1993 Mustang "Transition Phase"!?

Old September 29th 12, 09:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

Default 1993 Mustang "Transition Phase"!?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/211/i10swim.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/22/mittzq.jpg/
Old September 30th 12, 02:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
A Guy Named Steve

On Saturday, September 29, 2012 9:25:09 AM UTC-7, wrote:

> > Hi Patrick - doing well.

> And the wife?

Good - she's been really busy, which is nice as an architect when the economy is in the tanks. Things have picked up a bit lately.

> >Still on the search for a car I can race and not have to mess with much.

> Duel purpose (a daily driver and track) or primarily just a second car/more track car?

Second car - something I can drive when I want some power and take to the track when I want to race. Always looking for a clean 5.0 notch. Also like the 2005-6 GTO's, but they're still close to $20k around here.

> > But I'm in no hurry. Still doing the same thing in the same place.

> And I'm still in the Hurricane State.

At least you're not in ABQ anymore. I'm hoping we'll get back to Santa Fe in April for our 10th anniversary. We go to NM every year, but haven't been to Santa Fe since our 5th.

> Not sure if you knew... I picked up an '11 GT a couple years ago. You can easily guess at its appearance and option sheet.) The Cobra is gone -- my Fox era is over after a 25-year run. Kids are doing well -- my son [finally] got his first car -- 2006 SRT Magnum (want to guess the color?). But I really haven't been doing anything car related -- the GT is still factory stock and I haven't done any racing, in years. I do, however, still read everything automotive and I attend car shows from time to time.

I may have seen something about that. I browse through here once ever several months or so. The Cobras really haven't held value as well as I thought they should. They're now 20 years old. Amazing to think my first GS350 was only 14 years old when I got it. I've been to the drag races a few times. I usually just watch and take a few photos. It's tough to be there and not be racing. Car shows have never really interested me.

> Last I heard you had sold the Buick and were playing around with a daily driver and getting some pretty impressive times. I can't remember the vehicle though.) So bring me up to date on your automotive life.

Never did get around to doing much of anything with the V6 Rav4. Didn't even take it to the track this year. Got a 15.05 out of it right after I bought it. A guy in Delaware has done very little (custom cold air intake, exhaust, lighter wheels (original are runflat), torque converter (he says didn't help) and a different throttle body. His best is 13.903 @ 98.48mph. I think the exhaust and wheel/tire combo are a big part of that. The intake swap doesn't do much without the exhaust. It would be fun to be able to run 13's, but I don't feel like putting out the effort for my daily driver V6 SUV....

Steve
Old September 30th 12, 02:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
A Guy Named Steve

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/3296902118.html

> > Yep, just a regular, low-mileage '93 'vert with an auto.

> > Long time no see... what's up? How are things?

> > Patrick

> He puts cool pictures on Facebook sometimes LOL P

Define "cool" - you mean me running or biking? Doing a duathlon tomorrow. 5K run/14 mile bike/5K run. It's a hilly course. Hope to finish in under 2 hours.
Old September 30th 12, 02:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 9/29/2012 20:08, A Guy Named Steve wrote:
>>> Long time no see... what's up? How are things?

>>> Patrick

>> He puts cool pictures on Facebook sometimes LOL P

> Define "cool" - you mean me running or biking? Doing a duathlon tomorrow. 5K run/14 mile bike/5K run. It's a hilly course. Hope to finish in under 2 hours.

The scenery pictures. Oh, and people tripping over dogs....

Hey Patrick, what made you ditch NM for FL???
Old October 1st 12, 01:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
A Guy Named Steve

On Sunday, September 30, 2012 6:44:35 AM UTC-7, WindsorFox<SS> wrote:

> >> He puts cool pictures on Facebook sometimes LOL P

> > Define "cool" - you mean me running or biking? Doing a duathlon tomorrow. 5K run/14 mile bike/5K run. It's a hilly course. Hope to finish in under 2 hours.

> The scenery pictures. Oh, and people tripping over dogs....

As long as it isn't me. I pushed so hard on that bike that my run was over 1 min/mile off where it should have been.

> Hey Patrick, what made you ditch NM for FL???

Have you never been to Albuquerque!?!?

Steve
Old October 1st 12, 02:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 9/30/2012 19:45, A Guy Named Steve wrote:

>>> Define "cool" - you mean me running or biking? Doing a duathlon tomorrow. 5K run/14 mile bike/5K run. It's a hilly course. Hope to finish in under 2 hours.

>> The scenery pictures. Oh, and people tripping over dogs....

> As long as it isn't me. I pushed so hard on that bike that my run was over 1 min/mile off where it should have been.
>

>> Hey Patrick, what made you ditch NM for FL???

> Have you never been to Albuquerque!?!?
>
> Steve

Only once, I missed my Left turn. I've heard SF is pretty nice
year around.

Old October 2nd 12, 12:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
A Guy Named Steve

On Monday, October 1, 2012 6:48:42 AM UTC-7, WindsorFox<SS> wrote:
> On 9/30/2012 19:45, A Guy Named Steve wrote:

> >> The scenery pictures. Oh, and people tripping over dogs....

> > As long as it isn't me. I pushed so hard on that bike that my run was over 1 min/mile off where it should have been.

> >> Hey Patrick, what made you ditch NM for FL???

> > Have you never been to Albuquerque!?!?

> > Steve

> Only once, I missed my Left turn. I've heard SF is pretty nice
>
> year around.

I got married in Santa Fe. Wouldn't want to live there - but it's a great place to visit every few years for an anniversary.
Old January 23rd 13, 04:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

On Sunday, September 30, 2012 7:45:05 PM UTC-5, A Guy Named Steve wrote:

> > > Define "cool" - you mean me running or biking? Doing a duathlon tomorrow. 5K run/14 mile bike/5K run. It's a hilly course. Hope to finish in under 2 hours.

> > The scenery pictures. Oh, and people tripping over dogs....

> As long as it isn't me. I pushed so hard on that bike that my run was over 1 min/mile off where it should have been.
>

> > Hey Patrick, what made you ditch NM for FL???

> Have you never been to Albuquerque!?!?

I wasn't the weather. Albuquerque's = ideal. Florida = 7 months good, 5 months terrible.

Military thing. I wanted to live overseas one more time.

Patrick