Cleaning rear glass???

Old February 23rd 07, 11:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
KLATTU

Default Cleaning rear glass???

Is there any way to the rear glass in a 2001 GT to clean it all the
way down to the bottom. Is it a chore to take the rear deck out to
get to the glass?

KLATTU
Old February 23rd 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_1_]

"KLATTU" > wrote in message
> Is there any way to the rear glass in a 2001 GT to clean it all the
> way down to the bottom. Is it a chore to take the rear deck out to
> get to the glass?

While we're talking about glass. What's the best way to remove the film on
the inside of the glass that I'm assuming is from the plastic interior out
gassing? All I seem to be able to do is smear it. Tried Windex. Has to be
something that cuts it.

Al

Old February 23rd 07, 10:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
ocean

"Big Al" > wrote in
:

> "KLATTU" > wrote in message
>> Is there any way to the rear glass in a 2001 GT to clean it all
>> the
>> way down to the bottom. Is it a chore to take the rear deck out to
>> get to the glass?
>>

> While we're talking about glass. What's the best way to remove the
> film on the inside of the glass that I'm assuming is from the plastic
> interior out gassing? All I seem to be able to do is smear it. Tried
> Windex. Has to be something that cuts it.
>
> Al

Use newpaper and windex. The newpaper will pick up the firm rather than
smear it.

Get Anonymous, Uncensored, Access to West and East Coast Server Farms at!
----== Highest Retention and Completion Rates! HTTP://WWW.NEWSGROUPS.COM ==----
Old February 24th 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Rick Olive

ocean wrote:
> "Big Al" > wrote in
> :
>

>>"KLATTU" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Is there any way to the rear glass in a 2001 GT to clean it all
>>> the
>>>way down to the bottom. Is it a chore to take the rear deck out to
>>>get to the glass?
>>>

>>While we're talking about glass. What's the best way to remove the
>>film on the inside of the glass that I'm assuming is from the plastic
>>interior out gassing? All I seem to be able to do is smear it. Tried
>>Windex. Has to be something that cuts it.
>>
>>Al
>>

> Use newpaper and windex. The newpaper will pick up the firm rather than
> smear it.

> Get Anonymous, Uncensored, Access to West and East Coast Server Farms at!
> ----== Highest Retention and Completion Rates! HTTP://WWW.NEWSGROUPS.COM ==----

Stoner Invisible Glass with cheap paper towel or newspaper. Buff out
with clean cloth (NO fabric softeners) then RainX anti-fog. PITA, but if
you're gonna do it...

HELp - Cleaning Auto glass Neil Jones Technology 3 October 17th 06 12:19 AM
rear glass 94zipbanger Corvette 1 October 29th 05 01:13 PM
Cleaning window glass properly David Hageman BMW 4 October 4th 05 06:29 PM
interior glass cleaning poppo Chrysler 3 August 22nd 05 02:03 AM
Cleaning the rear window Nielsen Mazda 2 January 9th 05 01:12 AM