Giulietta spotted - gorgeous in the flesh

Old October 15th 10, 03:02 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Savage[_3_]

Default Giulietta spotted - gorgeous in the flesh

Just saw my first Giulietta (White) in Wimbledon (South London). Couldn't
stop to examine, but .... gorgeous !!!!

As an aside - I don't generally find that white looks good on cars - is the
Alfa white an exception ?

Dave S :>)) 156 (Proteo Red, not White)

Old October 15th 10, 08:10 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Dave Savage wrote:
> Just saw my first Giulietta (White) in Wimbledon (South London). Couldn't
> stop to examine, but .... gorgeous !!!!
>
> As an aside - I don't generally find that white looks good on cars - is the
> Alfa white an exception ?

See my post the other day. I saw a metallic blue one on Wednesday.
Equally lovely.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old October 15th 10, 08:17 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Catman > wrote:

> Dave Savage wrote:
> > Just saw my first Giulietta (White) in Wimbledon (South London). Couldn't
> > stop to examine, but .... gorgeous !!!!
> >
> > As an aside - I don't generally find that white looks good on cars - is the
> > Alfa white an exception ?

> See my post the other day. I saw a metallic blue one on Wednesday.
> Equally lovely.

Still not convinced by the white, though.

How much do you reckon they'll retain at the 3-4 year mark? - will try
to hold off replacing the 156 until they become affordable.

Shame I can't persuade my employers to get me a Giulietta instead of the
Focus Eco******** they're handing out these days.
--
SteveH
Old October 15th 10, 09:26 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

SteveH wrote:
> Catman > wrote:
>
>> Dave Savage wrote:
>>> Just saw my first Giulietta (White) in Wimbledon (South London). Couldn't
>>> stop to examine, but .... gorgeous !!!!
>>>
>>> As an aside - I don't generally find that white looks good on cars - is the
>>> Alfa white an exception ?

>> See my post the other day. I saw a metallic blue one on Wednesday.
>> Equally lovely.

> Still not convinced by the white, though.
>
> How much do you reckon they'll retain at the 3-4 year mark? - will try
> to hold off replacing the 156 until they become affordable.

*No* idea. I still can't see myself buying one until they put a decent
engine in.

> Shame I can't persuade my employers to get me a Giulietta instead of the
> Focus Eco******** they're handing out these days.

Heh.

Old October 15th 10, 09:31 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Catman > wrote:

> > How much do you reckon they'll retain at the 3-4 year mark? - will try
> > to hold off replacing the 156 until they become affordable.
> >

> *No* idea. I still can't see myself buying one until they put a decent
> engine in.

You'll be waiting a long time for a V6 - they just won't happen in
modern cars, as low pressure turbos deliver the same power / torque with
significantly better emissions and economy.

Obviously, the 1750 Turbo is the one to have - but I'd be more than
happy with a 170bhp 1.4 TJet.
--
SteveH
Old October 16th 10, 09:09 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Savage[_3_]

"Catman" > wrote in message
> SteveH wrote:
>> Catman > wrote:

>>> See my post the other day. I saw a metallic blue one on Wednesday.
>>> Equally lovely.

>> Still not convinced by the white, though.
>>
>> How much do you reckon they'll retain at the 3-4 year mark? - will try
>> to hold off replacing the 156 until they become affordable.
>>

> *No* idea. I still can't see myself buying one until they put a decent
> engine in.
>
>> Shame I can't persuade my employers to get me a Giulietta instead of the
>> Focus Eco******** they're handing out these days.

> Heh.
>
> --
> Catman MIB#14 SKoGA#6 TEAR#4 BOTAFOF#38 Apostle#21 COSOC#3
> Tyger, Tyger Burning Bright (Remove rust to reply)
> 116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
> Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
> www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

"decent engine" !!! Forget it, those days are past.. :>((

Dave S .... 156 2.0 Twin Spark :>))

PS (as an aside, if God had intended people to go jogging, he would never
have invented the Alfa Romeo Twin Spark Engine)

Old October 16th 10, 01:16 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

SteveH wrote:
> Catman > wrote:
>
>>> How much do you reckon they'll retain at the 3-4 year mark? - will try
>>> to hold off replacing the 156 until they become affordable.
>>>

>> *No* idea. I still can't see myself buying one until they put a decent
>> engine in.

> You'll be waiting a long time for a V6 - they just won't happen in
> modern cars, as low pressure turbos deliver the same power / torque with
> significantly better emissions and economy.

Yeha, I know

> Obviously, the 1750 Turbo is the one to have - but I'd be more than
> happy with a 170bhp 1.4 TJet.

I wouldn't mind testing the 1750, but we shall see.

Old October 16th 10, 01:17 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Dave Savage wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> SteveH wrote:

>>> Still not convinced by the white, though.
>>>
>>> How much do you reckon they'll retain at the 3-4 year mark? - will try
>>> to hold off replacing the 156 until they become affordable.
>>>

>> *No* idea. I still can't see myself buying one until they put a decent
>> engine in.
>>
>>> Shame I can't persuade my employers to get me a Giulietta instead of the
>>> Focus Eco******** they're handing out these days.

>> Heh.
>>
>> --
>> Catman MIB#14 SKoGA#6 TEAR#4 BOTAFOF#38 Apostle#21 COSOC#3
>> Tyger, Tyger Burning Bright (Remove rust to reply)
>> 116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
>> Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
>> www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

> "decent engine" !!! Forget it, those days are past.. :>((
>
> Dave S .... 156 2.0 Twin Spark :>))

Sadly I think you're right

> PS (as an aside, if God had intended people to go jogging, he would never
> have invented the Alfa Romeo Twin Spark Engine)

Heh. I'd go with the original straight 4, or the 12 valve V6
Old October 16th 10, 01:30 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Catman > wrote:

> > PS (as an aside, if God had intended people to go jogging, he would never
> > have invented the Alfa Romeo Twin Spark Engine)
> >

> Heh. I'd go with the original straight 4, or the 12 valve V6

My choice is the original twin-cam with the variable timing and
twin-spark upgrades, as used in the 75/155/164.
--
SteveH