Tyre wear

Old July 11th 11, 08:04 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
TonyB

Default Tyre wear

Hi all,
I've got feathering of one rear tyre, the offside, only. It's on the inside
edge. It's a 156 JTDm, all new Pirellis were fitted a few months ago and the
tread depth is still good apart from this obvious area of wear.

Garage says it's a trait of Pirellis which is clearly B******s.
Any thoughts?

TonyB

Old July 11th 11, 09:10 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

On 11/07/2011 08:04, TonyB wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've got feathering of one rear tyre, the offside, only. It's on the
> inside edge. It's a 156 JTDm, all new Pirellis were fitted a few months
> ago and the tread depth is still good apart from this obvious area of wear.
>
> Garage says it's a trait of Pirellis which is clearly B******s.
> Any thoughts?

Yes. Your rear bushings are shot. They need replacing, or you'll be
eating tyres. It makes them wear in a feathered pattern on the inside edge.

HTH

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 147 TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
#www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old July 13th 11, 01:25 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
TonyB

"Catman" > wrote in message
> On 11/07/2011 08:04, TonyB wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I've got feathering of one rear tyre, the offside, only. It's on the
>> inside edge. It's a 156 JTDm, all new Pirellis were fitted a few months
>> ago and the tread depth is still good apart from this obvious area of
>> wear.
>>
>> Garage says it's a trait of Pirellis which is clearly B******s.
>> Any thoughts?
>>

> Yes. Your rear bushings are shot. They need replacing, or you'll be
> eating tyres. It makes them wear in a feathered pattern on the inside
> edge.
>
> HTH

Thanks, that sounds about right after the winter we've had.
Mind, it's just passed an MoT this very week like it although they failed
the front uppers. Together with an aircon re-charges, pollen filter change
and the MoT it was just over £400. The rear tyre is shot now so the bushes
will have to wait a while.

Thanks again
TonyB

Old July 13th 11, 03:28 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

On 13/07/2011 13:25, TonyB wrote:

> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> On 11/07/2011 08:04, TonyB wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I've got feathering of one rear tyre, the offside, only. It's on the
>>> inside edge. It's a 156 JTDm, all new Pirellis were fitted a few months
>>> ago and the tread depth is still good apart from this obvious area of
>>> wear.
>>>
>>> Garage says it's a trait of Pirellis which is clearly B******s.
>>> Any thoughts?
>>>

>> Yes. Your rear bushings are shot. They need replacing, or you'll be
>> eating tyres. It makes them wear in a feathered pattern on the inside
>> edge.
>>
>> HTH

> Thanks, that sounds about right after the winter we've had.
> Mind, it's just passed an MoT this very week like it although they
> failed the front uppers.

Not sure if it's an MOT fail, or not, but AIUI it's also very hard to
check other then by the appetite for tyres, or dissembly

>Together with an aircon re-charges, pollen
> filter change and the MoT it was just over £400. The rear tyre is shot
> now so the bushes will have to wait a while.
>
> Thanks again

Glad to be of service.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 147 TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
#www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

F1 1979 tyre wear jason moyer Simulators 1 August 30th 06 01:09 AM
Tyre wear on Prelude [email protected] Honda 5 January 13th 06 04:56 AM
Tyre wear Juper Wort VW air cooled 1 July 28th 05 05:09 PM
Tyre Wear Richard Goulding Audi 15 December 20th 04 06:55 PM
Tyre wear Eric Nadler BMW 1 September 18th 04 02:39 PM