerCheck |
> Vehicle Information | Full History
>
> VIN: 1FAFP45X61F220136
> Year: 2001
> Make: Ford
> Model: Mustang GT
> Style/Body: 2 Door Convertible
> Engine: 4.6L V8 EFI SOHC
> Country of Assembly: United States
>

> Vehicle Description | TitleCheck | ProblemCheck | OdometerCheck |
> Vehicle Information | Full History
>

> Your Vehicle Checks Out! AutoCheck's database for this

2001
> Ford Mustang GT (1FAFP45X61F220136) show no significant Title events. When
> found, events often indicate past automotive damage or warnings associated
> with the vehicle title.
>

> Problems Checked Results Found
> Abandoned No Abandoned Record Found
> Damaged No Damaged Record Found
> Fire Damage No Fire Damage Record Found
> Grey Market No Grey Market Record Found
> Hail Damage No Hail Damage Record Found
> Insurance Loss No Insurance Loss Record Found
> Junk No Junk Record Found
> Rebuilt/Rebuildable No Rebuilt/Rebuildable Record Found
> Salvage No Salvage Record Found
>

> Vehicle Description | TitleCheck | ProblemCheck | OdometerCheck |
> Vehicle Information | Full History
>

> Your Vehicle Checks Out! AutoCheck's database for this

2001
> Ford Mustang GT (1FAFP45X61F220136) shows no historical events that

indicate
> a significant automotive problem. These problems can indicate previous car
> damage, theft, or other significant problem.
>

> Problems Checked Results Found
> NHTSA Crash Test Vehicle No NHTSA Crash Test Record Found
> Frame Damage No Frame Damage Record Found
> Major Damage Incident No Major Damage Record Found
> Manufacturer Buyback/Lemon No Manufacturer Buyback/Lemon
> Record Found
> Odometer Problem No Odometer Problem Record Found
> Recycled No Recycled Record Found
> Salvage Auction No Salvage Auction Record Found
> Water Damage No Water Damage Record Found
>

> Vehicle Description | TitleCheck | ProblemCheck | OdometerCheck |
> Vehicle Information | Full History
>

> A possible odometer rollback/rollover detected! We
> determine odometer rollbacks on your 2001 Ford Mustang GT
> (1FAFP45X61F220136) by searching for records that indicate an odometer
> reading less than a previously reported value.
>

> Report Date: 05/19/2005
> Date Reported Odometer Reading
> 08/27/2001 4
> 06/13/2002 5,338
> 07/25/2002 150 Possible Odometer Rollback/Rollover
>
> 11/09/2004 55,525
> 03/15/2005 60,000
>

> Vehicle Description | TitleCheck | ProblemCheck | OdometerCheck |
> Vehicle Information | Full History
>

> Information Found! AutoCheck found additional information
> on this vehicle. These records will provide you with more past history for
> this 2001 Ford Mustang GT (1FAFP45X61F220136).
>

> Problems Checked Results Found
> Accident Data No Accidents Reported Through State Agencies

Or
> Independent Sources
> Corrected Title No Corrected Title Record Found
> Driver Education No Driver Education Record Found
> Duplicate Title Duplicate Title Record(s) Found
> Emission/Safety Inspection No Emission/Safety Inspection
> Record Found
> Fire Damage Incident No Fire Damage Incident Record Found
> Lease No Lease Record Found
> Lien Lien Record(s) Found
> Livery Use No Livery Use Record Found
> Government Use No Government Use Record Found
> Police Use No Police Use Record Found
> Rental/Fleet No Rental/Fleet Record Found
> Repossessed No Repossessed Record Found
> Taxi Use No Taxi Use Record Found
> Theft No Theft Record Found
>

> Vehicle Description | TitleCheck | ProblemCheck | OdometerCheck |
> Vehicle Information | Full History
>
> Below are the historical events for this vehicle listed

in
> chronological order. Any discrepancies will be in bold text.
>
> Report Run Date: 05/19/2005
> VIN: 1FAFP45X61F220136 2001 Ford Mustang GT
>

> Event Date Event Location Odometer Reading Data Source

Event
> Detail
> 08/16/2001 DEARBORN HEIGHTS, MI Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE
> (Title #:804M2180032)
> 08/27/2001 SOUTHWEST REGION 4 Auto Auction REPORTED AT

AUTO
> AUCTION
> 06/13/2002 SOUTHWEST REGION 5,338 Auto Auction REPORTED AT
> AUTO AUCTION
> 07/25/2002 ELK CITY, OK 150 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE

(Title

Old May 21st 05, 03:59 AM
Richard

I'll bet it's only a recording error. Probably missing first digit 6 or 7
(6150 or 7150). Only a month and a week apart for the two events.

--
Richard

'94 GT 'vert
Under Drive Pulleys
Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
High Stall Torque Converter
4:10 Gears
Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded)
FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft
FRPP M5400-A Suspension
Laser Red

Old May 21st 05, 03:13 PM
John C.

"Defiant" > wrote in message

> A possible odometer rollback/rollover detected! We
> determine odometer rollbacks on your 2001 Ford Mustang GT
> (1FAFP45X61F220136) by searching for records that indicate an odometer
> reading less than a previously reported value.
>

> Report Date: 05/19/2005
> Date Reported Odometer Reading
> 08/27/2001 4
> 06/13/2002 5,338
> 07/25/2002 150 Possible Odometer Rollback/Rollover
>
> 11/09/2004 55,525
> 03/15/2005 60,000

Looks like someone left the trip odometer on.
--
John C.
'03 Cobra Convt.

Old May 21st 05, 03:31 PM
Defiant

"John C." > wrote in message

> "Defiant" > wrote in message
> >
> > A possible odometer rollback/rollover detected! We
> > determine odometer rollbacks on your 2001 Ford Mustang GT
> > (1FAFP45X61F220136) by searching for records that indicate an odometer
> > reading less than a previously reported value.
> >

> > Report Date: 05/19/2005
> > Date Reported Odometer Reading
> > 08/27/2001 4
> > 06/13/2002 5,338
> > 07/25/2002 150 Possible Odometer Rollback/Rollover
> >
> > 11/09/2004 55,525
> > 03/15/2005 60,000
> >

> Looks like someone left the trip odometer on.
> --
> John C.
> '03 Cobra Convt.

you know that is a good point, i hadn't thought about that. still wonder
about the duplicate title thing but i'm sure it's just a paper work foul up.
the car is financed locally right now. i'm gonna call the local ford
dealership Monday morning and see if there are any TSB's on this car and see
if my buddy that works there might be able to pull up and info on this car.
Defiant

"Al Qaeda" does not exist Awake BMW 64 March 10th 05 12:25 PM
Flasher ? for 2001 up/Led Taillights Intergate Jeep 7 February 15th 05 08:00 PM
Taking The Haggling Out Of Buying That New '05 Auto Azam Chrysler 0 January 15th 05 07:15 AM
need advise on buying a used 2001 Audi A6 2.7T- HELP JMurph Audi 7 October 4th 04 01:27 AM
2001 Audi A6...Buying Advice Z Audi 2 July 16th 04 04:04 PM