Drive shaft questions

Old December 8th 04, 04:00 AM
HomeBrewer

Default Drive shaft questions

I'm installing a t176 soon and will need new driveshafts. My rear pinion is
pointing slightly under the t-case output at the moment, but might change
with the new tranny. Either way, I'm going to get a tom woods ds made.

--
_____________________
HomeBrewer

Old December 30th 04, 03:24 PM
HomeBrewer

Tom Woods recommended that I get the double cardan and point the pinion on
the rear end just below the transfer case ( I have a HEFTY traction bar that
keeps the rear from wrapping under acceleration). I will have to change the
output yoke on the dana 300. They sell the required yoke for $60. The booted
driveshaft was $329 and Until Dec 31st they have a 10% off deal going. They
custom made the drive shaft with 1310 u joints at the dana 300 end and 1350
u joints at the rear pinion so I would not need the "*******" u joint
anymore. Now I just need the 176 shifter fixed and the dana 300s seals
replaced and I can put it all together.

--
HomeBrewer

Clutch Questions Jeff Strickland BMW 5 December 14th 04 11:45 PM
A-4 drive shaft replacement Rob Alward Audi 3 November 15th 04 03:18 PM
Drive shaft advice needed landvest Audi 1 October 4th 04 07:50 PM
Kia Sorento vs Escape/Tribute questions... Greg 4x4 8 June 30th 04 11:18 AM