Plymouth Fury

Old August 27th 04, 04:07 PM
Harry K

Default Plymouth Fury

Saw this one in 1985 inside a closed garage, also saw it still there
last week. AFAIK it has not been moved since 1985. Owned by old
farmer who was using a truck for tranportation, he died recently. I
have only seen this one from the rear end through the garage door.
Covered with decades of dust, didn't see any damage on the little bit
I could see of it.

Belongs to the estate of

"Bud" Mohr (not his real first name) of Colfax, WA.

Harry K
Old August 29th 04, 08:59 AM
ThaDriver

>Saw this one in 1985 inside a closed garage, also saw it still there
last week. AFAIK it has not been moved since 1985. Owned by old
farmer who was using a truck for tranportation, he died recently. I
have only seen this one from the rear end through the garage door.
Covered with decades of dust, didn't see any damage on the little bit
I could see of it.
*********
Did you have a question?
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Old August 30th 04, 03:22 AM
Harry K

"ThaDriver" > wrote in message alkaboutautos.com>...
> >Saw this one in 1985 inside a closed garage, also saw it still there

> last week. AFAIK it has not been moved since 1985. Owned by old
> farmer who was using a truck for tranportation, he died recently. I
> have only seen this one from the rear end through the garage door.
> Covered with decades of dust, didn't see any damage on the little bit
> I could see of it.
> *********
> Did you have a question?
> ~ Paul
> aka "Tha Driver"
>
> Giggle Cream - it makes dessert *funny*!

No, just hoping that someone will be able to obtain this fine car and
save it from moldering into the dirt.

Harry K
Old August 30th 04, 05:10 AM
ThaDriver

>No, just hoping that someone will be able to obtain this fine car and
save it from moldering into the dirt.
**********
Would love to, if I had more info than just a "Plymouth Fury" (& some
extra cash). Year of car? Location? (state or even country would help). Do
you find cars for a fee? Are you a dealer? (not that I would mind either)
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Old August 30th 04, 11:47 AM
ThaDriver

>Are '85 Furys considered classic *or* antique? I'm a MoPar lover, but I
wouldn't touch much made after 1973 myself, especially a '85 Fury.
>I'm serious... are they?
>~~R.Banks

*********
Never said what year it was yet. I did notice the state in his second
post... (more info would sure help). Too far away for me anyhoo, though.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Old August 30th 04, 04:05 PM
Harry K

"ThaDriver" > wrote in message alkaboutautos.com>...
> >Are '85 Furys considered classic *or* antique? I'm a MoPar lover, but I

> wouldn't touch much made after 1973 myself, especially a '85 Fury.
> >I'm serious... are they?
> >~~R.Banks

> *********
> Never said what year it was yet. I did notice the state in his second
> post... (more info would sure help). Too far away for me anyhoo, though.
> ~ Paul
> aka "Tha Driver"
>
> Giggle Cream - it makes dessert *funny*!

Sorry about the year. I don't know it but am guessing the 60s, for
sure no later than early 70s by body style (what little I saw).

No, not a dealer or finder for fee. I just hate to see old cars left
to rust and hope someone might be interested. Post them in here and
elsewhere when I see one worth (I hope) the trouble for someone.

Location is SE Wa. Estate info on 'Bud' Mohr would be available
through the courts at Colfax, WA (county seat).

Harry K
Old August 30th 04, 05:47 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Robin Banks wrote:

> Are '85 Furys considered classic *or* antique? I'm a MoPar lover, but I
> wouldn't touch much made after 1973 myself, especially a '85 Fury.
>
> I'm serious... are they?

No.

George Patterson
If you want to know God's opinion of money, just look at the people
he gives it to.
Old August 31st 04, 04:10 AM
Harry K

"G.R. Patterson III" > wrote in message >...
> Robin Banks wrote:
> >
> > Are '85 Furys considered classic *or* antique? I'm a MoPar lover, but I
> > wouldn't touch much made after 1973 myself, especially a '85 Fury.
> >
> > I'm serious... are they?

> No.
>
> George Patterson
> If you want to know God's opinion of money, just look at the people
> he gives it to.

Well, I learned something. I am basically a Ford person, didn't
follow teh MoPar types at all. I wasn't even aware that the Fury was
built much after the 70s.

I will be careful to include better info in any future posts.

Harry K
Old September 8th 04, 03:31 AM
Ad absurdum per aspera

> I wasn't even aware that the Fury was built much after the 70s.

The name was in use almost to the end of the 80s. They called it the
"Gran Fury"; along with the very similar Dodge Diplomat it was one of
the stereotypical squad cars of the decade. See for instance
http://www.allpar.com/model/fury.html

Unless it is truly in little old lady/church/etc. condition or has
some special (and documentable) provenance, the cash value and
collector interest of that last generation would be modest. They're
decent enough grocery-getters if you get a good example.

Cheers,
--Joe

plymouth duster gopher2 Dodge 0 September 9th 04 05:49 PM
1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv. Rockman Antique cars 1 January 27th 04 03:08 PM
Trophy winning 1969 Plymouth Valiant Peanutjake Antique cars 2 September 18th 03 03:33 PM