Formula 1

Old October 28th 04, 02:35 AM
JP

Mitch_A > wrote in message
. com...
> Four top carmakers plan to split from Formula One and launch a rival
> open-wheel Grand Prix racing series by 2008.
>
> http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsracin/10018382.htm

Cool. Just what is needed; two series without racing.

Old October 28th 04, 04:30 AM
Kendt Eklund

"Mitch_A" > wrote in message >...
> What about the new FIA rules? Two tires all weekend, reduced displacement,
> aero package changes. Pretty drastic eh? Are they doing this to increase
> competition, reduce costs, safety or maybe all of the above?
>
> Mitch

I was talking about the way they just delivered them to the teams in a
letter at one of the rounds. They also said (although this may have
changed, correct me if I'm wrong) that all teams had to go to
transverse-mounted inline 4cyl - which screws Subaru for no good
reason I can think of.

Kendt
Old October 28th 04, 11:42 AM
Jan Verschueren

"Dave Henrie" wrote...
>> <snip>

> Does not the Enzo come stuffed with F1 tech?

And how many Enzos do you think will ever get driven on public roads?

Jan.
=---

Old October 28th 04, 11:09 PM
Dave Henrie

"Jan Verschueren" > wrote in
:

> And how many Enzos do you think will ever get driven on public roads?
>
> Jan.

A better question might be...of those Enzos that DO see the public
roads, how many will end up in the ditch?
dave henrie
Old October 29th 04, 07:21 AM
nathantw

I thought they were trying to make it like 1968 where the drivers were the
ones that won races and not technology. In those days they used one set of
tires for more than one race. Then again, what do I know?

. ..

Old October 29th 04, 07:25 AM
nathantw

Maybe we can then be able to get a licensed Grand Prix racing game back onto
the PC! Granting Sony sole rights to the games was a joke! They've had the
exclusive Formula One license for 1 or 2 seasons now and how many sims have
you seen?

Old October 29th 04, 05:01 PM
Dave Henrie

"nathantw" > wrote in
m:

> Maybe we can then be able to get a licensed Grand Prix racing game
> back onto the PC! Granting Sony sole rights to the games was a joke!
> They've had the exclusive Formula One license for 1 or 2 seasons now
> and how many sims have you seen?

What's the point? We've had Crammond's GP series and the ISI series up
to this year. With the exception of the qualifying rules, you pretty much
already HAVE a modern F1 sim. I'm not missing it any and I watch F1 every
Sunday it's on, often at 4:30 am due to my West Coast location.
dave henrie