FFB latency

Old March 15th 12, 01:29 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default FFB latency

Well, after I realised that the correct way to set FFB is to put all
values the same, I reassessed the "cockpitLookDeadZone" value. It turned out
that this value should be much lower than I previously thought. On my system
it is somewhere around 0.002760.
If your system is well trimmed (this means that everything else is
free of lag as much as possible), then you can find this value by starting
with 0.000000, and moving up by 0.000100 step. This way you will understand
exactly what is going on with FFB.
Of course, perspective should also be good. The horizontal distance
from my eyes to the edge of my table, where wheel is attached, is 44 cm.
This can help you to set FOV correctly. Just measure the distance from
screen to the edge of table, and add 44 cm. Vanishing point shouldn't be
more than 0.5 inches, or 1.5 cm wrong, otherwise strange things happen, and
it isn't posible to set FFB correctly.

Old March 18th 12, 03:01 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Mario Petrinovic:
> Well, after I realised that the correct way to set FFB is to put
> all
> values the same, I reassessed the "cockpitLookDeadZone" value. It turned
> out
> that this value should be much lower than I previously thought. On my
> system it is somewhere around 0.002760.
> If your system is well trimmed (this means that everything else is
> free of lag as much as possible), then you can find this value by starting
> with 0.000000, and moving up by 0.000100 step. This way you will
> understand exactly what is going on with FFB.
> Of course, perspective should also be good. The horizontal distance
> from my eyes to the edge of my table, where wheel is attached, is 44 cm.
> This can help you to set FOV correctly. Just measure the distance from
> screen to the edge of table, and add 44 cm. Vanishing point shouldn't be
> more than 0.5 inches, or 1.5 cm wrong, otherwise strange things happen,
> and it isn't posible to set FFB correctly.

Hm, strangly, now I like vanising point to be 0,0%. I'll reassess
this, too.

Old March 20th 12, 11:14 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Mario Petrinovic:
> Mario Petrinovic:
>> Well, after I realised that the correct way to set FFB is to put
>> all
>> values the same, I reassessed the "cockpitLookDeadZone" value. It turned
>> out
>> that this value should be much lower than I previously thought. On my
>> system it is somewhere around 0.002760.
>> If your system is well trimmed (this means that everything else is
>> free of lag as much as possible), then you can find this value by
>> starting
>> with 0.000000, and moving up by 0.000100 step. This way you will
>> understand exactly what is going on with FFB.
>> Of course, perspective should also be good. The horizontal
>> distance
>> from my eyes to the edge of my table, where wheel is attached, is 44 cm.
>> This can help you to set FOV correctly. Just measure the distance from
>> screen to the edge of table, and add 44 cm. Vanishing point shouldn't be
>> more than 0.5 inches, or 1.5 cm wrong, otherwise strange things happen,
>> and it isn't posible to set FFB correctly.

> Hm, strangly, now I like vanising point to be 0,0%. I'll reassess
> this, too.

Yes, I'll stick with 0.0%. Out of 0.0% FFB becomes more constrained.
Above loser, below tighter. Now I do feel like I am sitting too high, but,
after all, this is true, I really am sitting so that my eyes are higher than
the center of screen.

FFB progress Mario Petrinovic Simulators 5 February 14th 12 05:36 PM
FFB update Mario Petrinovic Simulators 1 October 15th 11 12:43 AM
FFB (so far) Mario Petrinovic Simulators 0 September 25th 11 10:57 AM
FFB Mario Petrinovic Simulators 26 September 5th 11 08:52 AM
G25 v. ECCI - To FFB or not to FFB [email protected] Simulators 1 August 17th 07 02:35 PM