Paranoid liberal sow Janet Napolitano warns of Domestic TerrorismThreat.. Fear mongering from Obama.

Old February 11th 11, 01:41 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.california,talk.politics.guns,misc.fitness.weights,rec.motorcycles
brad herschel

Default Paranoid liberal sow Janet Napolitano warns of Domestic TerrorismThreat.. Fear mongering from Obama.

On Feb 10, 8:27*pm, "Leroy N. Soetoro" >
wrote:
> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...57613437318654....
> html
>
> WASHINGTON—The proliferation of radicalized followers of al Qaeda within
> the U.S. has put the nation at a heightened risk of terrorist attacks,
> though on a smaller scale than the Sept. 11, 2001, strikes, security
> officials told Congress Wednesday.
>
> "The terrorist threat facing our country has evolved significantly in the
> last 10 years—and continues to evolve," Homeland Security Secretary Janet
> Napolitano told a House committee exploring the threat from homegrown
> radicals.
>
> The U.S. government's response to 9/11 limited the threat of a major
> terrorist attack launched by al Qaeda from overseas, Ms. Napolitano said.
> But lone-wolf extremists with little or no formal connection to al Qaeda
> have proliferated and are potentially plotting small-scale attacks in the
> U.S, officials said.
>
> "In some ways, the threat facing us is at its most heightened state since"
> 9/11, Ms. Napolitano told the House Committee on Homeland Security. "We
> face a threat environment where violent extremism is not defined or
> contained by international borders," she said
>
> U.S. counterterrorism officials, led by White House terrorism adviser John
> Brennan, are turning their sights on the threat posed by homegrown
> extremists, even as they put more pressure on al Qaeda's presumed central
> operations near the Afghanistan-Pakistan border.
>
> Homegrown extremists can be individuals who become violently radicalized,
> perhaps after exposure to jihadi videos, sermons and training manuals
> available on the Internet, security officials say. Such plotters are
> harder for counterterrorism officials to spot because they have few links
> with known terrorist operatives and often don't travel overseas for
> training.
>
> Counterterrorism officials say the shooting spree at Ft. Hood, Texas, in
> November 2009, in which 13 people were killed and 32 others were wounded,
> highlights the deadly potential from attacks carried out by an individual
> with no formal links to al Qaeda.
>
> The U.S. military will determine later this month if the suspect, Maj.
> Nidal Malik Hasan, is fit to stand trial. Maj. Hasan's legal team so far
> hasn't entered a plea regarding the charges against him.
>
> Prosecutors say Maj. Hasan had been in email contact with a violent
> cleric, Anwar Awlaki, who U.S. officials say is a key member of al Qaeda
> in the Arabian Peninsula.
>
> Sens. Joe Lieberman, an independent from Connecticut, and Susan Collins, a
> Republican from Maine, concluded in a report released last week that the
> Pentagon and the Federal Bureau of Investigation had clear warning signs
> of "Hasan's radicalization to violent Islamist extremism but failed both
> to understand and to act on it."
>
> The FBI has used sting operations to foil a number of homegrown plots in
> [...]

Uncle Suckemoff still welcomes about 80K muslim immigrants a year.

Obama's Birth Certificate - Demand that US presidential electorsinvestigate Obama's eligibility [email protected] Technology 0 December 3rd 08 08:58 AM
Paranoid cops. Brent P[_1_] Driving 3 July 12th 08 07:09 AM
Barack Obama's Muslim Childhood - Rony Amir, describes Obama as Jussi Riihimäki Alfa Romeo 0 June 27th 08 02:30 PM
Fear rFactor wont be able to replicate GPL? Fear not. Andreas Davour Simulators 8 April 18th 07 12:58 PM