156 and 147 bonnet problems...

Old November 19th 04, 03:33 PM
cupra

cupra wrote:
> Ross wrote:
>
>> " cupra" > wrote in message
>>

>>> Hmmm.... is it something that's likely to have been fixed >already on 04

>> models?
>>

>>> (147 16V JTD lusso 2004)

>> The letter I received says "all versions", so probably applies to your
>> 147.
>> The problem seems to be "how" you close the bonnet and "how" the catch is
>> maintained rather than replacing parts for a modified item.
>>
>> Probably worth the price of a phone call to Alfa UK or your dealer to
>> check.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Regards
>> Ross
>>

> Thanks, Ross - it's going to be going in soon to replace the filler neck
> so I'll ask when they call me back,
>
> Cheers

And spookily enough, they've just called me back so I asked them if it
affected my model - they said *if* you've got a letter, then yes.....
but even if I don't get a letter I think I'll get them to check it anyway!
Old November 20th 04, 05:53 PM
Ross

"cupra" > wrote in message

> Thanks, Ross - it's going to be going in soon to replace the filler neck
> so I'll ask when they call me back,

What's the problem with the filler neck? Just yours or something that
affects other 147's?

Regards
Ross

Old November 22nd 04, 10:51 AM
cupra

Ross wrote:
> "cupra" > wrote in message
>
>>Thanks, Ross - it's going to be going in soon to replace the filler neck
>>so I'll ask when they call me back,
>>

> What's the problem with the filler neck? Just yours or something that
> affects other 147's?
>
> Regards
> Ross

Just mine - had a fuel leak, the tank was changed but they need to
change the filler neck as well!
Old December 26th 04, 03:30 PM
VMax

"Domestos" <never.you@mind> wrote in message
> Anybody else get the standard letter through the post telling 147 and 16
> drivers to get thier car checked out for a dodgy bonnet? Post 2001 models
> apparently !!!
>
> Thanks,
> Domestos

Hi,

Recieved a letter saying that under certain condition the bonnet might open
whilst driving.
Suggested to go to the workshop to have it checked ( basicly needs lubing,
they say)
Also an addition to the manual stating how to "correctly" close the bonnet.
(let it drop from 8 - 10 inches and check if it's closed)
and a maintenance instruction to lube or apply grease with every check-up
interval.

Nothing to worry I'd say

VMax

164 TS (1997-2000), 146 JTD (2000-2003)
147 JTD Ed. Limitata, tuned (150BHP, 365Nm), Eibach lowered, Ragazon exhaust

Old January 17th 05, 06:29 PM
deezelium

I found this after having a problem. well I have a 51 reg alfa 147, was
driving down the motorway and the bonnet flew up, smashed the roof lining
blew in the windscreen, ranked up both wings and scared the cack out of
me. Now in repair takes about 10 days and £350 excess for something that
wasnt my problem! I DIDNT GET A LETTER!!!!!

Old January 27th 05, 03:34 PM
mario

se sei una donna fammi vedere le tue tette