Fuel comparison charts

Old June 29th 13, 03:29 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
Dean Hoffman[_4_]

Default Fuel comparison charts

On 6/27/13 9:16 PM, RBM wrote:

> I think this stuff is just the only successful technology currently
> available that meets the EPA standards for diesels. It doesn't matter
> who the manufacturer is, all diesel trucks in the U.S. made after 2010
> have the same stuff strapped on to them.

This new crap is even showing up on farm equipment and irrigation
power units. It might make sense to limit emissions on city buses, but
on farm equipment?

Old June 29th 13, 03:32 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
.[_13_]

Old June 29th 13, 03:38 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
Dean Hoffman[_4_]

On 6/28/13 9:32 PM, . wrote:
> "Dean Hoffman" "> wrote in message
>> On 6/27/13 9:16 PM, RBM wrote:
>>
>>> I think this stuff is just the only successful technology currently
>>> available that meets the EPA standards for diesels. It doesn't matter
>>> who the manufacturer is, all diesel trucks in the U.S. made after 2010
>>> have the same stuff strapped on to them.

>> This new crap is even showing up on farm equipment and irrigation power
>> units. It might make sense to limit emissions on city buses, but on farm
>> equipment?

> It MIGHT make sense to limit emissions on city buses?

Depends on the trade offs.

The U.S. government keeps increasing the fuel mileage standards, for
example. Vehicles are being made lighter as a result. How many more
people are killed or injured because of that? Suppose we had vehicles
sturdily built like the ones from the 50s 60s with modern safety
features?
Old June 29th 13, 04:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
Richard[_21_]

16 year-old Evie Sobczak from St. Petersburg, Florida has engineered a
new method of turning algae into biofuel. She determined a novel and
more efficient way to grow the organisms, extract oil, and use the
product as biodiesel. Her method uses no chemicals, and creates 20
percent more oil than current technologies. Her efforts won her first
place at Intel’s International Science and Engineering Fair.

(more)
<http://www.inhabitots.com/16-year-old-develops-cleaner-more-efficient-method-of-creating-biofuel/>
Old June 29th 13, 08:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
Gunner Asch[_2_]

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 22:55:54 -0500, Richard >
wrote:

> 16 year-old Evie Sobczak from St. Petersburg, Florida has engineered a
>new method of turning algae into biofuel. She determined a novel and
>more efficient way to grow the organisms, extract oil, and use the
>product as biodiesel. Her method uses no chemicals, and creates 20
>percent more oil than current technologies. Her efforts won her first
>place at Intel’s International Science and Engineering Fair.
>
>(more)
><http://www.inhabitots.com/16-year-old-develops-cleaner-more-efficient-method-of-creating-biofuel/>

Cool! Another Marie Curie!!

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
Old June 29th 13, 01:12 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
The Daring Dufas[_3_]

On 6/28/2013 9:38 PM, Dean Hoffman > wrote:
> On 6/28/13 9:32 PM, . wrote:

>>> This new crap is even showing up on farm equipment and irrigation
>>> power
>>> units. It might make sense to limit emissions on city buses, but on
>>> farm
>>> equipment?

>> It MIGHT make sense to limit emissions on city buses?
>>

> Depends on the trade offs.
>
> The U.S. government keeps increasing the fuel mileage standards, for
> example. Vehicles are being made lighter as a result. How many more
> people are killed or injured because of that? Suppose we had vehicles
> sturdily built like the ones from the 50s 60s with modern safety features?

"The Law Of unintended Results" It's what happens when Congress designs
anything and imposes by law, impossible or insanely difficult to
implement standards. The "Won't Flush Toilets" were one of plumbing
fixtures designed by Congress. ^_^

TDD
Old June 29th 13, 01:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
The Daring Dufas[_3_]

On 6/28/2013 10:55 PM, Richard wrote:
> 16 year-old Evie Sobczak from St. Petersburg, Florida has engineered a
> new method of turning algae into biofuel. She determined a novel and
> more efficient way to grow the organisms, extract oil, and use the
> product as biodiesel. Her method uses no chemicals, and creates 20
> percent more oil than current technologies. Her efforts won her first
> place at Intel’s International Science and Engineering Fair.
>
> (more)
> <http://www.inhabitots.com/16-year-old-develops-cleaner-more-efficient-method-of-creating-biofuel/>

What a fantastic kid, I hope she doesn't burn out at a young age and
goes on to develop more brilliant solutions to problems facing the
World. ^_^

TDD
Old June 29th 13, 04:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
pyotr filipivich

technomaNge > on Fri, 28 Jun 2013 21:02:26 -0500 typed in
rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
>On 06/28/2013 06:26 PM, pyotr filipivich wrote:
>

>>> That was my point. OTOH, you could render enough fat from the
>>> shiftless slobs to power at least one percent. ;-)

>> Hmm, there's a new "energy source".
>>

>Soylent Green Diesel is people!

No it's not - iz made from Lieberuls. They just look like
Peoples.
--
pyotr filipivich
Old June 29th 13, 10:54 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
Bob F

The Daring Dufas wrote:
> On 6/28/2013 9:38 PM, Dean Hoffman > wrote:

>>> It MIGHT make sense to limit emissions on city buses?
>>>

>> Depends on the trade offs.
>>
>> The U.S. government keeps increasing the fuel mileage standards,
>> for example. Vehicles are being made lighter as a result. How
>> many more people are killed or injured because of that? Suppose we
>> had vehicles sturdily built like the ones from the 50s 60s with
>> modern safety features?

> "The Law Of unintended Results" It's what happens when Congress
> designs anything and imposes by law, impossible or insanely difficult
> to implement standards. The "Won't Flush Toilets" were one of plumbing
> fixtures designed by Congress. ^_^

My car is safer, and my toilet works just fine, better than the old one I
replaced. Thank you congress.

Old June 29th 13, 11:09 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
The Daring Dufas[_3_]

On 6/29/2013 4:54 PM, Bob F wrote:
> The Daring Dufas wrote:

>>> Depends on the trade offs.
>>>
>>> The U.S. government keeps increasing the fuel mileage standards,
>>> for example. Vehicles are being made lighter as a result. How
>>> many more people are killed or injured because of that? Suppose we
>>> had vehicles sturdily built like the ones from the 50s 60s with
>>> modern safety features?

>> "The Law Of unintended Results" It's what happens when Congress
>> designs anything and imposes by law, impossible or insanely difficult
>> to implement standards. The "Won't Flush Toilets" were one of plumbing
>> fixtures designed by Congress. ^_^

> My car is safer, and my toilet works just fine, better than the old one I
> replaced. Thank you congress.

We have one of the first ones to come out and it's a horror story. It
takes two to three flushes to clear it. My friend GB on the other hand
had one of the toilets containing a pressure tank and the thing will
geld you if you flush it while seated on the throne. My 63 Dodge was
safe because anyone seeing it coming got the heck out of my way. ^_^

TDD