Two Greedy Italians

Old May 3rd 11, 09:00 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Savage[_3_]

Default Two Greedy Italians

BBC2 - Wednesday 4th - 20:00 hours.

Watch it for :

Antonio Carluccio and Gennaro Contaldo (which one has the heaviest accent?)

Italian Food (best in the world)

Alfa Romeo soft-top (circa 1966 vintage) - some expert will be along shortly
to tell us the precise model.

Dave S.... :>)) 156 2.0 (twinspark i.e. proper engine) SP2 '98

Old May 3rd 11, 12:34 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Dave Savage > wrote:

> BBC2 - Wednesday 4th - 20:00 hours.
>
> Watch it for :
>
> Antonio Carluccio and Gennaro Contaldo (which one has the heaviest accent?)
>
> Italian Food (best in the world)
>
> Alfa Romeo soft-top (circa 1966 vintage) - some expert will be along shortly
> to tell us the precise model.

I'm sure I've seen the trailer - and I'm sure it's older than that, as
that would be a 105 series Spider.

I *think* it's a 1950s vintage (although made through to '62) Giulietta
Spider.

Like this one:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ulietta_Spider
..JPG
--
SteveH
Old May 3rd 11, 02:58 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

On 03/05/2011 09:00, Dave Savage wrote:
> BBC2 - Wednesday 4th - 20:00 hours.
>
> Watch it for :
>
> Antonio Carluccio and Gennaro Contaldo (which one has the heaviest accent?)
>
> Italian Food (best in the world)
>
> Alfa Romeo soft-top (circa 1966 vintage) - some expert

In an anorak

will be along shortly
> to tell us the precise model.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
#www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old May 3rd 11, 02:59 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

On 03/05/2011 12:34, SteveH wrote:
> Dave > wrote:
>
>> BBC2 - Wednesday 4th - 20:00 hours.
>>
>> Watch it for :
>>
>> Antonio Carluccio and Gennaro Contaldo (which one has the heaviest accent?)
>>
>> Italian Food (best in the world)
>>
>> Alfa Romeo soft-top (circa 1966 vintage) - some expert will be along shortly
>> to tell us the precise model.

> I'm sure I've seen the trailer - and I'm sure it's older than that, as
> that would be a 105 series Spider.
>
> I *think* it's a 1950s vintage (although made through to '62) Giulietta
> Spider.
>
> Like this one:
>
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ulietta_Spider
> .JPG

And there he is

Isn't that *lovely*

Old May 3rd 11, 03:21 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Savage[_3_]

"SteveH" > wrote in message
.. .
> Dave Savage > wrote:
>
>> BBC2 - Wednesday 4th - 20:00 hours.
>>
>> Watch it for :
>>
>> Antonio Carluccio and Gennaro Contaldo (which one has the heaviest
>> accent?)
>>
>> Italian Food (best in the world)
>>
>> Alfa Romeo soft-top (circa 1966 vintage) - some expert will be along
>> shortly
>> to tell us the precise model.

> I'm sure I've seen the trailer - and I'm sure it's older than that, as
> that would be a 105 series Spider.
>
> I *think* it's a 1950s vintage (although made through to '62) Giulietta
> Spider.
>
> Like this one:
>
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ulietta_Spider
> .JPG
> --
> SteveH

Oops - getting a nasty "404" error ! Does this mean I'm fated to never see
the machine in all its beauty ?

Dave S.... usually :>)) , currently :>(

Old May 3rd 11, 03:45 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_14_]

"Dave Savage" > wrote in message

> "SteveH" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Dave Savage > wrote:
>>
>>> BBC2 - Wednesday 4th - 20:00 hours.
>>>
>>> Watch it for :
>>>
>>> Antonio Carluccio and Gennaro Contaldo (which one has the heaviest
>>> accent?)
>>>
>>> Italian Food (best in the world)
>>>
>>> Alfa Romeo soft-top (circa 1966 vintage) - some expert will be along
>>> shortly
>>> to tell us the precise model.

>> I'm sure I've seen the trailer - and I'm sure it's older than that, as
>> that would be a 105 series Spider.
>>
>> I *think* it's a 1950s vintage (although made through to '62) Giulietta
>> Spider.
>>
>> Like this one:
>>
>> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ulietta_Spider
>> .JPG
>> --
>> SteveH

> Oops - getting a nasty "404" error ! Does this mean I'm fated to never
> see the machine in all its beauty ?

No, it means you only copied half the URL - take the second line as well
(the .jpg part). Or just click this:

http://tinyurl.com/66a25wt

Old May 3rd 11, 03:46 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Dave Savage > wrote:

> > http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ulietta_Spider
> > .JPG
> > --
> > SteveH

> Oops - getting a nasty "404" error ! Does this mean I'm fated to never see
> the machine in all its beauty ?

It's a wrapped URL.

Copy and paste into your browser, as your newsreader must be having
issues with it.
--
SteveH
Old May 4th 11, 04:20 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Savage[_3_]

"GT" > wrote in message
b.com...

> "Dave Savage" > wrote in message
>>
>> "SteveH" > wrote in message
>> .. .

>>> I'm sure I've seen the trailer - and I'm sure it's older than that, as
>>> that would be a 105 series Spider.
>>>
>>> I *think* it's a 1950s vintage (although made through to '62) Giulietta
>>> Spider.
>>>
>>> Like this one:
>>>
>>> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ulietta_Spider
>>> .JPG
>>> --
>>> SteveH

>> Oops - getting a nasty "404" error ! Does this mean I'm fated to never
>> see the machine in all its beauty ?

> No, it means you only copied half the URL - take the second line as well
> (the .jpg part). Or just click this:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/66a25wt

Oh yes - very nice !

Dave S

Old May 4th 11, 08:59 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Dave Savage > wrote:

> BBC2 - Wednesday 4th - 20:00 hours.
>
> Watch it for :
>
> Antonio Carluccio and Gennaro Contaldo (which one has the heaviest accent?)
>
> Italian Food (best in the world)
>
> Alfa Romeo soft-top (circa 1966 vintage) - some expert will be along shortly
> to tell us the precise model.

And I forgot it was 8pm - thought it was 9pm.

Gah!
--
SteveH
Old May 5th 11, 07:10 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

On 04/05/2011 20:59, SteveH wrote:
> Dave > wrote:
>
>> BBC2 - Wednesday 4th - 20:00 hours.
>>
>> Watch it for :
>>
>> Antonio Carluccio and Gennaro Contaldo (which one has the heaviest accent?)
>>
>> Italian Food (best in the world)
>>
>> Alfa Romeo soft-top (circa 1966 vintage) - some expert will be along shortly
>> to tell us the precise model.

> And I forgot it was 8pm - thought it was 9pm.
>
> Gah!

iPlayer?

BTW do you know how to access that stuff from abroad? I can't recall any
of the sites that people mention.