Headlight adjustment

Old February 3rd 10, 09:16 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_11_]

Default Headlight adjustment

OK, I give in - where is it? Need to adjust vertical beam - higher please!

I've tried the black plastic hexagonal adjustor thingy above the wiring on
the central bulb connection and I've tried the white hexagonal plastic
adjuster thingy behind and below the central bulb wiring connection, but
nothing moves!

Thanks,
GT

Old February 3rd 10, 09:23 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

GT wrote:
> OK, I give in - where is it? Need to adjust vertical beam - higher please!
>
> I've tried the black plastic hexagonal adjustor thingy above the wiring on
> the central bulb connection and I've tried the white hexagonal plastic
> adjuster thingy behind and below the central bulb wiring connection, but
> nothing moves!

Well, on the 116 it's a sort of fluted knob. On the GT I press a button.

Can't recall what you drive

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old February 3rd 10, 09:28 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Catman > wrote:

> GT wrote:
> > OK, I give in - where is it? Need to adjust vertical beam - higher please!
> >
> > I've tried the black plastic hexagonal adjustor thingy above the wiring on
> > the central bulb connection and I've tried the white hexagonal plastic
> > adjuster thingy behind and below the central bulb wiring connection, but
> > nothing moves!

> Well, on the 116 it's a sort of fluted knob. On the GT I press a button.
>
> Can't recall what you drive

A 156, as I recall.

Thought they all had electric adjusters.
--
SteveH
Old February 3rd 10, 09:30 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

SteveH wrote:
> Catman > wrote:
>
>> GT wrote:
>>> OK, I give in - where is it? Need to adjust vertical beam - higher please!
>>>
>>> I've tried the black plastic hexagonal adjustor thingy above the wiring on
>>> the central bulb connection and I've tried the white hexagonal plastic
>>> adjuster thingy behind and below the central bulb wiring connection, but
>>> nothing moves!

>> Well, on the 116 it's a sort of fluted knob. On the GT I press a button.
>>
>> Can't recall what you drive

> A 156, as I recall.
>
> Thought they all had electric adjusters.

156 does indeed. Or at least both mine did.

Old February 3rd 10, 09:31 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Catman > wrote:

> SteveH wrote:
> > Catman > wrote:

> >> Well, on the 116 it's a sort of fluted knob. On the GT I press a button.
> >>
> >> Can't recall what you drive

> > A 156, as I recall.
> >
> > Thought they all had electric adjusters.

> 156 does indeed. Or at least both mine did.

Both of ours did (have), too.

--
SteveH
Old February 3rd 10, 10:39 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_11_]

"Catman" > wrote in message
> GT wrote:
>> OK, I give in - where is it? Need to adjust vertical beam - higher
>> please!
>>
>> I've tried the black plastic hexagonal adjustor thingy above the wiring
>> on the central bulb connection and I've tried the white hexagonal plastic
>> adjuster thingy behind and below the central bulb wiring connection, but
>> nothing moves!

> Well, on the 116 it's a sort of fluted knob. On the GT I press a button.
>
> Can't recall what you drive

Ah - that would have been useful info! Sorry its a 2002 156 2.0JTS. Facelift
interior. Old exterior.

Electric adjusters - how do I use them please! I have the standard adjuster
on the dash "0-1-2-3" for adjusting when car is heavy and pointing at the
sky, but I have not other cockpit adjusters.

Old February 3rd 10, 10:46 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

GT > wrote:

> Electric adjusters - how do I use them please! I have the standard adjuster
> on the dash "0-1-2-3" for adjusting when car is heavy and pointing at the
> sky, but I have not other cockpit adjusters.

Which setting are you using?
--
SteveH
Old February 3rd 10, 10:55 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

SteveH wrote:
> GT > wrote:
>
>> Electric adjusters - how do I use them please! I have the standard adjuster
>> on the dash "0-1-2-3" for adjusting when car is heavy and pointing at the
>> sky, but I have not other cockpit adjusters.

> Which setting are you using?

Indeed. 0 being the highest, 3 being the lowest. Counter intuitive, a
bit, but weight in the back forces the front up, thus the lights need to
come down.

Old February 3rd 10, 11:52 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_11_]

"Catman" > wrote in message
> SteveH wrote:
>> GT > wrote:
>>
>>> Electric adjusters - how do I use them please! I have the standard
>>> adjuster
>>> on the dash "0-1-2-3" for adjusting when car is heavy and pointing at
>>> the
>>> sky, but I have not other cockpit adjusters.

>> Which setting are you using?

> Indeed. 0 being the highest, 3 being the lowest. Counter intuitive, a bit,
> but weight in the back forces the front up, thus the lights need to come
> down.

I'm set on zero already. Can't I adjust the headlight beam pattern under the
bonnet somehow as well? (As in the allignment adjustments for MOT)?

Old February 4th 10, 07:42 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> SteveH wrote:

>>> Which setting are you using?

>> Indeed. 0 being the highest, 3 being the lowest. Counter intuitive, a bit,
>> but weight in the back forces the front up, thus the lights need to come
>> down.

> I'm set on zero already. Can't I adjust the headlight beam pattern under the
> bonnet somehow as well? (As in the allignment adjustments for MOT)?

Possibly, yes. Damned if I know how though, I'm afraid Is it not in
the manual?

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

99 Minivan headlight adjustment Satan Himself Chrysler 0 November 17th 07 04:56 PM
Headlight Adjustment 99 Caravan honk_on_bobo Dodge 0 August 4th 07 07:07 PM
headlight adjustment giveitup Dodge 2 August 10th 05 08:36 PM
headlight adjustment on 98 v6 Pirho Ford Mustang 1 February 6th 05 05:20 AM
Headlight adjustment Toby Groves Audi 3 June 8th 04 08:50 PM